Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I look forward to the impending strike and I hope it destroys the league as it currently exists forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Hey is Dominican Winter Ball worth the stream cost? I miss watching baseball.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

bawfuls posted:

my friend, no!

https://twitter.com/BR_MLB/status/1321902411313606656

between the league-wide excuses to slash spending and now this, Puig may have played his last game in MLB

NOOOOOOOOoo my hope was that he tore up winter ball and got a deal :(

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is the league going to give every player the same lowball offer on the same day or did they fix their collusion algorithm and stagger them over a period of weeks?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Craptacular! posted:

Noted video room operator Mookie Betts

Dodgers fans seem determined to destroy any sympathy they get for 2017 by complaining about not winning thrice. If only people played fair with the Our_Crimes.TXT team.

Did anything ever come of this or did the league just handwave it away?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I don't know if anyone has a LIDOM subscription but a team just threw a combined no-hitter with Anthony Gose pitching relief.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

If teams are broke might I suggest they take advantage of amazing interest rates and procure a loan? Perhaps a side hustle or learning to code.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

Another 4-5 years of rebuilding for the Cubs. Amazing how the Cubs, who are probably the 3rd richest team in the league, apparently can't afford to keep veterans around and have to dump them like we're Oakland.

If the Cubs are feeling a pinch from the economy have they considered moving back in with their folks and maybe skipping the next expensive iPhone?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

bawfuls posted:

He will overrule his new GM to sign proven winners George Springer and Joc Pederson instead.

Oh my god you're right. Also this forces Shohei into pitching and loving his arm up.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/_beewilly/status/1331294144728330246

Randy Ricebowl noooooo

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That story made me wonder what Ugueth Urbina is up to and apparently he was released from prison 8 years ago. :stare:

Still developing that cutter.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

idontpoast posted:

As someone that use to work in a family services office, this stuff happens all over everyday. There is a chance that the father is a good guy, was trying to get custody of the daughter so that she could have an amazing life in america, has never been abusive, and the daughter wants to be with Randy. Since we have never heard any other reports about Randy being a giant piece of poo poo, I hope this is the case.

That being said,I will not be surprised at all if we find out when the dust settles Randy is a giant piece of poo poo wifebeater/family abuser like is way,way too common in pro sports though.

There's a non-zero chance this is just a really ugly family quarrel, you're right. After hearing about Puig's lawsuit I'm now just too pessimistic :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

bawfuls posted:

The update claims $8.3B in “combined debt” for the league this year

Love to hear the guys who have a legal monopoly lost $8B in 3 months.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Amir Garrett talking poo poo during MLB The Show was one of the best parts of the Covid shortened season.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Love to see people with a legal monopoly gently caress it all up.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

They have no GM but they're taking offers for a guy they just signed last year?

Holy poo poo.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

GalacticAcid posted:

More I think about it the more I think it could work out for both teams

That is my reaction. Both gave up something and got something in return. I like Dunning though.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

LIDOM teams have the best clubhouse celebrations

https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1339061271614853120

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The offseason will pick up as soon as all teams decide to make offers on the same day.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I hope Mejia thrives for Tampa, but I fear he's going to just rot behind another catcher and get 2 starts a week.

Also that is a fantastic return for Tampa, I wonder what the Cubs were asking for for Darvish if that netted Snell.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Need to go back to my "Everyone has been traded to the Padres" avatar.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Cubs look like the best team in the Central to me, even with Lester and Quintana gone. They should be signing a SP, not trading their best one away.

The owners all want that WWE belt for most salary dropped.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:lol: this league isn't competitive at all

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

xbilkis posted:

Harder to get a bidding war going when only three teams are actively trying to win

There are going to be a handful of articles about how baseball is dying because no one is trying to win while the other sports are doing just fine under Covid and I'm here for it.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

euphronius posted:

How many teams are actually trying to win

Yankees
Dodgers
Padres
White Sox?
Braves?

I think that is it.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Yeah there are a lot of EHH?? teams on the list who have picked up one guy or are rumored to be bidding on guys from Korea and Japan. I am skeptical of the 'we tried' this offseason in particular.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

bawfuls posted:

They had 7 guys produce either a career-best or near-career best season all at the same time. Of these top ten, Baez is the only one who hasn't seen significant decline since 2016. And their farm system produced no one on this level since then either.

Look at this Eloy and Gleyber erasure.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Sugano was excellent in the WBC. I hope any MLB team signs him.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Tigers gave Robbie Grossman $10MM to play baseball for them. :lol:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

GalacticAcid posted:

I don’t understand the derision, he’s not a terrible player or anything and it’s 10 total over 2 years?

Because it's Robbie Grossman. He's replacement level to league average at best.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Imasalmon posted:

I always had fun calling him Bob, and pretending he had a used Cadillac dealership. "Bob Grossman's Used Cadillacs" just amuses the poo poo out of me.

Yeah Bob Grossman sounds like a sitcom villain

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Harper is insanely good and most of the anger toward him is because of the media hype. MLB Network was talking about how his career eerily parallels Reggie Jackson through their first 1100 games.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Are they just going to playthrough mass outbreaks? I don't see how they do 162 unless there are a ton of 7-inning doubleheaders to make up a team not playing for 2 weeks.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Surprised Hendriks got that much considering Hand passed waivers.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

FlamingLiberal posted:

Same

It feels like only the White Sox and Padres are doing anything to improve this off-season

Yeah I want to apologize for including teams like the Yankees in my "they're trying" list from about 15 pages back.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

BALCO only happened because some tryhard down at the FBI got mad that Bonds broke the record and started looking through dumpsters.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The labor unrest is going to be brutal because the media will be 24/7 talking about how spoiled players are.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Castillo for Gleyber is totally fair.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

KDdidit posted:

So it doesn't say it was even his penis. Get to the bottom of the story Passan or Kimes.

"if you don't want me here are maybe some other penises you might be interested in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I had no clue Delmon Dogg was still playing and apparently ABL's finest hitter? What the heck.