Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

Dogs always gently caress up the conversions between dog years and human years.

Danger is a super anxious cat who used to be very picky about being touched, but she's getting a lot calmer and even starting to enjoy snuggles some. Here she is earlier today on my lap.

Holy crap, Danger is that cat's first name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Ruby update!

RUBY IS AN IMPOSTOR

Claim: Ruby is 8 month old
Reality: The veterinary evidence suggests Ruby is 2-3 years old.

Claim: Ruby is a dog
Reality: After the twentieth time she jumped on my laptop keyboard, I am convinced she is part cat.

Claim: No really, Ruby is a dog
Reality: Bloodwork shows she has severe kidney problems. The current guess (still pending more testing) is that she has 3 to 36 months to live. The vet mentioned in passing that this sort of thing is very common with cats.

Anyway. We were looking at, like, 10- to 13-year-old dogs, and it seems now like we got one. We're now applying ringworm treatments, feeding her a kidney diet (this basically means the dog has to eat ALL THE TIME, it's like winning the dog lottery), and we're back to having a pill box for the dog, like we did for our 15-year-old dogs last year. We also get to start doing saline injections to try to get more fluid into her kidneys. And we now understand why she needs to pee 16 times a day.

She's playful when not sleeping, and loves walks, and is the cuddliest animal we have ever had, so it's all good. We're sad we don't get her for longer, but we'll all have a good time while she's around. Bonus: she fits into a large purse, so she'll go with us everywhere.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Ruby update!

RUBY IS AN IMPOSTOR

Claim: Ruby is 8 month old
Reality: The veterinary evidence suggests Ruby is 2-3 years old.

Claim: Ruby is a dog
Reality: After the twentieth time she jumped on my laptop keyboard, I am convinced she is part cat.

Claim: No really, Ruby is a dog
Reality: Bloodwork shows she has severe kidney problems. The current guess (still pending more testing) is that she has 3 to 36 months to live. The vet mentioned in passing that this sort of thing is very common with cats.

Anyway. We were looking at, like, 10- to 13-year-old dogs, and it seems now like we got one. We're now applying ringworm treatments, feeding her a kidney diet (this basically means the dog has to eat ALL THE TIME, it's like winning the dog lottery), and we're back to having a pill box for the dog, like we did for our 15-year-old dogs last year. We also get to start doing saline injections to try to get more fluid into her kidneys. And we now understand why she needs to pee 16 times a day.

She's playful when not sleeping, and loves walks, and is the cuddliest animal we have ever had, so it's all good. We're sad we don't get her for longer, but we'll all have a good time while she's around. Bonus: she fits into a large purse, so she'll go with us everywhere.

God drat it. :(

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

cruft

xcheopis posted:

God drat it. :(

I look at it this way: this dog was living probably in a trash heap on the edge of Juárez. She is *tiny*: 8.5 pounds. She was probably not getting much to eat, had to fend of much larger dogs, and her inability to regulate heat well meant she was shivering most nights.

When the rescue picked her up, every subsequent move was an improvement for her. She got immunized, sterilized, fed, brought indoors. Then she moved again, caught ringworm on the way, but now she gets to live out the rest of her days in someone's lap, with an all-you-can-eat buffet, and her own carpeted dog perch from which she can yell at kids to get off her lawn.

The only real bummer about it is that we thought we were getting a healthy puppy, so her adoption fee was way more than it should have been, and she's going to cost a whole lot more per year than we figured.

cruft fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 26, 2021

biosterous

https://streamable.com/cq2ky4

(cornell bird feeder lab livestream)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

biosterous posted:

Poor thing, had that all lined up perfectly, but there was some weird forcefield in the way.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Please be quiet, Goose is sleeping!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I have bad news. That's a duck not a goose

cruft

prepuce repurposed posted:

:captainpop:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Wtf :mods: this is a felony, Goose is actually a small human child

GATOS Y VATOS

Goose appears to be a fuzzbutt, same as my nerds Lulu and Rokit.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Dog!
Where?
No, I mean goose!
What?
Duck!
*Gets hit in face by flying goose*

Areola Grande

scooter

cruft

Do not mess with this cat.

