Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Huh, so you don't care for anime OP? Interesting. Tell me more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

99% of all media is complete trash. that's all books, movies, tv, radio, podcasts, and interpretive dance. there's no reason why anime should either get a pass or be judged more harshly than any other media.

This is the kind of rational, sober analysis that I come to SA for. Anime sucks thread after anime sucks thread people bicker back and forth like children but here's a mature and intelligent post that cuts right through the bullshit and goes straight to the facts.

Why should anime be treated differently to other things? Why indeed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Excelzior posted:

all it did was paraphrase Sturgeon's Law

As much as we'd like to imagine that each idea springs forth out of the ether fully formed and original the truth is that all great thinkers borrow from each other. John Sturgeon may have been the first to pen the idea that 90% of anime sucks but it was gimmie the GOD drat candy that refined and perfected it into the fully fleshed out ethos it is today.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why is anime the way it is? It's so unnatural. People don't talk like that. People pretending to be people don't talk like that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its silly and fun and funny.

Maybe we've seen different anime but all the weird, stilted, and verbose anime monologues I've heard have been about hosed up trauma and sophomoric existentialism.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

cubivore posted:

watch jojo

nah I'm good thanks. See all that dumb and hosed up poo poo I got exposed to was from people like you saying "No watch this one it's good I promise!"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

There are people out there that look at this as a sexually provocative image and not as a gross, weird picture drawn by a degenerate pervert, and 100% of them like anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

FilthyImp posted:

Wow, the robophobia's coming in strong there. What's the matter buddy, got some loose gears hiding in your closet?

*pushes a fantastical contraption behind himself, stuttering*

W-wwhat do you mean haha no I'm not in in love with a robot. Oh my people do like to talk.