Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic

g me how to shitpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

"approach the keyboard" *I step closer to the keyboard and he shakes his head* "do it again"

FutonForensic

Mark Rippetoe, creator of the Starting Strength fitness program, taught me that 2 gallons of milk is the perfect daily provider of fats, proteins and sugars necessary for optimal shitposting

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i come out of the dressing room and pose for mark but he shakes his head, I try several more outfits and get similar responses from mark, his anger grows and he presses stop on the tape player just as right said fred were getting to the chorus of i'm too sexy. he exits the room and slams the door behind him.

FutonForensic

some posting circles are adamant in using a ironic-unironic or "supine" style. I (Mark Rippetoe) emphasize a more foundational, genuine sincereposting style as this mitigates the risk of secondary or tertiary cringe

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I bought that book many years ago because a bunch of goons told me to. The first sentence in that book is, no joke, "Physical strength is the most important thing in life." Rippetoe then goes on to explain how some people consider intellectual or spiritual pursuits to be more important, but those people are incorrect, and they'd change their mind if they could squat more. What follows is like 400 pages of the most dense, unreadable anatomy textbook you can imagine, with occasional bits of instruction on how to exercise. I read that whole book and it was the worst experience of my life. 10/10, would recommend.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

FutonForensic

blaise rascal posted:

I bought that book many years ago because a bunch of goons told me to. The first sentence in that book is, no joke, "Physical strength is the most important thing in life." Rippetoe then goes on to explain how some people consider intellectual or spiritual pursuits to be more important, but those people are incorrect, and they'd change their mind if they could squat more. What follows is like 400 pages of the most dense, unreadable anatomy textbook you can imagine, with occasional bits of instruction on how to exercise. I read that whole book and it was the worst experience of my life. 10/10, would recommend.

You cannot perform optimal lifts (or shitposts) without a thorough understanding of the underlying mechanisms that power your movements (or posts)! To think otherwise is a hollow existence!

Heather Papps

hello friend

my keyboard is covered in blood, but mark won't let me stop

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FutonForensic

fitness. posting etiquette. culture. this man is a sage.

blaise rascal

I wonder what Mark would say if I asked him why he was so red

blaise rascal

also, what the gently caress does "Bellmawr is Everybody" mean

FutonForensic

blaise rascal posted:

also, what the gently caress does "Bellmawr is Everybody" mean

nut

how about this mark my pants when i rippeass

blaise rascal

ah, yes. explains everything. i regret doubting you, mark

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i found mark sleeping in a broken down ford fiesta parked in front of my house :(

have not enough people been supporting him?

FutonForensic

Luvcow posted:

i found mark sleeping in a broken down ford fiesta parked in front of my house :(

have not enough people been supporting him?

Mark Rippetoe knows better than anyone that the only thing you can rely on for support is a strong lower back, built up by a linear progression of compound lifts

nut

hey mark thanks for making my body look like what you think a teenage mutant ninja turtle (live action i'm talking secret of the ooze era) would look like without its shell also operating under the assumption that their body occupies every single bit of space inside the shell you can't see

google THIS

All I want to know is how Mark got his namesake toes so ripped

google THIS

(shot of a set of soft flabby toes and a post with no empty quotes) "Is this you?"

FutonForensic

google THIS posted:

All I want to know is how Mark got his namesake toes so ripped

the name is pronounced "Rip-a-toe", so I think it's from absorbing the toes of those too weak to defy him

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
If he's so strong how come his toes ripped.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Ass-penny

More interested in Minnie Ripperton tbh.

Manifisto

the core of building shitposting strength is reps.

"knife to meet you"

"again"

"knife to meet you"

"again"

"knife to meet you"

"again"

"knife to meeet you"

"no, no, no! your form is getting sloppy!"

ty nesamdoom!

FutonForensic

on your next workout, add 2.5 knife to your knife load

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Physical fitness is cool for other people. :smug:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I keep starting to gain strength but I never seem to get to the end

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

google THIS

MR: Are you a shitposter?

Me: Yes.

MR: I can't hear you, I said ARE YOU A SHITPOSTER?

Me: YES!

MR: (hopefully) And are you into fitness?

Me: Fitness whole burriot in my mouth.

MR: I've taught you all I can.

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

the core of building shitposting strength is reps.

"knife to meet you"

"again"

"knife to meet you"

"again"

"knife to meet you"

"again"

"knife to meeet you"

"no, no, no! your form is getting sloppy!"

google THIS posted:

Macnult

mark rippetoe: proper shitpost form. activate your core, like you’re gonna poop
me: i can clench my core already though
mark rippetoe: DO YOU WANT STRENGTH OR NOT DO A POOPY CLENCH

FutonForensic

Macnult posted:

mark rippetoe: proper shitpost form. activate your core, like you’re gonna poop
me: i can clench my core already though
mark rippetoe: DO YOU WANT STRENGTH OR NOT DO A POOPY CLENCH

mark rippetoe: squeeze your glutes, hard enough that you go crosseyed

me *squeezing my butt real hard*: hnngh

mark rippetoe: heh heh. mark you old scamp. made a fool out of them again with the old squeezy butt trick

me *still crosseyed*: what was that?? what was that mark??

mark rippetoe: heh heh. nothing at all. nothing at all

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

mark rippetoe: heh heh. mark you old scamp. made a fool out of them again with the old squeezy butt trick

Macnult

FutonForensic posted:

hahaha

Ass-penny

Minnie Riperton said "Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're beautiful," and "makin' love with you is all I want to do."
Sounds like a five star work out to me.

nut

stop do it again. this time, very carefully

blaise rascal

In case you thought i was joking

google THIS

Shitposting is the most important thing in life. This is true whether we want it to be or not. As humanity has developed throughout history, shitposting has become less critical to our daily existence, but no less important to our lives. Our posts, more than any other thing we possess, still determines the quality and the quantity of our time here in these forums. Whereas previously our posting strength determined how many emptyquotes we got and whether we got banned, it now merely determines how chill we stay in these trying surroundings we have found ourselves in as world crises have accumulated. But we are still orbs -- our chill existence is, in the final analysis, the only one that actually matters. A cynical misanthrope is not as happy as that same man would be if he were chill. This reality is offensive to some people who would like the GBS or Coupons and Deals to take precedence. It is instructive to see what happens to these very people as they smoke more weed.

blaise rascal

lmao

FutonForensic

google THIS posted:

Shitposting is the most important thing in life. This is true whether we want it to be or not. As humanity has developed throughout history, shitposting has become less critical to our daily existence, but no less important to our lives. Our posts, more than any other thing we possess, still determines the quality and the quantity of our time here in these forums. Whereas previously our posting strength determined how many emptyquotes we got and whether we got banned, it now merely determines how chill we stay in these trying surroundings we have found ourselves in as world crises have accumulated. But we are still orbs -- our chill existence is, in the final analysis, the only one that actually matters. A cynical misanthrope is not as happy as that same man would be if he were chill. This reality is offensive to some people who would like the GBS or Coupons and Deals to take precedence. It is instructive to see what happens to these very people as they smoke more weed.

powerful hovertext contender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

google THIS posted:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!