Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The Cardinals let Wong go because they didn't wanna pay him 11.5m next year :v:

Everyone on a team option is about to get released and the owners are going to cry poor :rip:

I'm quoting this because this is obviously where we are going. Every single player with a team option will be released and the extra amount of quality free agents will suppress
the market. This will enable some teams to re-sign those same players to lesser deals. Also i would make un unreasonably large bet that this year not 1 player is offered the qualifying offer before hitting free agency. Only have one rule if their salary was already within 20% of that offer i'm not counting those players.

Edit: Just to use an example.

Braves paid Ozuna something around 18 million this year, the qualifying offer is around 18 million this year. If they don't re-sign him of course they will offer him the QO.
The amount is getting high enough that combined with loss of revenues no team will ever offer it again to a player they wouldn't actually pay....in order to get a draft pick.
Those days are over and of course next CBA it will be gone anyway.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

What? This is great for the Mets. Unless i'm mistaken, suspended players do not get paid.
Incoming huge 1 year contract offer for Baur.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

go back to the longtime name of the atlanta minor league franchise

the atlanta crackers.

that would definitely go over well

Since we are doing poo poo post meme naames, has anyone mentioned the Atlanta Chokers yet?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

After the first heartbreak all the rest get easier, it's not so bad.

The NL central is legit all sorts of bad right now. Cubs your fine. Geesh, do any of you even watch baseball?
Not saying any of this is right or good for the fans. The division is full of teams under performing, losing players or making questionable decisions.
If i had to bet on a division winner right now, it might be the Cubs.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

uggy posted:

that cubs core won over 90 games 4 years in a row but not every team can be the dodgers i guess

Legit, fans pray for this run

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Wow, good trade by the Mets. i wonder if the Braves could get Jose Ramirez.
Anyhow time to change the thread title.
How about Lind or Lind don't?
It's heating up?
From way down town!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is it possible he got hit in the head with a line drive? i remember legit thinking he was cool way back in 2003. I just can't understand what happened.

Possibly many of us on this forum were online gamers back then and were completely fooled by this asshat.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Chamale posted:

Since 1900, the youngest players with an OPS+ of 150 or more after two seasons:

5. Dick Allen
4. Ted Williams
3. Stan Musial
2. Fernando Tatis Jr.
1. Mike Trout

Dick"the man" Williams Trout Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Did Desmond give up 15-17 million the last two years to not play baseball? poo poo, money isn't everything.