Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
First Golden Core are usually throwaway to support the sect. They can break core later to start over if they are worth keeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The book have elements, so I feed it to my awakened furniture. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

What should I be sending him out to do?
Recruit more disciples, which solves your problem.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Weebus posted:

Alright, ginseng, linghzi and tranquility grass seem to grow really fast even on fertile soil but the spirit leaves stopped growing after a while because of unsuitable qi. How do I fix this? Do I just wait for the soil to accumulate more qi?
You can artificially increase the Qi of an area using Qi Gathering item. A piece of Spirit Wood at the center should cover a cross shape area in 5x5.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Effect that states "Physical Cultivator's" will apply to the cultivator passively.

Effect that states "Secret Body" requires you to equip Body Part skill to work along it.

Most rare purple tier effect are the prior type.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That Guy Bob posted:

It annoys my inner minmaxer that the Mixed Element Arm skill requires a single defensive trait to max out.
Defense are good for making that body part harder to be damage too.

Body Part Skill stops working if certain key parts become too damaged.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I have been bringing 6 of my demigods to tele-hunt all the sect leaders over and over to get rich and farm gift favor.

Sect leader doesn’t seem to stay in their sect.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mystic Mongol posted:

so when he failed to breakthrough I refilled his Qi by feeding him a spirit crystal.
The Spirit Crystal refill 20k Qi, so you will get hurt if your Max Qi is lower than that. You will only get some injury if you are close to that amount like 17k.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Chicken are late-growth build with their secret techniques in Chaos Phase, but they do start with Skyfire Crown, which greatly speeds up their molding.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cow are great farmers. All of them practically start out maxed farming with cap breaks.

They have unique four stomach organs and techniques to massively increase in consumption.

Frog suck. it’s practically impossible for body cultivator to die in battle, so faster healing means they might be able to wake up during the battle to go again.

Treasure suppression are good against enemy with little treasures. Holding onto one treasure won’t help against someone with six or group battle. Except for whoever have the howl technique (wolf?) to suppress all treasures in range.

I might be bias on this since I go straight for attacking the daoist instead of dancing around with their treasure. Qi Piercing ftw :madmax:

Single treasure suppression is great against wild demon who only have one treasure core.

Snake are great herbalist/alchemist.

All Body Cultivator will reach a point where they eat several bowls of food each day, so you need to get a huge farm going.

One of our body turtle reached the point where he is trapped in the cycle of walking to table, eat, returns to cultivation spot, got hungry again, repeats. Put table next to turtle and hope they go for that one.

I think wolf might have the most powerful combat techniques, but they are very difficult to unlock. There’s one that need 200 points on base essense on each body parts.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 16, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

DrManiac posted:

What are some good advance laws I should be shooting for? Grinding faction reputation takes forever and I’d hate to go through all that
If you mean those on sale in trade, they are all Rng and they are terrible. You should only go for those with unique spells or treasure/alchemy/spell buff arts.

The one that isn’t on sale are good though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hot housing temperature can be resolve by expanding the house to spread out the indoor heat.

I did the opposite for fridge by making the room smaller to pack more cold. If I need it bigger, I can expand the house with ice wall.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The tribulation cloud for the six path is a lot lower in Qi to match with the weakening. Like 5 or 6 digits. So it would in theory, be very easy to breakthrough in Formation, or learn max Qi art on any point of your breakthrough to get a boost on top of your weakened stat. The next weakening should start to include the newly gained Max Qi for the scaling.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

grate deceiver posted:

I want to say you can get a bit from being near or interacting with Yaoguai, but I haven't really tested it that well.
Someone could test it by cultivating next to the sleeping yaoguai at game start.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Here's the dev blog explaining The concept of “cultivation” .

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There is an ending. It requires quite a lot of condition to fulfill and one of those is to wait 2000 days for it to fully unlock if I recall correctly.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Daoist wizard are the type that power up through sucking in mana (Qi) and works toward stuffing as much of it as possible in their body without exploding through various means of Qi manipulation to temper/strengthen the body, eat rare herbs/alchemy-elixir that nourish the body to become more capable of doing so, etc. Once they got enough ultra dense mana to become a magical being with poo poo ton of MP capable of changing the weather, manipulate law of nature, and greater understanding of soul: They are as good as god when they can do all that.

