Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

this rear end in a top hat is getting rightfully dragged in the replies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Popete posted:

Just please no more 3 person booths, they're universally terrible.

Gary, Keith and Ron are very disappointed in you

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
e: ^some of my favourite bits of cricket fielding are run-outs - think a ground-ball play where a 3B or SS has to barehand the ball, except instead of having a big first baseman with a glove to aim at they've got a piece of wood less than 2 inches thick

the only semi-complicated cricket rule that's actually necessary in high-level games is LBW and even that's not really any harder to understand than the infield fly rule

all the other stuff is a holdover from the early days of the game and basically only ever gets used in village games where a team might (for example) have a tree in the field of play

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 18, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

already gone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

yeah I'm OK with this, I'd much rather go for someone with upside as the 5th starter than blow $40M on Bauer to be the #2

a rotation of deGrom/Carrasco/Syndergaard/Stroman/Walker could be incredible

e: Yamamoto and Lucchesi will probably get starts as well until Syndergaaard's back/to manage Walker's workload

honestly I'm beginning to get real excited about this team

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
generally before this offseason a lot of teams were hesitant to go to the actual hearing - there's one team (I think the Giants?) that went quite a few years without doing so

standing up in front of a panel and explaining why your good young player actually isn't as good as they think is a good way to piss them off and is usually not worth doing just to save what is usually less than a million

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
huh that's not what I figured at all

all the arb decisions seem to have come out recently, that's probably what made me thought that

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
isn't Ke'Bryan Hayes, literally the only actual good player the Pirates have, a 3B? I don't know why they'd want Frazier unless they're going to put him at first and literally everyone with an OPS over 100 has refused to sign for them

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
man that tweet about how the Dodgers FO really did their homework is really aging well, huh

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Felix looks like he should be holding a newspaper with today's date rather than a baseball

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
he hasn't even played a game for us yet and I'm still going to be super sad if we don't extend him

e: pretty sure he's the first Met I've ever bought a jersey for before they played a game (bear in mind my fandom only goes back to 2006 or so)

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 25, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Goddammit Tito.

Actually, you know what? I'm done. No more rooting for Cleveland. This is the last loving straw.

I'm a free agent, sell me on your squad, unless you're Boston, NYY, or Toronto.

remember the best player on your team for the last 5 years? come join him where he is now

e: actually bear in mind that all this poo poo around Callaway happened before the Mets hired him so unless you're really convinced by the change of ownership/FO you might want to steer clear

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there are many words I'd associate with the Pirates but "respected" isn't one of them

if you want a young, fun, good team Padres or Jays are both good choices, White Sox too if you can ignore the managership of one Anthony La Russa

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shiroc posted:

Is the new Mets FO as evil as the previous one? They were my fallback after I abandoned Cleveland. I know they hired the poo poo GM but then dumped his rear end immediately when things came out publicly. I assume Cohen is evil in same ways as anyone that rich has to be.

e: The Padres are already my West Coast team since the Mariners threw themselves into the poo poo too.

Sandy Alderson seems to be pretty much universally respected and he's unquestionably a much better GM than Brodie Van Wagenen was

Cohen is a hedge-fund dickhead but at least he seems to want the team to win, which alone makes him better than probably half the ownership groups in MLB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

I had some ST on as background noise and I think they said they're deadening it, but using last year's balls through ST.

Mods change my name to last year's balls, tia

thanks to the pandemic a lot of us are still using last year's balls tbh