Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Thank you for starting the thread. Game good! Spirit doggo also good.

I also love how you initially get attacked by unsettled elders from other sects.

Also also, if you haven't look at the let's play linked in the OP, do yourself a favour and have a look at it. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Catpetter1981 posted:

I have set out a list below. Let me know if you also want some tips on where to find these materials or if you prefer to explore for yourself in-game.

Gold-element Qi-gathering materials (support and feed Water laws)

1. Sage Fruit
Qi-Gathering Strength: 75
Qi-Gathering Range: 2 (i.e. needs to be placed immediately above, below, left or right of the meditation cushion)

2. Lumina Core Ore
Strength: 35
Range: 3 (i.e. can be placed 2 squares away from the meditation cushion, including the diagonal squares adjacent to the meditation cushion)

3. Lumina Core Bar (i.e. the smelted version of Lumina Core Ore)
Strength: 30
Range: 3

4. Samsara Pill
Strength: 90
Range: 2

Wood-element Qi-gathering materials (support and feed Fire laws)

1. Gnarled Vine
Strength: 75

2. Phoenix Wood

3. Parasol Timber (the cut form of Phoenix Wood

4. Spirit Wood
Strength: 20
Range: 4 (i.e. can be placed up to 3 squares away from the meditation cushion)
Note: Qi-gathering materials with range 4 and above can be used in any element's meditation and breakthrough room set-ups. This is because when they are placed 3 squares away from the meditation cushion, they will contribute their Qi-gathering strength to the cushion without affecting the feng shui of the cushion

5. Spirit Timber (the cut form of Spirit Wood)
Strength: 15
Range: 4

6. Huge Ancient Gingko Tree (i.e. those giant glowing trees on your map)
Strength: 40
Range: 5

Water-element Qi-gathering materials (support and feed Wood laws)
Note: All these materials generate cold in their vicinity, and you need to ensure that your cultivator has sufficient low-temperature tolerance to survive being surrounded by these materials

1. Prism Lotus

2. Soul Pearl
Strength: 45

3. Ice Essence Barsl

4. Flood Dragon's Defiant Scale
Strength: 200 (this is not a typo)

5. Flood Dragon's Heavenly Horn
Strength: 150 (also not a typo)

6. Flood Dragon's Heaven-Breaking Tendon

7. Flood Dragon's Asura Talon
Strength: 50

8. Flood Dragon's Scale

9. Molted Dragon Scale

Fire-element Qi-gathering materials (support and feed Earth laws)
Note: All these materials generate heat in their vicinity, and you need to ensure that your cultivator has sufficient high-temperature tolerance to survive being surrounded by these materials

1. Crimson Fruit

2. Fire Essence Bar

3. Phoenix's True Fiery Jade

4. Phoenix's Heaven-Scorching Feather

5. Phoenix's Heaven-Concealing Feather

6. Phoenix's Firm-Sky Bone
Strength: 50

7. Phoenix's Adamant Feather

8. Blazing Fiery Feather

Earth-element Qi-gathering materials (support and feed Metal laws)

1. Ocher Essence

2. Holy Stone

3. Holy Stone Brick (i.e. the cut form of Holy Stone)

4. Divine Jade

5. Jadeite
Strength: 25

6. Stone Essence
Strength: 20

7. Dragon Feces

8. Eureka Pill

Null-element Qi-gathering materials (support and feed any laws without influencing the meditation cushion's feng shui)

1. Torch Dragon's Chaotic Jade

2. Torch Dragon's Heavenly Scale

3. Torch Dragon's Crystallised Yin-Yang Essence

4. Torch Dragon's Utter-Black Scale

5. Torch Dragon's Pristine-White Scale

6. Immortal's Moult (you get this when one of your Inner Disciples reaches the peak of cultivation and ascends to immortality)
Range: 9 (This is not a typo)

:nice:

Also, make sure to actively check heat/cold effects for fire/water elements, since e.g. soul pearls cool things down so rapidly that you might otherwise kill somebody (two soul pearls side by side in winter got me to something like -200 degrees, and a single one keeps my freezer at a stout -95 in winter).

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
New update brough the option to set what race (human etc.) you want when rolling your initial disciples. :getin:

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
:same:

That's the most helpful thing I have seen regarding managing Feng Shui for the kitchen and smithy. Thank you and I'm looking forward to more blueprints.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
What do I do with spirit water? I started a game on a "plateau" as the environment type, and it has some spirit water. Should I raise this to become spirit earth? Does that even work?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
So, I followed (loosely) some of those excellent blueprints, but that meant I end up getting blessed as a sect early on, which instantly gets 300 sect reputation and seems to lead to enemy cultivators showing up incredibly early. Does blessed status give any bonuses that are worth the trade-off, or should I try to keep it below that until I'm halfway set up to at least handle 2 enemies with artefacts?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Thank you for the answers! Unfortunately, as seems to be par for the course for this game, I have now heard about at least three other things I did not know about. Time to do some more digging.

:pseudo:

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
So, because I haven't found anything much, I'm just going to ask here: how does body cultivation work?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

You probably already know this but after some experimentation tonight, the feng shui element of a tile seems to have to add up to a full bar. So strengthening one element will necessarily weaken another. I think qi gathering items are just particularly strong, so you put some qi gathering wood next to the alchemy thing and it easily overpowers the natural value of the square where ordinary wooden decorations have a hard time.

Likewise I found out that while regular rocks and stuff on a display does nothing detectable, stone essence creates a clear effect. Qi gathering doesn't suppress elements, it just creates such a strong effect of its own element that it overcomes whatever was already there.

EDIT: Where does beast blood come from? Do I need to be high level to get it?

You can get beast blood from slaying monsters/chi animals, like the initial monster on your home map. There are 3(?) easier monsters in My Coppertomb (the one with the 7th brother early on), and there are some easier ones at Alchemy Peak etc. as well. Killing and then butchering them gives demon blood and demon skin. Note that demon blood emits heat, so don't put it in your fridge even if it's classed as medicine.

Fighting the early ones is safest once you have the spirit pet (dog/fox), since you can summon it to your location when you entered a location, and it qi-tanks well.

edit: :argh:

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been adding a lot of very zoomed-out guides/introductions to various mechanics to the second post, but there are a lot of mechanics to cover. If anyone would like to do a brief writeup for any of the unwritten systems (or any I've forgotten to list) please do! You can post it here or PM me and I'll get it added to the second post.

:five: :toot:

Thank you for collating and writing up all of that information. This thread is brilliant!