Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Applied to Goonz.

Not sure how long I'll play it, but seems pretty fun so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Bann posted:

This is really true. I've got Harto 5 star and Phoebe 3 star, both at lvl 80 and similar gear. Harto is rated ~900 CP higher. It would have taken me waaaaaaay longer to get to this point without the 3star phoebe to lean on earlier, but I was sleeping on 5 star SR's.

I'm glad y'all brought this up. I kinda stalled out in chapter 9, right before getting the next tier of link material, until I went back and geared up my 5-star Annie and Gigi. Now Annie has like 2k more CP than any of my SSRs and is nigh indestructible.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Ann’s single target damage is definitely good early on. I’ve shifted away from her as I get into the later game but she’s solid into the early middle game

I’ll add you into WHALES ASAP but right now we’re full and need at least 2 level ups in guild before our roster expands. If anyone is idle for 48 hours I’ll kick them and invite you but otherwise we’re waiting for the level up.

Still no space? I'm not even sure how to check or know if my app is still there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hy_C posted:

Still no space? I'm not even sure how to check or know if my app is still there.

Someone was inactive for 48 hours so I booted them and accepted your request. I probably wont be that aggressive in the future but the roster limit on the guild is way too tight right now so sorry to the person I booted. We'll level up and get an extra roster slot in a day or two so we should be able to let you back in soon (or get someone else if you did stop playing)

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Applied as DrakenSA on server2 for WHALES

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Rubicon posted:

Applied as DrakenSA on server2 for WHALES

Someone had been inactive for 3 days so I booted and let you in.

FYI the next roster expansion is probably a couple days out if people keep contributing at this rate but I'm trying to manage the roster as best I can

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

What does the other donatable guild option even do?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Bann posted:

What does the other donatable guild option even do?

Literally just lets more people in the guild accept applications and edit the guild notice. And I can't even figure out how to modify those positions for the existing slots yet, but it doesn't really matter because who cares about the guild notice and I've got alerts set up on the thread to handle invites. I would suggest never donating to the second option unless something changes.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Regarding guilds, I'd recommend using diamonds to contribute. You don't get enough currency to guarantee the SSR with just gold and she's supposed to be good.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I donated today using diamonds after using gold the first day. Boy is contribution really hardcapped.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Regarding guilds, I'd recommend using diamonds to contribute. You don't get enough currency to guarantee the SSR with just gold and she's supposed to be good.

This is true. I've been contributing with diamonds each day since I'm working to expand the roster ASAP. The overall drops for contribution summon aren't as good, but the reward of a guaranteed Nicola (who needs multiple dupes to be truly great) is definitely worth it in my opinion.

As the guild master I'll say that I personally think it's worth it, but if you only feel comfortable contributing coin then that's totally fine, I'll never judge. I'd ask that you at least do the coin contribution daily though so that we can expand the roster, even if you only log in just to do that. Also if you log in at least daily I guarantee that I wont boot you to make room for new apps.

Thanks for taking the time to read/consider this. Here are more codes in compensation
#iczbingz
#icryuma
#icgladiuz
#icvolkin

Also, there are 4 bonuses you can get by using facebook messenger to message the illusion connect facebook group, without following them. You can find them here:
https://www.mrguider.org/articles/illusion-connect-code-pack-redeem/

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

At this point I'm only putting diamonds towards banners that feature an SSR I already have, and unfortunately I don't have Nicola. Stars are a pretty serious cap on power and I'm realizing you don't actually get that many good opportunities to roll on the SSRs you get. Feels like a miracle I was able to get Kiraya and Hersey to 4* this fast.

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

I hit a wall this morning with mirror dust. I had rolled Miyuki during one of the initial pulls, and today received her 2nd duplicate for the questline stuff. I went to upgrade the lens to 5 stars and need 3200 mirror dust to do so. I have ~1500? Where I think I went wrong is that I was very liberal in using mirror dust to upgrade pretty much anyone that I had shards for, figuring I would need them eventually/the album buffs might be useful. After poking at the game awhile, it seems like the only steady income of mirror dust is ~150-200 per day from illusion corridor, and occasionally from events/quest rewards.

