Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

"Walking Schwindel, smart move."

Repeat 29 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Looking forward to being out of the Chicago sports media spotlight for about 45 minutes until we do something dumb like non-tender Javy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

bawfuls posted:

edit: they were about to go with AJ Hinch until Jerry overruled them :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

https://twitter.com/GabeNotDave/status/1321903108604264448

My god lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Adjust the 2021 schedule so the Dodgers home opener is against the Astros imo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Seriously for the love of gently caress make posting aubrey huff probateable

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

MLB C/V Offseason: A Hall Of Famer Baseball Person

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

lmfao what the hell

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

How is John Jaso's boat trip around the world going?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

lol my day just got weird

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Still laughing at Kaplan calling it an EXCLUSIVE. That guy is such a hack

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I heard you say "holy poo poo" in the other room and when I asked what it was, you said "I can't tell you." :mad:

The email was like "later today, I will be announcing..." and then it was announced like a minute later lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Yelich can't be a top 5 bad trade now that he sucks poo poo ever since Yu called out his cheating rear end

gently caress Yelich

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

god HOF voters are the absolute pinnacle of the most pointless piece of lovely power corrupting the most fragile morons

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Scott Harris needs his Guy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Bartolo deniers are cops

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

He got a win cuz of that other dude's grand slam, too!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

MLB is surveying all employees across the league about baseball so I will make sure to tell them that everybody wants Universal DH and that the Astros should be removed from the league

edit: lol the first option for "If you could recommend one change to make the game of baseball more appealing, what would it be?" is "Faster Paced." Manfred will not be denied

Poque fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 2, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

there's literally a quiz at the end to name players based on their faces and tbh I feel like it's more productive if I get these wrong

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I told Manfred to his face that they should remove World Series home-field determination from the all-star game and it took about a year so I assume the results of my recent poll will be in place for 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

Seeing LaTroy Hawkins on there reminds me does anyone have an archive of all the Gendo comics?

I just have a few saved.

Also LaTroy Hawkins has confirmed seen his.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

blossommirage posted:

God, I already miss the annoying fox sports music. I hate the off-season.

The only good thing about the Cubs moving to Marquee is I never have to hear that loving comcast sports net jingle ever again

The bad thing is that I can't watch the Cubs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

elentar posted:

That seems like a good hire. Ugh the days of :mets: may be nearing an end, even if they wilt remain close to our hearts forever.

The days of :mets: will never end.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Trying to figure out why the owners are taking this stance, and all I can think is that they want a shorter season as an excuse to cut salaries again, since they know they can't fully open to fans at the start. All of a sudden the owners care deeply about public health and player safety? Yeah right.

Guessing they will try and "compromise" by delaying the start of the regular season but pushing it through October, then doing another neutral-site playoffs so they can play later in the year

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

lol all the statkeeping before like 1940 is spotty and nobody cares. This is great. Really want to make it to the museum in KC someday

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Explosionface posted:

I'm going to use this as an extra reason to have some good bbq in KC while staying overnight after my son's visit to Children's Mercy.

Hope your kid is alright. The Negro League museum is also in KC and I hear it's GREAT if you can make it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

seems like a lot of no-hitters to me

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I can't handle "Offsason" in the thread title anymore. mods please

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I'm fine with a tank rebuild if it overlaps with a Reds run (excluding Bauer)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

bawfuls posted:

hot take: The 2016 Cubs championship was the result of an incredible confluence of good fortune and that core was never as long-term robust as people thought

Here are the top 10 2016 Cubs by bWAR that year:

They had 7 guys produce either a career-best or near-career best season all at the same time. Of these top ten, Baez is the only one who hasn't seen significant decline since 2016. And their farm system produced no one on this level since then either.

Yeah at face value I'm kind of annoyed, but glancing at our recently-non-tendered large beef boy who wasted his peak value, I don't actually mind selling two guys on an upswing at this point

Poque fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 30, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

^^^ hissssss ^^^

That's a beautiful hunk of metal.

For real though it's easy to be mad at the Cubs beginning a tank, but I think it will be a quick tank and not a franchise tank like the Pirates. Money is hosed up. And like somebody else said, in a vacuum 2015-19 were great and anybody would have asked for them during the previous tank.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Escalator resets after just one year below CBT. Not to say that they're gonna exceed in 2022 or anything, but if there are free agent opportunities available then or 2023 that can lead into a surge of young players, they'll do it

I'm actually pretty sad about Caratini, I follow a lot of Cub instagrams and he was ALWAYS present in peoples' stories (in the Before Times). I got the sense he was a real popular locker room guy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

cackling that the writers are so up their own butts that they're going to have an empty HOF class and be insufferable about it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Popete posted:

Do people care about baseball bats? I have a ton of bats around the house and I need to go through them and see what I got so I can finally build a rack to keep them organized. I figure I could snap some pics and talk about the different bats I own and baseball bats in general if people care to read about that stuff. If anything maybe it'll remind myself of what I already have so I stop buying new bats, seriously it's getting ridiculous.

Please make this post

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Cleveland is just prepping to fully embrace their upcoming Spiders nickname

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

rest in piss rear end in a top hat

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

the Dodgers statement continuing Lasodra's strong legacy of erasing his son is :discourse:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

His gay son died of AIDS and he continued to insist that it was cancer until his death.

https://www.outsports.com/2020/11/16/21569490/tommy-lasorda-gay-son-tom-junior-aids-dodgers-mlb-spunky

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Lol 10 million. Good for Kyle but...nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Beltre's career is even more insane when you consider that his age 26-30 years were in the baseball wasteland of Safeco.