Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess for me I'm frustrated with how AEW is using OC because they're overexposing him by making every match some three parter

I too would also like him to be more chill--his popping out of the trunk to help the Best Friends was perfect. Meanwhile, he wasted so much time on Jericho to get a lazy jump into some orange juice, and now he's getting dragged along into the Cody bit of the month. And yeah, all of this leading to Darby Allen also makes the whole thing stink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

JOHN CENA posted:

imagine okada vs pentagon jr

ALL I WANT IS A PENTA G1 RUN OPEN THE FORBIDDEN PORTAL BICEPS MAN

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

The fact that the Blockade is just a belt of ships is super weird. Like they make a plot point later that the Blockade is replaced with a single ship (for the climax to happen) but the initial blockade is kind of easy to run.

i met a girl in high school who was really into star wars, the first thing i struck up a conversation with her about was the giant rebel alliance logo she drew on the front of her binder. she kept saying how phantom menace was her favorite movie and her introduction to star wars and i thought she was being coy until one day me and a bunch of other friends went to her house and she had a life size statue of watto just in her room. eventually for unrelated reasons we kind of fell out of social circles but when we would see each other in hallways and such i would always try to quote the phantom menace in front of her and she'd usually laugh. well one day i was on my way through the library hallway and saw her but ate complete poo poo tripping over my jncos and dropping my books everywhere and faceplanting, bleeding from my lip. this time everyone else was laughing but when i saw her, the only thing i could think to say was "Now this is Podracing" before i ran to hide my shame. i never saw her again.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MJeff posted:

I was thinking about sitting down and watching Phantom Menace and actually trying to figure out just what the gently caress the plot is this time because to this day I have never understood it.

Then I remembered Seinfeld reruns are on at 10 so gently caress that.

a separatist wing of the republic is blockading a republic planet preventing trade or aid from being pushed through in an effort to force the senate to acknowledge them or something. the republic sends jedi in to 'negotiate' and they get embroiled in a bunch of bullshit because this is all a smokescreen to get palpatine higher up in the senate.

its dumb but i've seen it more than a few times since it came out so i think i've got the gist

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
All this is reminding me is that I need to re-read and then catch up on Darths and Droids.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

ALL I WANT IS A PENTA G1 RUN OPEN THE FORBIDDEN PORTAL BICEPS MAN

Penta vs Suzuki :aaa:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

neoaxd posted:

Penta vs Suzuki :aaa:

you get excited thinking about that but im here excited for rey fenix vs shingo takagi

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So does Portman give less of a poo poo here or in Thor 2?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Penta would probably take like half the g1 nights off

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh look, jar jar wants to be your servant

:stare:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

penta vs yano

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

you get excited thinking about that but im here excited for rey fenix vs shingo takagi

Holy poo poo you're right

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jar Jar with a Michaels like kip up there.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

a separatist wing of the republic is blockading a republic planet preventing trade or aid from being pushed through in an effort to force the senate to acknowledge them or something. the republic sends jedi in to 'negotiate' and they get embroiled in a bunch of bullshit because this is all a smokescreen to get palpatine higher up in the senate.

its dumb but i've seen it more than a few times since it came out so i think i've got the gist

technically, it's a trade corporation that is blockading and then invading the republic planet in a weird attempt at saber rattling egged on by the junior Senator from the planet in order to facilitate his rise to galactic prominence.

Also, based on Jar Jar's dialogue, he has a polytheistic religion.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
AEW just needs to run their own G1. On YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright cool I'm free of this torment, time to watch the Phantom Menace the way the Star Wars gods intended, reading the comic Darths and Droids.

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW just needs to run their own G1. On YouTube.

Hard Agree.

New Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945906