Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's just a round piece of metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What was the justification for them being like that to begin with?

I'm surprised the same didn't happen at some point with the Astros and Tal's Hill or the pole

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamCaparell/status/1326216562173505539

lol called a truce with the astros in hopes they'd help him drive up his market I guess

https://twitter.com/fuzzyfromyt/status/1326215353236512769

e: For anyone who doesn't want to click through, Bauer basically says the Astros had their shame tour and it's time to move on which is fiercely at odds with how people actually feel since there were no fans in the stands to boo them this season

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 10, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well we did mention managers of the year being fired earlier, could Cash pull it off if Snell is pissed enough and tries to force it?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best long term Reds starter I can think of is like Aaron Harang

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huh, Cueto was a Red for more years than I realized

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Every time Dontrelle comes up I'm forced to confront the fact that xie was right

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We had an argument over whether or not the Yankees should have traded Cano and Wang for Dontrelle

welp I was dead wrong

e: I think this was right after Cano's rookie year and he had yet to really blow up

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 12, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What about the Tatis vote, has that come out who it was yet

e: apparently it was Tracy Ringolsby

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kim Ng was the person I wanted the Astros to hire at GM when they inexplicably went with Ed Wade instead

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Aubrey Huff is trending on twitter right now because people are dunking on him over this and I am highly amused by it

Uh oh he said Voldemort's name

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Is it just me or is the Stanton trade too high on this list at #2? The rest of the top-5 are:

1) The most infamous transaction in baseball history
3) Inner circle Hall of Famer and franchise icon (though past his peak)
4) Inner circle Hall of Famer before his peak
5) Inner circle Hall of Famer before his peak

Actually #3 is too high as well imo

https://twitter.com/nickgroke/status/1329825469642932224

quote:

Joan Kroc, wife of Padres owner Ray Kroc, said if (Ozzie) Smith needed the extra money, she’d be glad to hire him as a gardener at her mansion for $4.50 an hour.

Oooooof

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

make steroids mandatory

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

are you serious rays

they're really going to pick cash over him?

e: looking at his contract, 3 more years at $13.6m AAV would make it even more ludicrous

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

blossommirage posted:

Didn't Morton say something about never wanting to leave Tampa?

I believe he said Tampa or retirement when he left the Astros, but who knows how he feels after such a great 2019 and coming around to form in the playoffs this year

He was also fairly unlucky this year, a 4.74 ERA vs a 3.45 FIP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's a really good get for the Braves, was hoping the Astros would go after him again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol Jim Crane is going to ride this "We can't compete because the league punished us" thing all the way to the moon

https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1331101752985329665

At least I'll get to see some fanbase or another do backflips to justify why he totally rules now that he's on their team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

The Astros plan to avoid consequences by dispersing the cheating players across the league is going to work wonders

Dusty doesn't deserve this. Hopefully he can go elsewhere or just retire

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wtf randy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Unless the report is exactly wrong it's pretty damning to have neighbors block you in so you can't escape with your intended kidnapping victim

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Give me one 2021 Bartolo dinger please

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In addition to looking like a terrible salad, overnight is not 24 hours

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Crick going full hold me back bro on Puig while dipping out as best he can was fantastic

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Several guys tried to gently hold Puig back only to be violently thrown off and they suddenly realized oh poo poo this is the real thing and had to swarm him

All while Puig was technically no longer a Red

It still lacks the majesty of the Puig vs the entire Pirates team moment though

e: Garrett is still the best part though, telling his pitching coach to get someone up because he's gonna go fight

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 3, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nothing quite like having a little bit of knowledge to make yourself look very dumb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Johnny Bravo posted:

Remember Dick Allen the next time some clown says Curt Schilling should be in the hall of fame

gently caress Schilling and I laugh every time he doesn't get in but he has a 21 bWAR advantage on Allen

Or do you mean that guys should get in on their play no matter what people might think of them?

e: After a moment of reflection it's probably the second thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

elentar posted:

That seems like a good hire. Ugh the days of :mets: may be nearing an end, even if they wilt remain close to our hearts forever.

I'll believe it when I see it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If they do Cleveland Spiders I'm absolutely buying a cap

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheFlyingLlama posted:

this is not mets style incompetence, this is intentional. They want the good PR of changing the name, while also getting all the money from the pro-indians fans who will (hopefully, in the teams mind) spend even more money on merch this season knowing that it's going away. Then, once they actually change the name they get all the money from the non-shithead fans who are happy to buy new, not racist merch.

this is money grubbing to a serious level

yeah it's this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Atlanta Traffic Jams

They can even keep the chant from the chop but replace the hand motion with the middle finger

"ooooooh oh oh loving drive ohhhhh loving merge"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Braves ever do change their name it needs to be a bird team. The city's other two teams are already bird teams anyway and the world could always use more of them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good job making the rational choice

Hope your dad's friends make a recovery

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People got really, really mad about this so I doubt crackers would go over well and shows that even with the point staring them in the face some people just don't care

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like the part where Bauer becomes a chemist to create the best sticky substance for increasing his spin rate

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The ball stuck to the chest protector was incredibly good and a hilarious way to inadvertently out your own pitcher for using banned substances

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1339393780412153856

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What happens when Hendricks reaches Jared Weaver levels of velocity?

R.D. Mangles posted:

looking forward to this guy racking up HOLDS

Back when I was super into fantasy baseball I was in a couple leagues where holds were tracked and oh my god the dumpster diving on bullpen arms I did

e: gently caress, it's Jered not Jared

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 17, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Didn't Jose have a pretty public breakdown after a breakup a few years ago? Google only shows me stuff about Logan Paul and Josie Canseco

e: Oh adding arrested to the search term brought up that he beat up his second wife

So maybe steer clear

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Screenshot incriminating tweets, people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all suck leagues were super fun and my mvp was glendon rusch