GATOS Y VATOS

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I look at it this way: this dog was living probably in a trash heap on the edge of Juárez. She is *tiny*: 8.5 pounds. She was probably not getting much to eat, had to fend of much larger dogs, and her inability to regulate heat well meant she was shivering most nights.

When the rescue picked her up, every subsequent move was an improvement for her. She got immunized, sterilized, fed, brought indoors. Then she moved again, caught ringworm on the way, but now she gets to live out the rest of her days in someone's lap, with an all-you-can-eat buffet, and her own carpeted dog perch from which she can yell at kids to get off her lawn.

The only real bummer about it is that we thought we were getting a healthy puppy, so her adoption fee was way more than it should have been, and she's going to cost a whole lot more per year than we figured.

She'll need extra snacks and skritches!

Teddy Thunders posted:

Please be quiet, Goose is sleeping!
Goose is good!

Spoiled.

Gramps

This fuckin guy. He loves it when you rub his stumpy ear. He just lays there and grunts for like 45 minutes and then falls asleep and drools all over the arm of the couch.

xcheopis

Gramps posted:

This fuckin guy. He loves it when you rub his stumpy ear. He just lays there and grunts for like 45 minutes and then falls asleep and drools all over the arm of the couch.

My Smudge was eventually won over by that exact technique. :)

biosterous

intriguing! enhance!

ENHANCE!

excellent

gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

LOL

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

intriguing! enhance!

ENHANCE!

excellent

Pictured: A happy and contented small beast who knows that she is loved.

GATOS Y VATOS

Boy howdy do I love cats

and dogs

and all animals.

Thank you all for sharing your pets with all the rest of us. It really helps a lot when I'm feeling down. :unsmith:

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Boy howdy do I love cats

and dogs

and all animals.

Thank you all for sharing your pets with all the rest of us. It really helps a lot when I'm feeling down. :unsmith:

"The boy responds to catnip" and "FIGHT ME YOU HUGE BASTARD" had me giggling all day.

ChubbyChecker

biosterous posted:

lol owned

Areola Grande

Bosco has a new neighbor buddy named Roo

Areola Grande

Roo is a chubby but dependable "miniature" dachshund

biosterous

was looking at kira's medical records that we got, and it contains: "Heart: Unable to assess due to purring"

:3:

gallery of sigs

he/him

RickRogers

I would love to post pics of our new-ish guinea pigs but they are terrified of me and hide in their log house most of the time.
They are called Louise, Loo-Loo and Lee, but anything else about them is a mystery.

cruft

RickRogers posted:

I would love to post pics of our new-ish guinea pigs but they are terrified of me and hide in their log house most of the time.
They are called Louise, Loo-Loo and Lee, but anything else about them is a mystery.

Guinea pigs are awesome.

Do you have an old cell phone you could put Alfred on to make a pig-cam?

biosterous

gallery of sigs

he/him

RickRogers

cruft posted:

Guinea pigs are awesome.

Do you have an old cell phone you could put Alfred on to make a pig-cam?

Woah, good idea. Gonna go full spring watch on them pigs.

cardinale

lovely cat

GATOS Y VATOS

ChubbyChecker

smooth kitty

GATOS Y VATOS

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

https://twitter.com/yanaithi/status/1285920902828326912?s=21

RickRogers

Evening ritual with Merlin:

Brings me dead mouse/runs away with dead mouse when I make the dreaded "psssshh" noise.
Comes back later for his new healthy kidney meat and crunchy things.
Sits on me and purrrrrr.
Wakes me up at 3-4 in the morning to go out and pee.
Thanks Merlin.

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hello here is Stevie (f) :)

(named after Stevie Nicks)

cruft

Hi Stevie, nice lookin' chin you got there.

ChubbyChecker

RickRogers posted:

Evening ritual with Merlin:

Brings me dead mouse/runs away with dead mouse when I make the dreaded "psssshh" noise.
Comes back later for his new healthy kidney meat and crunchy things.
Sits on me and purrrrrr.
Wakes me up at 3-4 in the morning to go out and pee.
Thanks Merlin.

oliwan posted:

Hello here is Stevie (f) :)

(named after Stevie Nicks)

good kitties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

My word, look at all these beautiful pets!