If someone knows of a good way to accelerate mirror dust, please post! Otherwise I suggest being a little more discerning with who you spend the dust on.

Bann fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 6, 2020

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You can't farm it unfortunately, just a slow trickle from quests, events and illusion corridor. Pulling SSR gives a lot of course.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Keep in mind you can use shards in place of dust as well. So if you maxed characters you can apply their shards toward another character's star-up before you apply the dust. The higher the rarity of the character, the more dust their shards replace. You'll eventually make your dust investment back with those characters.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'd focus on a core team of 10 rather than trying to go wide but maxing out an R character is only 100 dust. An SSR to 6 stars is 10,000 dust but good luck getting that many dupes.

Also you guys probably saw in the in game news but they hosed up the battle pass. If you bought the 40 levels one, you could claim the rewards twice. Now if you bought the pass or the upgrade you'll also get extra rewards plus a grace period until the 9th to buy it. I'm glad they're handling it well, bodes well for the future but also makes the battle pass a real good value if you're inclined to spend money. The SSR from the pass is really good, basically an upgrade from Rie.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
If anyone is sleeping on Pan, do not. I've got him at 4.5 stars and he hit a boss for a 121k crit.

All lvl 20 SR gear.

Use Illusion Corridor for a slow build up of shards. I've got Kiraya at 5* instead of stuck at 4*. I've been really lucky on pulling her and choose her for my second 8 day reward.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but each day for the Halloween event there are things that move around in the stage select background that you can click on for rewards, I've gotten a pull ticket each day.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
applied to WHALES as Bobatron

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but each day for the Halloween event there are things that move around in the stage select background that you can click on for rewards, I've gotten a pull ticket each day.

Thanks for posting this. I actually had no idea so I've been missing out

ZionestLord posted:

applied to WHALES as Bobatron

You're in. As always, if you're the person I kicked just reapply and I'll add you again ASAP. I'll never kick anyone who has been inactive less than two days (according to my guild log which I have no idea how accurate it is).

Server 1 Goonz crew, if you ever need room feel free to kick my alt first. I'm mostly just logging in to max out guild diamond contributions every day to help you out but I'm not really playing on that server anymore.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rubicon posted:

If anyone is sleeping on Pan, do not. I've got him

Her. I think.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, Hachi Shiki (the character from the fortune event) is a total shitwrecker. I hadn't been paying attention to the awards from the fortune event too closely besides just making sure I finished the daily quests for it, but after losing a streak of auto arena battles where I was only half paying attention I went back and looked and there she was in all of them absolutely dunking on me. She's functionally a better Nicola but if you buy the event pass and dump your saved resources into leveling the event then you can get her to 5* (and half way to 6*) almost immediately.

I basically dumped all of the diamonds I'd been saving for better banners into increasing the event level, then blew all of my saved xp potions/shards/gold into getting her to 5* lvl120 and maaaaaaaan she shreds. Went down to literally 0 gold but she's regularly putting out 1/4 to 1/3 of my damage and sometimes spiking way higher.

If you've been saving up resources and don't mind buying the event pass, strong recommend.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
no one:
absolutely no one:
literally no one ever:

illusion connect:

木 木
 ワ

木 木
 ワ

木 木
 ワ

木 木
 ワ

木 木
 ワ

木 木
 ワ

also how the hell do you get rikia, I swear she's the only SR i haven't pulled yet

Framboise fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 9, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, Hachi Shiki (the character from the fortune event) is a total shitwrecker. I hadn't been paying attention to the awards from the fortune event too closely besides just making sure I finished the daily quests for it, but after losing a streak of auto arena battles where I was only half paying attention I went back and looked and there she was in all of them absolutely dunking on me. She's functionally a better Nicola but if you buy the event pass and dump your saved resources into leveling the event then you can get her to 5* (and half way to 6*) almost immediately.

I basically dumped all of the diamonds I'd been saving for better banners into increasing the event level, then blew all of my saved xp potions/shards/gold into getting her to 5* lvl120 and maaaaaaaan she shreds. Went down to literally 0 gold but she's regularly putting out 1/4 to 1/3 of my damage and sometimes spiking way higher.

If you've been saving up resources and don't mind buying the event pass, strong recommend.

