Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I just called in to say, I think it's really awesome how the Red Sox are trying so hard to compete to be the most hated team in the sport. Last year's dropping Mookie because of being cheap greedy bastards really was something I felt a lot of the public slept on, credit was not given where deserved, but hiring Cora in the following year really puts a context on it that, you know, I think even NL fans, west coast fans, they're going to sit up and take notice.

Thanks for taking my call, Jim, I'll get off the air now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Sydin posted:

Betts won the MVP and beat the Dodgers in the WS in 2018 when the Red Sox were probably cheating.

Noted video room operator Mookie Betts

Dodgers fans seem determined to destroy any sympathy they get for 2017 by complaining about not winning thrice. If only people played fair with the Our_Crimes.TXT team.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 7, 2020

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv25_DFR2k

George Brett: here's 3 minutes of telling y'all how many times I poo poo myself. BTW, who's pitching tonight?.

Why would you post this and not the musical version

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Thanks, baseball. I can't stop chuckling at this story about how Alex Rodriguez stole an election in Florida this month.

(Spoiler: Not him.)

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

Tommy Lasorda is dead

Or as I like to put it, Vin won.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Spoeank posted:

Good riddance Sam Coonrod you poo poo head

thank u, next

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Here's my quick and steady rule on the HOF: If you've done something that gets you barred from MLB, you get barred from the HOF. What Pete Rose did got him barred from baseball, so he should be barred from the HOF. MLB didn't ban people for steroids. Even now MLB only bans after three positive tests.

And yes Barry Bonds beat his wife, but unless she doesn't want him to get into the HOF or MLB adopts a better domestic violence policy (and let's be clear THEY SHOULD), it's irrelevant. I'm not fighting that he's a lovely person, but his brand of shittiness doesn't get you banned from baseball.

EDIT: I wrote "negative tests" because I'm in a mood from other things right now.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Johnny Bravo posted:

I used to feel this way and to an extent still do but more and more I'm coming around to the idea that it's 2021 and being an exceptional rear end in a top hat of any flavor shouldn't be handwaved away. Until people like Schilling (or Bonds or whomever fits the narrative) are told gently caress off, we won't be memorializing you because your character absolutely sucks, then it'll never change. Ty Cobb was a hundred fuckin years ago nearly, how the gently caress has this taken so long for people (myself included) to say no, being a despicable piece of poo poo is not okay

It takes MLB actually taking a stand with the players of today. Broadly speaking, the culturally accepted standards for men of the 50s were awful compared to men of the 90s, and men of the 90s awful compared to today, and any multi-generational history is going to reflect some of that. Of course you have your occasional salt of the earth type like Hank Aaron (RIP) or Mike Trout who nobody will likely ever speak a bad word about because they're fine people. They're the exception, but a role model to prove that yes an ideal ballplayer can exist.

The HOF shouldn't be in the business of condoning lifestyles, it should be in the business of condoning baseball. MLB should be in the business of policing players conduct and making sure that people who are scum don't have HOF baseball careers.