Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
glad to see the Mets toxic ownership about to be replaced by a hopefully-not-quite-as-toxic one

all of our FAs are gone with the possible exception of Stroman

I think they'll buy Ramos out for $1.5M rather than giving him $10M for his age-34 season, and I assume Betances is going to invoke his player option for $6.8M rather than test the market

we really, really need pitching so I'd expect Cohen to make a strong effort towards retaining Stroman and probably also go after a high-upside FA like Walker or Paxton (please not Bauer though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lol at believing the Mets don't already have the best pitcher in the league

Bauer is at best like #4 and yes the reason I don't want him is cause he's a toxic rear end in a top hat and I don't want to have to support people like that

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
deGrom was better than Bauer in every way that's not based on a .215 BABIP

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
dismissing Bauer as just a chud is to ignore his rampant misogyny and love for harassing random women on Twitter

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

yeah can't believe we're pleased to get rid of our penny-pinching owners who everybody in the organisation loving hates

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Intruder posted:

Lindor is 26

he's also a FA in 2022 so unless they're convinced they can sign him to an extension I can see why a lot of teams might not want to go there

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
saying "I know no-one wants to see this but I'm posting it anyway" just makes you sound like a tremendous rear end in a top hat

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Intruder posted:

I'm sorry but if you can't enjoy someone in the throes of maximum cope saying Qanon was actually a dem conspiracy I don't even know what to say

you realise it's not actually up to you to decide what other people like, right

there are multiple people who don't want Huff and his fascist propaganda ITT, deciding that actually you know better than them is the kind of thing a massive shithead would do

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

er excuse me have you tried just not reading it??

relax bro

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

come back to the Mets Stro :(

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
gently caress yeah Stro

another starter and some bullpen help and I might start to feel optimistic about next year

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can't say I'm delighted at the prospect of giving a 2-year deal to a 38-year-old glove-only catcher

I'd much rather we manage to sign Realmuto or swing a trade for Contreras

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chamale posted:

This year's OOTP draft had a few people playing to win, and a few people who clearly were not. It's going to be an entertaining season.

Alex is going to loving walk this

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
all billionaires are terrible by definition but I'd rather have a terrible billionaire owner who wants to spend money on the team than a terrible billionaire owner who doesn't

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
do steroids not make you faster? I expect that's the advantage a guy like Dee was looking for

(I'm not an expert but the fact that pretty much every Olympic sprinter bar Bolt has popped seems to indicate they give some advantage)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
batting helmet decals look ridiculous but also there is 0 chance I will ever own a batting helmet so I'd prefer they went with those rather than sleeve patches

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Jon Rauch was 6'10" and absolutely terrible and not even very fast so height alone isn't enough

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Poque posted:

MLB is surveying all employees across the league about baseball so I will make sure to tell them that everybody wants Universal DH and that the Astros should be removed from the league

I will accept A) if it means we also get B)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sydin posted:

The Schwarber non-tender is dumb as poo poo. Yeah he sucked massively this year but the same can be said for a ton of other hitters and outside of this year he has been a career 2-3 WAR guy. Where the gently caress are the Cubs going to find that on the market for $7-8M outside of insane luck?

his career high in WAR is 2.1

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I don't know how Fangraphs are doing their math but they have him as positive WAR for this last season so I'm taking their numbers with a few pounds of salt

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Which Red pitcher was the one that tried to fight the entire Pirates bench

Amir Garrett

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Mets signed Trevor May who seems like a pretty decent bullpen arm, 140 ERA+ over the last 3 seasons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
you know for absolute sure he's one of those "legal name fraud" morons too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's probably because they're taking offers for a guy they signed last year (amongst other issues) that they don't have a GM

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chamale posted:

Best ERA in baseball over the past four years: Jacob deGrom, 2.52 ERA.
Mets record in deGrom's starts, past four years: 53-54

deGrom's career against the Braves: 23G, 1.94 ERA, 0.553 OOPS and he's 8-7 against them

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's not a terrible move if McCann's White Sox numbers are legit, $10M for ~3 WAR a season is pretty decent from a catcher

but I really don't understand doing this before Realmuto has signed, unless the rumors are that Realmuto is going to get so much that a) he's out of the Mets' price range and b) he's going to force up the price of every other catcher too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I definitely wouldn't want to be giving a 5-year contract to a 32-year-old with a career 102 OPS+

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so the new name won't be used in 2021 and they're not using something like "Cleveland Baseball Team" so Cleveland is just going to continue using the same name while openly acknowledging that it's unacceptable?

this is :mets:-level of running an organisation

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"no but we'll give the profits from sales to charity, don't ask why our production costs have suddenly gone up 1000%"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
are they going to be the Clevland Indins now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the real question is how much money the Cubs will be sending

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who does have the slowest fastball velocity

this article says it's Tommy Milone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

If you are the Phillies would you try and get Contreras over signing Real Muto ?

Realmuto is a much better catcher and giving up cash is a lot easier than giving up prospects so I can't see them trading for Contreras before Realmuto signs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Mets have given out 2 of the 4 biggest FA contracts so far so I think it's fair to say they're trying to win

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rowdiness Above Replacement

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

put him in after he's dead

agreed

this year, if possible

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
what's the record for most walks in the first inning? I just had Zach Davies walk 6 of my guys in the first in an OOTP game

he went BB-BB-DP-BB-BB-BB-BB-K (on a borderline 3-2 pitch)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
whaaaaaaat

I am loving hyped about this trade, Lindor is probably the 2nd best SS in baseball and Carrasco is really good too

like davecrazy says we kept waiting for Rosario to break out and as yet he hasn't, he may well do so now in Cleveland but yeah giving him up strongly suggests we're trying to sign Lindor longterm and getting a 27 year old superstar SS for 5+ years is a killer loving move

we're still probably not quite favorites for the division over Atlanta but we definitely should make the postseason (especially if it's the bullshit expanded system again) and then who loving knows

:woop:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Giménez looked pretty good in his cup of coffee last season but his ceiling is quite a bit lower than Lindor imo

I'm all in favor of trading a shortstop who might be really good in the future for one who's fantastic right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
kind of a shame Cano is suspended for this season cause otherwise we'd have the smiliest middle infield in the league