Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
WARDLOW VS MAN 13 14.44%
CODY VS ORANGE 1 1.11%
DEEB VS HIRSH 15 16.67%
OMEGA VS M 61 67.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

STAC Goat posted:

I don't LOVE Kay but I think she's a very good wrestler and she brings size that AEW doesn't have a lot of with its women. She'd be a positive addition and I think that should be a good match.

Alright, I'll have to check that match out
...sometime later because I work until 9pm that day and can only sneak wrestling into it during the last half hour :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:bisonyes:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

oh but seriously I posted:

pay the :10bux: and absorb Impact's women division, also

For the sake of women's wrestling as a whole AEW, TNA, and NWA recognize that if they merge their women's divisions across 3 "brands" they too will have the amount of talent and title as WWE. TNA's even bringing back tag titles.

I guess they need a NXT UK title too.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

God I love the Full Gear graphics

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I was really lukewarm on the theme last year but they've definitely made "steampunk wrestling" work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually thought Kay had adopted some kind of Borg gimmick to match Havok's Resident Evil gimmick or something until I noticed Deeb had it too.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Collective

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Johnny “Five Aces” Silver.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Stroker Ace posted:

Johnny “Five Aces” Silver.

:hmmno:

Because he's 4, not 5

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I wonder if them running this means they have a shot at signing her.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

iospace posted:

:hmmno:

Because he's 4, not 5

I blew it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Akileese posted:

I wonder if them running this means they have a shot at signing her.

I think the simpler conclusion is that they have some kind of working agreement with Billy to showcase the women's title and help them expand their roster a bit. The fact that Serena is signed to AEW and got the belt is interesting.

James Storm is also a NWA title holder and he just showed up at Impact's Bound for Glory. So something's going on there. There's also Kingston and Starks. Either the NWA contracts are very open right now or very fragile. I dunno.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Corgan said in an interview that the NWA contracts allow them to work elsewhere (only they have to prioritize NWA dates). The only caveat he had was "No Impact", but even that seems to be loosened (probably since Dixie is gone).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I think the simpler conclusion is that they have some kind of working agreement with Billy to showcase the women's title and help them expand their roster a bit. The fact that Serena is signed to AEW and got the belt is interesting.

James Storm is also a NWA title holder and he just showed up at Impact's Bound for Glory. So something's going on there. There's also Kingston and Starks. Either the NWA contracts are very open right now or very fragile. I dunno.

Starks' contract was up when he showed up for the open challenge, IIRC. Not sure about Eddie. They might've just let him out of it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm remembering that time James Storm showed up in NXT, had one squash match in which he got a god pop, then never appeared again and used it to parlay his TNA contract

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

STAC Goat posted:

Allysin no longer works for the NWA. Thats why I also think it's possible that her being in this match could be a sign she isn't necessarily headed for WWE like everyone thought. Maybe Tony swooped in and gave her an offer

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Not familiar with Kay but I am excited to check her out, this is cool

I know people like to bust AEW for featuring unsigned talent without locking them down first, but I'd rather get a glimpse of someone good than just never see em at all because Tony fears WWE will come knocking.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crapple! posted:

Allysin no longer works for the NWA. Thats why I also think it's possible that her being in this match could be a sign she isn't necessarily headed for WWE like everyone thought. Maybe Tony swooped in and gave her an offer

I dunno, the whole thing is weird. Rose brings the title to AEW and a couple of weeks later her contract is up with NWA. She drops the belt to Deeb or a couple of months earlier signed with AEW. Then Deeb defends the title on AEW to Kay who's contract with NWA just ended and is rumored headed to WWE? Its all very odd and there doesn't seem much rhyme or reason to it.

The only logical thing to me is that they're all maintaining good enough relationships with NWA and NWA with AEW that they feel comfortable doing this stuff without contracts. And NWA gets some free showcasing on a higher profile show. But sooner or later doesn't an actual NWA contracted wrestler have to win the title? Is Deeb working for both of them?

xbilkis posted:

I know people like to bust AEW for featuring unsigned talent without locking them down first, but I'd rather get a glimpse of someone good than just never see em at all because Tony fears WWE will come knocking.
Who gives AEW a hard time about that? I wish they did that more with the women. Its a good way to expand the size of your division and try out talents to see who fits and catches on. Sure, you might lose a talent here or there but if you didn't value them enough to extend a contract before that's life.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Signing Ricky Starks before he left the building was probably their smartest move. Eddie only went to AEW because his ma's got a good head on her shoulders.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Huh. I wonder if Fite is tightening up a bit. Used to be that so long as I bought Dynamite or PPVs while using my VPN, I could watch them without my VPN when the time came to air as well as play re-runs. Now it's looking like I have to be in Jolly Old England no matter what, as it won't let me see the paid content due to being in the wrong territory. New thing?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

STAC Goat posted:

Who gives AEW a hard time about that? I wish they did that more with the women. Its a good way to expand the size of your division and try out talents to see who fits and catches on. Sure, you might lose a talent here or there but if you didn't value them enough to extend a contract before that's life.

Between Ben Carter going to NXT UK and the Thunder Rosa to WWE rumors, there were some people who were like "AEW won't ever be able to keep good talent around if they don't sign them before giving them a featured spot!"

It's a stupid conclusion to leap to based on one guy who couldn't legally work in the country and one woman who wasn't actually a free agent, but even without taking that into consideration, I like the company embracing new talent without making them sign their future away first

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

12 hour Darks have shown us that there are essentially infinite viable weirdos within commuter distance of Jacksonville

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I hate them and I find the gear on face look kind of disturbing, but tastes vary. I also have no idea what they were going for with Serena's lips in that image.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beat graphics package they had was for Revolution, that had a good music track as well. The set was pretty lame. I think apart from DON that's been their weak point on PPVs, it all just looks the same

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really loved the Revolution set. The huge screen ramp and the lighted wristbands they handed out really added to things.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

godawful name, tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was really surprised when they decided to run with the same PPV names this year, particularly All Out. I liked how that went after proto-AEW All In and before DON. Revolution is a really bad name as well

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

I dunno, the whole thing is weird. Rose brings the title to AEW and a couple of weeks later her contract is up with NWA. She drops the belt to Deeb or a couple of months earlier signed with AEW. Then Deeb defends the title on AEW to Kay who's contract with NWA just ended and is rumored headed to WWE? Its all very odd and there doesn't seem much rhyme or reason to it.

The only logical thing to me is that they're all maintaining good enough relationships with NWA and NWA with AEW that they feel comfortable doing this stuff without contracts. And NWA gets some free showcasing on a higher profile show. But sooner or later doesn't an actual NWA contracted wrestler have to win the title? Is Deeb working for both of them?

Rosa’s contract runs through 2021.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Memnaelar posted:

Huh. I wonder if Fite is tightening up a bit. Used to be that so long as I bought Dynamite or PPVs while using my VPN, I could watch them without my VPN when the time came to air as well as play re-runs. Now it's looking like I have to be in Jolly Old England no matter what, as it won't let me see the paid content due to being in the wrong territory. New thing?

I can't access it either. Goddamnit. :(

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946733&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Next Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946779

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Got sling working, and I just wanted to post j was terrified Jericho was gonna SPELL IT OIT FOR MJF