Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Nice pets, here's me pet:

He's a street cat called Merlin, no idea if he has a type or something, good stripes though.

Just turned up one day, wouldn't leave, and after asking around concluded he had just been left behind by previous owners and had been living in an old caravan since.

Crimes: real dirty street-crimes, like pooping in neighbours tomato grow-bags and killing of all local mice.
Will tolerate no competition and he defends his territory pretty brutally, but has a dame called Molly that he lets get close.
Somehow rips off all collars we or the vetinarian put on him, I have just given up, how??? We did chip the sucker last year though, haha!

Surprisingly is very good and tolerant towards children, likes to sit in boxes, waiting for something I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers

xcheopis posted:

Fantastic cat, awesome backstory!
My Smudge was also an abandoned cat who adopted me by following me home and refusing to leave. Highly effective.

It's like Pokémon but they actually want to come with you!
Does your Smudge also hunt like crazy, if he's allowed out? I assume(d) it's a street cat thing, because I have never met a cat that hunts as much and successfully as Merlin.

Luckily he leaves burds and our Guinea pigs alone, but even in December he is still at it.
He also needs a tooth out soon, so hoping that goes well.

RickRogers

xcheopis posted:

He did! And eventually had to have most of his teeth removed! (Smudge died in 2017, though)

:ohdear:

Hoping it will stay at just the one tooth; right now I'm mostly worried about people in the neighborhood putting down rat poison and him getting effected, if that's possible, I really don't know. But I also can't keep him locked up and unable to do his thing.

That is one greasy pup, I have a feeling he is hard to catch

RickRogers

Sully has a smirk on his lips and a glint in his eye. Would go on adventure with this cat

RickRogers

xcheopis posted:

Cool pet! Do turtles care much about being solitary? How much space is too much or too little?

*xcheopsis strains under the weight of a hundred turtles they got on a deal at the turtle-store*

RickRogers

A cool cat interrupted doing cat things. "Yes?". Says this cat.

RickRogers

I miss having a dog, will have to search for "chill dogs needing home" and see what comes up

RickRogers

xcheopis posted:

:sigh:
Today I threw out Tanuki's favourite cardboard scratcher. My plan for today is to stay in bed and cry a lot.

Ah poo poo; sending warm feelings and hoping you have the time you need.

RickRogers

"Yeah I peed on your clothes; what you going to do?"

RickRogers

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

If you don't have it already, purchase Nature's Miracle Laundry Boost to add to the detergent when you wash your clothes. It will destroy the enzimes in cat urine and actually get the scent out of those clothes.

You are a good person; I'll see if it's available where I am.

I can't be mad at him, he's got a chronic kidney problem, so drinks and pees a heck of a lot more at the moment. But he does love to pee everywhere except his box.

Hoping his new special high fat, low protein diet and medicine helps.
Anyone got experience with this?

cruft posted:

She's became very comfortable here. Engaging her in play was awkward, I had to basically force her onto her back and then jam my hand in her mouth. But she got the message pretty quickly and it made a huge difference.

Now she's regularly spazzing out like this, exposing her belly. That means she no longer years we'll eviscerate her, which is good.

Good doggins

RickRogers

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Cat whisperers:
This cat has been hangin around my yard. If I crouch down it runs over to me with its tail up and bonks me with its head and rubs against my hand a little (pictured below)

Then it goes and sits a few feet away (pictured)

what the heck does it want??? seems healthy and happy enough, but I have no idea if it is a stray or just someone's outside cat. It sort of acts like it wants to follow me when I go back inside? No collar or anything

I am no cat whisperer but that's exactly how our stray Merlin came to us.

Oooor it's some kind of person trapped in a cat body and they need help????

RickRogers

Dogs probably really embarrassed now getting caught out lying about their age

RickRogers

prepuce repurposed posted:

I have bad news. That's a duck not a goose

Dog!
Where?
No, I mean goose!
What?
Duck!
*Gets hit in face by flying goose*

RickRogers

I would love to post pics of our new-ish guinea pigs but they are terrified of me and hide in their log house most of the time.
They are called Louise, Loo-Loo and Lee, but anything else about them is a mystery.

RickRogers

cruft posted:

Guinea pigs are awesome.

Do you have an old cell phone you could put Alfred on to make a pig-cam?

Woah, good idea. Gonna go full spring watch on them pigs.

RickRogers

Evening ritual with Merlin:

Brings me dead mouse/runs away with dead mouse when I make the dreaded "psssshh" noise.
Comes back later for his new healthy kidney meat and crunchy things.
Sits on me and purrrrrr.
Wakes me up at 3-4 in the morning to go out and pee.
Thanks Merlin.

RickRogers

biosterous posted:

cat how do you even handle being this cute, how do you manage this???

Prrrrrrrraxtice

I wrastled one of the pigs out of her hidey log.

RickRogers

I thought I didn't care much for small pets, and couldn't understand what the appeal of these doofuses was.
But then I heard them squeak, and now I'm a believer.

That time of year for dog and pup wrastlin' is upon us

RickRogers

"meh"

RickRogers

Argh....argh. neighbors kid got squeamish dropped one of our pigs, Lee, on the floor.

One tooth is out, one is loose. Been given painkillers by vet and told to make to make her food finer and watch the weight.

Anyone know what her chances are?

RickRogers

xcheopis posted:

Sorry, I don't. Poor little fluffpig! Does the vet think Lee's injuries are potentially life-threatening?

Just if she can no longer eat and drops below a certain weight and then.....

I was getting really attached to them as well; gonna give my best for Lee.

quote:

Happy birthday, Rokit!

RickRogers

xcheopis posted:

Can you sneak more pictures of fuzz-pig for us?

I shall try when I am finally free of work this week; they require much patience and wrastlin'.
I have been informed by the most significant other that she has now lost both top incisors but is doing really well by eating plenty of shredded carrots and hay with the remaining side teeth.

Dang Geckos look so chill and floaty in that photo

RickRogers

Great and powerful dogs going on here.

RickRogers

3 fluffy pigs in their outside run having no idea what to do now that the big man-tjing has taken their hiding log away.

Good news though; seems that the roots of both of Lee's incisor teeth survived her face plant and they are slowly growing back :buddy:

E. And yes they squealed a little in surprise

RickRogers

cruft posted:

My daughter just discovered that Ruby has nine (9) nipples.

Pretty hosed up if you ask me.

:kstare:

Being ignored and talked about by my pigs

RickRogers

Not gonna post a pic of this, but I just discovered what a guinea pig nipples look like and where they are.

:stare:

RickRogers

Not sure if I want to nip shame my pigs.

E. Ok, though I am going to have to do some weird and stuff to get a picture of a guinea pigs nipples

Ee. For science

RickRogers fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers

I tried real hard to get a picture of guinea pig nips but I just got a really shocked pig that kept licking me for some reason?