Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Having trouble imagining this guy in a Mariners uniform, just doesn't seem to track :v:

welcome back K-Pax, remember to peel the banana before eating it

I mean who wouldn't want this kind of mental fortitude on their team

https://twitter.com/beardedroseguy/status/1360793375255896067

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Chiming in to say gently caress Mather, loving resign you dumb poo poo

God why do I root for this decades long trash fire of a team, like it had to find new ways to hurt me

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1363700705723248641?s=19

"They [the views] do not represent the views and strategy of the Mariners" like wtf you're the president, what the gently caress is the company strategy then?

If Stanton allowed this apology to go out then it means he probably didn't ask Mather to resign, which means these views drat well do represent those of the organization.

I don't know how I can continue to support the Mariners if Mather is kept on. What would be the point?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Good, gently caress off forever

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I have never met a Mariners fan who actually believed that or enjoyed the kind of chaos they imbue except in a gallows humor kind of way.

Yeah it's dull and it loving sucks

There's something especially awful and pointless about watching a bad baseball team built on expensive FAs like the post-2003 and 2010s Mariners. There's just this water torture drip drip drip of losses and there's no hope of prospects coming up the pipeline to help. It's enervating.

And at long last they committed to a full rebuild, got a talented farm team, and then pissed them all off, cool, cool