Am I completely blind or does she not show up on the Album page? I was trying to give her gifts but can't find her.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Am I completely blind or does she not show up on the Album page? I was trying to give her gifts but can't find her.

Yeah she's not there. Don't know if she'll be added later.

She also can't be added as an idle character in your base it seems

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm sure she'll be added later, maybe it's a translation issue? The game has kinda spotty translation and for the first day, Hachi Shiki was named Charlotte along with the other character named Charlotte and a third character named Charlotte who I think only showed up in the album/partner list. Keeping Annie, Anna, Ann and Angela company I guess.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ugh, can't MLB Hachi or Miyuki due to a lack of dust

is there another way to generate this other than events?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You get some from doing illusion corridor every day but yeah, it's slow going unless you pull a lot. Also it's not worth going to 6* imo, 5.5 is good enough.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Is 5* her just from the fortune rewards alone or does it include trading in those bells/fans?

Edit: any good combinations to go with Maki? Maki/Nicola/Saya is carrying my team at the moment but I need someone to replace Nicola because she's stuck at 3* but her debuff is so good.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Suck-A-Sage posted:

Is 5* her just from the fortune rewards alone or does it include trading in those bells/fans?

You need to trade in fans at least to reach 5* through just the event

3* from lvl 35 golden fortune reward
4* from lvl 75 golden fortune reward shards
5* from 400 fans redemption
60 additional shards from bell redemptions

You'd then need another 60 through illusion corridor to get to 120 and 6*.

On another note, thanks to everyone in WHALES that is contributing diamonds to guild development everyday! I figured out how to do guild ranks so I made a couple of you Elites. This does basically nothing for you except the opportunity to feel smugly superior but congratulations! Another 2 days or so at this pace and we'll expand our roster again.

I plan to update the OP at some point today or tomorrow and put some actual effort into it this time instead of copying and pasting most of the format from another thread. Maybe I'll even put in some more helpful advice, links, and consolidate all of the redemption codes. So stay tuned for that I guess

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

OK, updated the OP beyond the 'literally 0 effort' phase. If anyone has any suggested additions then let me know, but I'll be adding more as we go and updating the code list in the second post as well.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

New codes:

#icmuge
#icmango

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

There's an infinite combo in this week’s PvP league btw. If you have the swaying wine glass accessory you can equip it on a multihit character (I'm using Kasumi) and the lifesteal triggers the 500 rage boost. Attacking a row of 2 or more will instantly refill your rage to max and your character will just go fuckin ham infinitely shredding the other team. If your enemy drops a Selena or other character with invincibility timers in front of their leader it's basically an instant win.

Pretty funny to watch.

E: seems they already disabled it

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 10, 2020

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Looks like we get some sort of guild battle tomorrow. Hopefully it means we can get Nicola without having to use gems for the guild. And speaking of guild xp, don't put it into elites, just plain guild xp which is the left option. Elites is worthless, it just lets you have more officers.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
Applied to Goonz as Zillon.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DarciisFyer posted:

Applied to Goonz as Zillon.

Added you and removed a couple goons who hadn't logged in for 4 days. Let me know if anyone needs to be re-added.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
So I did the guild battle thingy. I didn’t realize there was a “fatigue” mechanic and I loaded all my best waifu into the first fight, then I couldn’t use them anymore (presumably just for the rest of the day? who knows!)

Luckily I have a level 80 Gemmy who, being one of the featured units, can be used over and over. She soloed the next 3 fights with ease, so I downed 4 bosses with my 4 attempts.

I guess what I’m saying is, maybe spread your units out for these early fights. At higher levels we might need to coordinate more or whatever.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Applied to WHALES as Exodontia

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Suck-A-Sage posted:

Applied to WHALES as Exodontia

I think we just ranked up and got a space. I accepted you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
The new guild crusade has really good rewards, so everyone make sure to use your attacks. Any bosses you manage to beat gets rewards for everyone, it's great.

Looks like you get 2 attacks a day but you start at max which is 4. Any characters who aren't in the recommended get used up for that day but will be back tomorrow. Any recommended characters can be reused indefinitely. This means my Gemmy is absolutely wrecking.

My insomnia caused me to be around at the end of maintenance so I got extra hits in, if anyone is wondering.