Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
WARDLOW VS MAN 13 14.44%
CODY VS ORANGE 1 1.11%
DEEB VS HIRSH 15 16.67%
OMEGA VS M 61 67.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

flatluigi posted:

can't believe matt cardona returned to tag with joseph ruud
I'm still glad the second worst part of the spoilers didn't come true.

Show was excellent and next week looks even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Peter Avalon looking rather Taichi in that photoset

Which looks good but big surprise there

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Between Dark and tonight, I really dig Leyla Hirsch. Get her on Team Taz.
You know we say that a lot but her, she would absolutely fit Team Taz. Smol and mean, like a proper Tazocrat.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Alaois posted:

there's just one hurdle, but it's a pretty big one for Taz

she's from New Jersey
Trick him into thinking there's a New Jersey in Russia. Just have Excalibur hold up a picture of Darby upside down until he's too confused to remember.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cody can be a horseman except every time he's not looking at the three horseman + arn & tully they're all licking their chops and thinking about when they're gonna give him a pounding. I was going to do a ms paint of the obvious meme but like just picture FTR looking at Cody with these expressions

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think Brodie kinda implied in the pod he was pretty banged up in the dog collar match but I'm not sure.

I am really hoping the BF vs Gamers feud goes well, Trent is really good, him and Miro could be excellent. So selfishly don't want them to take a break, though yeah, they could use it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

Aew can't misstep so long as number go up

Gotcha
Yeah I liked the segment, in fact probably some of my favorite MJF bits and I love the fire in Ortiz, but the argument that any ratings improvement signifies a segment is the best choice is incredibly unconvincing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm surprised Hager has so much trouble with cans. You'd think a garbageman would know his trade better.

But I guess if Jericho isn't there to hold his hand he's pretty hopeless.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

The man is in the hospital let us all pray for him not mock him!
The can? Will he be ok?

Pylons posted:

I'm glad Eddie is getting himself into shape. He said in a recent interview he thinks he can go another 10 years now that he has the money to take care of himself.
Honestly Eddie is fine in the ring but the amazing element he brings to AEW isn't something I'm worried he'll stop being able to do.

Like it's not exactly promos or vignettes or managing he just like... Binds stuff together. He's so good. Everything connected to him feels more real and flows better.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The only thing I would wish on Will Hobbs are some straps so he can do the straps down power up before he unleashes that spinebuster

I say this because sending Will Hobbs (renamed Hobbs) to Vince and oh lord what did they do to poor Keith Lee

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tay is a delight, but Tay doesn't walk past the face section of the floor with her middle finger waving like FTW

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I kinda love that he's so firmly back now that it no longer feels like a novelty. For the longest time, Tony was considered a terrible commentator who was gone from wrestling forever and no great loss. His return both to enjoying wrestling AND being on weekly tv and actually getting to give a drat again has been loving great, and yet another reminder of how badly a talented person can be misused by a lovely company to the point people think the individual was terrible.
Did you listen to the pod this week? Brodie asks him straight on about his career and if WCW soured him on the business. The answer was surprising.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Statlander to Best Friends, Leyla to Team Taz, Kenny to Vicious Vixens, Tay to Dark Order but right before they split or something into Darkest Dark Order and Light Dark Order

and put someone else in the Nightmare Family

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Big Cheat Karl Anderson

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lance/Pac/Maki Itoh with a confused Jake Roberts is a hell of a stable.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's also important in my mind to look back at the Dustin match and know he was absolutely overwhelmed at the outpouring of praise for the match, had further great matches and has gone on to be highly appreciated by his co-workers and do a ton of training of new stars. Dustin went from stone miserable in WWE to living his best life through, clearly, AEW blood magic.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

boxcarhobo posted:

i think ftr are working in that interview lol, they do that poo poo all the time
They seem to dip in and out of kayfabe. They did back to back interviews on the pod, and in the one that smug entitled poo poo made it unlistenable and then in the other they actually talked and were people. The latter one was excellent. They have a lot of stories and history, and are really educated in wrestling.

The former is pure WWE twitter poo poo, and whenever they do it, it's awful. This weird sort of half-kayfabe worked shoot "I could beat up anyone on your roster" trash. That's to me the biggest problem with the feud, they need to breath and be themselves, they don't know how.

Also the bucks seem to be just throwing poo poo at the wall. Oh we're kicking a dude. Oh an injury angle. Oh the cody stip. Match is going to be great, I like both teams, but they need to figure some of this poo poo out rather than spin their wheels for month after month.

Match isn't going to be as good as omega/page vs bucks though, and they know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

Hirsch is almost as much of a no-brainer as an available Rosa would be. She’s so loving cool
Yeah she's got the look. She reminds me a lot of Baszler in NXT in a good way, this like, cool rear end "I'm here to hurt people and get paid" stride.