There are many other inter-inherent systems revolving around this primary concept of the genre like heaven culling this practice with tribulation and how cultivator circumvent, overcome, or bypass the system of this heavenly/natural law to attain godhood.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 5, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wallet posted:

Is it worth studying max qi practices that are counteractive and eating the inspiration penalty?
Yes for mid game if you are desperate for a demi-god, and absolutely for end game if you can’t get core 1 in other way. You would eventually be swimming in inspiration from shrine’s faith and find plenty of ways to lower dao.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Outside the psudo-science aspect of Chinese medicine is 5000 years worth of trial-and-error of record for what works and its side effects. Then the result get wrap up in said alchemic theory because science wasn't a thing yet. :v:

Unprovable stuff like tiger dong soup would remain as is due to the fact that "no evidence" isn't a good enough scientific conclusion for those who are desperate to get their dong working.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 6, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions?
It should be related to the base premise of the game, which is to make a school to raise Doaist Gods with Feng Shui. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Having too much spirit soil could leads to other kind of trouble that beginner might not be able to handle.

misguided rage posted:

Any idea how I can make them stop doing that??
Maybe try adding more sleeping slot to the schedule or spread it out on various hour.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Beamed posted:

Is the early game supposed to be a little slow?
Dial down the difficulty setting to speed them up.

I remove training completely. They can eat herbs later to fill it up anyway.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Amazing Cultivation Simulator - How your lost dick become sentient mortal and now your senior-grandmaster

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Special pills can provide season and emotion thoughts too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I have a dream where a body cultivator was eaten by a dragon, so he decided to suicide soul-bomb the dragon’s soul, taking out 70% of its health.

Then the body cultivator came back alive through regeneration from his wisp of consciousness because body cultivator Do Not Die. :black101:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

New update in two days: Cape and Spirit Contract! :sparkles:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If you are still learning and want to get rid of the corner map demon beast, then you can cheese it by trapping it in a room filled with campfires to cook it to death. Building it will help you learn a bit more about room size and temperature control.

As for food, a normal map usually have enough pear tree and ginko tree to last you to winter. It’s easier to send Inner to visit the village that produce meat instead.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The difficulty ties to your sect’s reputation, so keep it low and you will be fine.

Certain things are unlocked after hundreds of days or a few years, but those are safe if you don’t poke at it or follow the tutorial.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yeah, I also hates survival/sim games that ramps up difficulty by time instead of player achievements.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

ZypherIM posted:

So after a body part has the max essence, what exactly happens if you choose more of that? It seems like it just disappears, but I could be missing something.
Disappears. There's a warning bar about it. Good for getting one less White stat though.

quote:

edit: is there any downside to stuffing my guys full of ginseng and purity leaf and stuff outside of reduced effectiveness for eating more of the same?
Those don't have medicine resistance. You can eat them forever, but ginseng fills hunger.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We need a mod to add/amend more info to the help screen.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The spirit stone you gave to the agent is only for the travel event to the city.

City event will take the spirit stone from your stock.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I just set the game to make infinite spirit stone spears once I can support it because it makes higher tier weapons that are more valuable.
If you have more manpower to mass produce weapon, it's better to make bow for time-to-money efficiency.

Spear need 1 main material, 2 Iron Bar, 3 timber, and 100 water. Your Outer would need to smith iron for 2 bar, chop wood for 3 timber, and draw water from lake or well to make one spear.

Bow need 5 main material.

ZypherIM posted:

I don't know if there is a real rhyme to the tribulation timer. I have a slight suspicion that the races that get huge modifiers to a stat, combined with a tiny "base" stat leads to some huge timers. Like bulls almost always have 10 con, but this example has 9.3 and a 777 day timer along with some decent levels in skills, and the rest of his stats are better than a lot of rolls.
There seem to be a minor RNG factor for chargen that adjust some numbers. Recreating the same character in mod will follow the countdown and other stat formula instead.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Lifespan tribulation are voluntary.

Some sub-stages of law forces you to take tribulation once it’s filled. Like Sunflower.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The only reason to delay Golden Core is for the right timing bonus for weather/season/time, and build Inner qi caldron. You can also get a one time Qi sense boost from attanding the Kunlun Competition, but it’s not worth it.

Shrine and Gate is just a place for praying/kowtowing action when someone trying to join or paying respect right after joining. It helps to gather every recruit in one place like Hell Gate.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Can someone check the pricing for Poem and Sadness? I seem to sell much higher than the merchant and sect leader can offer. Maybe some of my mods broke it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Interesting. I can sell it for 3k to the merchant. After max grading the poem, it sold for 19500. :stonklol:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Double Plus Undead posted:

Does anyone have a guide to getting your distress down for Shendao cultivators? I read the guide and I have my mental state pretty consistently at 200, but I can't keep it under 50 long enough for her to do the breakthrough. I think the longest I got was 33% until some event happened to break the streak and I had to start over.

Guide

Mind Fasting effect may be temporary, but it is more reliable if you can't get rid of mood buff. It will gradually drop it down to 1 over time.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Don’t forget about growing those five element bombs spirit root. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

For context, a Seven Sword Demi-God have about 50k artifact power.

I think the tailsman that reduce divinity is the only one that I would bother making.