Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They help with basically all athletic pursuits

Goons dismissing steroids ability to help a baseball player because there isn't any way to quantify them statistically is such a classic poo poo take. Just because no one can outright say "they double your hr/fb%" or "they had an extra 5% to your exit velocity" doesn't mean that being able to recover from the strain of a long season with batting practice, weight lifting etc thrown in doesn't help. Imagine a player being too sore or tired to take extra swings in the cage or extra reps fielding ground balls or extra throws between starts keeping a good feel on their offspeed. Theres a finite amount of energy a guy might have to practice between games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/VictorRojas/status/1347921959074598913?s=20

Victor Rojas is leaving as the Angels pbp guy. I always liked him and thought he did a good job.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

God drat Madison Cawthorn didn't even get to hold the title of 'most embarrassing signature' for one week.

It is very difficult to care about baseball even casually anymore. Between ownership fuckery and COVID fuckery it's been a real chore to keep up, before even getting started with how lovely my team is every year.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Popete posted:

His defense is pretty terrible is my understanding.

When he is the replacement for Kole Calhoun in RF his defense looks bad. When he is the replacement for Justin Upton in LF he looks like a God.

PECOTA projections look hilariously off. How are the Angels an 87 win team slated for the WC-1 slot?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Did they copy and paste their wrong tweet that they corrected in their post as a tweet 2 weeks later and then edit in the exact same correction? I thought I was stroking out when I read that post because I swore it happened a long time ago.

It's taken 12 years of posting in SAS but I can finally jump on board with "gently caress the Angels". I'd like to apologise to y'all, I was wrong.