Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

He can be last up against the wall I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

more falafel please posted:

St. Paul was in the independent American Association, and I don't think they typically sign players to multi-year deals, so they're probably just done

That's kinda sad. I still fondly recall we did a corporate outing to see a SP Saints game and we all got blasted at the game and surrounding breweries.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Pussy Boss posted:

Here's the 43 minor league teams who are no longer affiliated with MLB: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/12/09/mlb-announces-minor-league-affiliate-invites-some-teams-miss-cut/3805929001/ (Some of them will join one of the new indy leagues)

Aww the Lowell Spinners. :(

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sydin posted:

The Cubs have officially broken PECOTA, they're so goddamn middling and full of guys who are a coinflip between good or terrible that PECOTA couldn't even project a proper confidence interval for them. It's more like a confidence... mesa?

I don't know what math/logic goes into those distributions but that could be a bimodal distribution which could be case if a single decision point had an outsized effect. Like, you could imagine the Angels having something like that if Mike Trout was currently being checked for an ACL injury. One distribution would be "tests are negative" and one would be "tests are positive". Since Mike Trout is worth like 8-10 wins, summing them up would give you a double-peaked histogram like that.

But there's no way to know which one is real until you check out that ACL.

Schroedinger's Trout.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I assumed poop love was a compound verb there and am glad I am mistaken.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Can we just lean back and take in the narcissism of a man named Jose naming his daughter Josie.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So is there any reason to think the Red Sox will be better than last year? I guess they got Sale back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The monacle popping emote yankee fans used for him a decade ago was more apt than we knew.