Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
WARDLOW VS MAN 13 14.44%
CODY VS ORANGE 1 1.11%
DEEB VS HIRSH 15 16.67%
OMEGA VS M 61 67.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Big Biceps Tony made me look like a JERK for saying that it was too early to do Hangman vs. Omega and they won't have Omega beat Moxley on TV, but I forgive him, because that was a great episode of TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

"The Wrestler of the Year" Kenny Omega.

I agree, both Moxley and Omega were good on this episode.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

Doesn't mean anything but Thunder Rosa did tweet this during the NWA match

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1321625232935890944

Just letting you guys know now I'm gonna take a big fat massive victory lap when that Thunder Rosa is All Elite tweet hits.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bard Maddox posted:

really don’t understand what they’re doing with OC. everything since the PPV feels like a big misfire!

Orange Cassidy being put in multiple championship matches that run through the top of the hour is a massive vote of confidence in him by the company and the best part is, they've been preforming well. They've protected him in all of these matches. These matches against Brodie and Cody are elevating him, not diminishing him. It's okay. I promise you, he's going to be fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

It's more that they are trying to expand the scope of his character in a way that doesn't super mesh with the known qualities about him that makes this feel weird. It feels like everything has been kind of backwards.

How so? That he's trying more and being less of a slacker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pkjUR90eS8&t=175s

Also, this is interesting. I hadn't noticed Angels tried to attack Cody at the same time Silver jumped in. So Dark Order was trying to attack both guys and cause a NC. Nice touch.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sorry, I don't believe Corgan for a second.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol one of these weeks. These are always the fun ones.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno I enjoyed the moderator telling the pompous blowhard to shut the gently caress up. And I thought the OC/Jericho debate was a great segment.

They are overdoing it, though. The election stuff really hosed up what could've been a great build between Mox and MJF and the town hall was mostly just. Not very good. I liked Tony telling Jericho to pipe down, I liked Bischoff, that's about it. The best part of that segment was when they dropped the pretense and just did promos at each other.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 29, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

im not saying that last night didnt have good bits, it was certainly better than "mjf's campaign" its just mjf and jericho segments have (separately) turned into these massive time sinks and if they miss more than they hit (last night did for me) it gets a bit tedious.

No, yeah, I agree. Like, the MJF stuff had funny bits too (the "gum guy" was funny, him constantly telling that girl to smile was such a perfect slimy shithead heel bit), but overall the gimmick was not good and was an anchor around that feud's neck. And the town hall stuff was just way too long. Cut the stupid questions and just get to Jericho and MJF talking, then Ortiz butting in, that was the real meat, just get to it.

Jericho seems to be in one of his "I can get absolutely anything over" phases that he gets in every few years and the thing is, most of the time, he can, but there's always gonna be a handful of whiffs in there too.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eric Bischoff needs to stop appearing on my tv also, once was enough.

I honestly think it'd be kind of amusing if he showed up once per PPV cycle just to antagonize Jericho. As long as, y'know, he never does anything else.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, if Jericho gets voted out of the Inner Circle or whatever, you know exactly what he's drawin' on for that segment.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyl37-kI1Vk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

that went around almost a year ago after 'yea ok' (the poster here) made it. they are very involved in wrestling twitter

How can you just tell BGrifter lies like this? I'm ashamed of you.

BGrifter, it was Rarity that made it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

What an awesome find Deeb has turned out to be. Hirsch too, obviously. I'm assuming Deeb mostly put that match together though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If I were to fantasize about a trade between AEW and WWE, mine would probably be a bag of moldy socks for Asuka, Shirai, Sasha, Bayley, Drew, Black, Bryan, Owens and Zayn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

hooman posted:

Pac should cut all his promos under a bridge.

Look I know you think PAC was cutting all of his promos in a dead ghost town like he's a little goblin that lives under a bridge, but that's just what Newcastle looks like.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gonna go out on a limb and say probably a good thing that AEW never signed Karl Anderson.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jake managing Maki Itoh would either be an absolute trainwreck or the greatest thing ever. Or both, depending on whether it's a pretape or a live segment that week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They seriously gave the Spanglish poo poo 10 minutes this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was kinda mixed feelings about OC/Silver getting promoted because on the one hand, I'm super up for those guys getting to potentially open the main card. But I thought that was also a perfect buy-in match, so I was a little disappointed about that.

This rules, though.