Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound

Meet Scoops:
https://i.imgur.com/wCYtW7B.mp4

and Poppy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound

Those are 2 different kinds of birds that like to come visit the house. The small peeps are from rainbow lorikeets, they're real pretty and noisy.

The other song is from a Currawong

They're very handsome and I believe have the prettiest song of any bird! I made this recording of a huge flock of them we walked past:
https://lm.las.com.au/downloads/Currawongs.mp3

These guys also like to visit the house, they're Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and very loud

Megabound

Nice! Australian birds are all kinds of lovely. We also get magpies, crows, noisy minors, blue faced honey eaters, kookaburras, bush stone curlews and have a tawny frogmouth that lives close by.

Black cockatoos would be amazing but I've only ever seen one in the wild.

Speaking of Tawnys I saw one yesterday while out taking photos.

Megabound

Bird crew would be dope. I don't use any zoom lenses or anything but have managed to capture some cool friends on film with wholly inappropriate cameras from time to time.

Megabound

Lulu and Rockit both look like lovely cats and I wish them the best of health.

Here's a photo of Scoops where you can see how big he is.

Megabound

I'll check in with him and see what he has to say this afteroon.

Megabound

We have a secret 3rd pet that is this possum that has been sneaking into our room and eating the cat food for we don't know how long. The cats are completely chill with it, and they just walk past each other like it ain't no thing.

My wife is now researching possum boxes for them and we're coming up with a name. Very polite possum.

Megabound

My cats continue to get along

Megabound

Small cat has not been to the vet, not super interested in interacting yet. Just pops in for a feed and leaves again. I have named it Lotsum, cause it's a lot of possum.

Megabound

Scoops being photogenic this morning

Megabound

Heidi is beautiful, thank you for rescuing that lovely lady.

Megabound

Sewing a patch with a cat on my lap

Megabound

biosterous posted:

do a stitch, do a scritch, do a stitch, do a scritch

It is v important not to get these mixed up. You never want to stitch a scritch

Megabound

I am being held hostage by this furry butt head who refuses to get out from under my legs and let me get a drink.

Megabound

Scoops takes up a lot of lap

Megabound

Another night, another lap cat. It's Pop pop's time to shine

Megabound

Sounds like Charlie lived a really good life. That's the best thing we can give them.

Going to give Scoops and Pop extra big cuddles this evening.

Megabound

City of Glompton posted:

i'm sorry about Charlie :sympathy:

i hope it is not too soon to post but look who has blossomed into a cat:

she pressed enough keys to require a restart

also she left some toy mice on the foot of the bed for me this morning as a present. she has never shown interest in the toys before so that was a really big deal to me :3:

we also have a bedtime routine now. she insists i come to bed when she is ready for bed, and once i'm there, she spends 10-15 mins purring and kneading on me.

I love kitty bed routines. Both of mine will meow at you to let you know they're ready for bed. Pop will then lie on you, purr loudly and demand pats. Scoops will expect you to tent your knees under the blanket so he can sleep under your legs.

Megabound

My boy fell asleep in my lap while holding my hand. I'm in heaven.

Megabound

City of Glompton posted:

they had a Heidi encounter today and they were alarmed. they were so scared a few of them hopped on my back, since i had knelt down to help facilitate cat/chicken introductions. ah well maybe they can be friends later

https://i.imgur.com/U3B5NmI.mp4

Wishing for speedy friend making so we can get maximum cat/chicken cuddle potential.

Megabound

Hi Heidi, looking good!

Megabound

On my lap

On my right

Megabound

It's been lovely posting with you all :patriot:

Megabound

My partner is the green thumb but says all those are correct. We have over 50 plants in the apartment. For your pleasure

Plants are just very still pets.

Megabound

prepuce repurposed posted:

it would be 90% weed

And that would be OK

Megabound

If there is no thread by the time I get home I will make one and post lots of photos of our plants. If it is made before that I will still post lots of photos of our plants. You have been warned.

Megabound

rear end-penny posted:

megabound should touch the cats for us, imo

https://i.imgur.com/VzHGWme.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/OXNm4bX.gifv

Megabound

Those little peeps and trills are the cutest!

Megabound

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is Oz again and he is extremely cuddly and you can pet him vicariously by watching this video. Also if you turn the volume up real loud he will purr.

He likes to cry and fuss when he doesn't get enough cuddle time, for example every night around 8pm he wants me to lay down on my bed so he can cuddle with my arm like seen in the video and in this pic

I have never had a cat as cuddly and affectionate as him and even though he wants more attention than I can realistically ever give him which stresses me out sometimes i love him :3:

What a cutie, my Pop has started doing this and it's the best thing in the world. I could live my entire life as cat furniture.

Megabound

Hi Reggie, those are some great purrs!

Megabound

I'm going through some old photos of our last housemates' cat and remembering what a silly creature Pingu is.

Megabound

Good mum right there

Megabound

Happy birthday to all the good pets! (That's all of them)

Poppy is being majestic of late

Megabound

xcheopis posted:

"Of late"?!? I resent this implication that Poppy is just now being majestic. >:c

She went straight from "being majestic" to her natural "getting stuck in the sleeve of a jumper"

Megabound

Tip top Luke right there

Megabound

The Poppy mines are paying off!

Megabound

Gramps posted:

Mr Biscuits is a pretty pretty princess. I'll have to get some video of him flipping out in his kitty tunnel sometime for y'all. You'd think he was a kitten watching him play but he's gotta be like 6 or so at this point

What an absolute stunner. I want to befriend this handsome devil.

Megabound

City of Glompton posted:

which reggie are you?

8, it's been chilly of late.

Megabound

Poppy gotta clean them feets

https://i.imgur.com/poFJT60.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound

Excellent kitties. Mr Biscuits needs some AC stat