Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Intruder posted:

I really have no idea what the Jays saw in Fisher that made them want to give up anything at all for him, even if Sanchez's blister issues had crippled his career to that point

The only thing of note Fisher did as an Astro was pinch run for and look exactly like Brian McCann to score the game winning run in game 5

Fishers first game for the Jays where he let a fly ball hit him in the face instead of catching it set the tone pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

So are the loving Jays gonna actually get anyone or..?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Sure why not let's bring back Jeff Samardzija too.

Edwin Jackson isn’t busy if you’re looking to build a dream team

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Holy poo poo Jays did a thing

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I too have just decided that cheating is good and cool

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

LionYeti posted:

So after the whole Nolan Arenado fiasco, I have decided that the Rockies are officially Dead to Me till the Momforts sell, I am in the market for a new baseball team. Please sell me on yours. I like competitive teams with cool guys that make stuffy baseball writers mad. I am leaning Yankees because the 27 rings thing is so obnoxious it boomerangs all the way around to become endearing and Desus and Mero are awesome.

Follow your heart, embrace the Toronto Blue Jays.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Poque posted:

It is physically impossible for me to have fun watching baseball if the players are having fun.

Best part is if you go back and watch those old games guys are pimping every home run anyway lol

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I want every game to be a stupid 17 inning game

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Opening the border so Nightengale can be incredibly wrong once again

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Splint Chesthair posted:

Reorganizing all of MiLB into divisions with names like “Triple-A West” and “High-A Central” is the least-fun, most soulless thing MLB could have done, so of course they did it.

They couldn’t even be bothered to do some stunty Brandiose-style stuff like calling them the “Champions of Tomorrow League” or something even halfway resembling interesting.

I’m more amazed it wasn’t the Pepsi Presents Triple A East division tbh.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Keep the minor leagues but actually pay the minor leaguers enough to live imo

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Predicting 2 missed months with finger blisters after pitching 9.2 innings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Yeah, they’re not the best broadcasters out there for sure, but I kind of feel like they’re my goofy baseball loving uncles when I watch a game

I thought Dan and Buck were great last year