Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Framboise posted:

Also, enemy Shantis are so annoying.

Me, starting the game and having Shanti in my lineup: "Shanti is absolute bullshit. This is great! :haw:"

Me, reaching chapter 14 facing stage after stage of enemy Shantis: "Shanti is absolute bullshit! This sucks. :argh:"

But seriously, as a f2p player, I climbed far higher in the arena ranks than I should have been able to during those first few weeks. Everyone was running teams filled with SSRs led by Pan against my R-quality team led by Shanti.

EDIT: Jasmine snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone else try to match up characters with their own equipment? I know there's no bonus (there should be), just helps me keep things organized.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
More codes:
#icmeme100
#icmeme200
#icmachine

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Game seems fun so far, music is good and everything seems to be fully voiced which is cool.

If I wanted to spend a few bucks what's the best value option?

Also how much do guilds matter? I forgot to check what server I was defaulted to and rolled on server 5 or something like a dummy

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The $15 VIP thing is worth it. And you should be fine as long as you end up somewhere active.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Well I rerolled on server 2 for fun and I got way better rolls than my first server so I guess I'm playing there now

Applied to guild as atvSA, it's full so I'll just chill until a slot frees up

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jesus Toast posted:

Applied to WHALES as Ailera.

We've had someone go inactive so if you still want in, go ahead and reapply and I'll accept. If I don't see your invite in 24 hours or so I'll let in ATV

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Well I rerolled on server 2 for fun and I got way better rolls than my first server so I guess I'm playing there now

Applied to guild as atvSA, it's full so I'll just chill until a slot frees up

Just accepted you

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
New code:

#ICRDDT10K

One spot open in the Server 2 WHALES guild for anyone who wants in. If you lost your previous spot or were waiting for a roster expansion here's your chance.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jesus Toast posted:

Applied to WHALES as Ailera.

Saw your reapply so now you're in.

There's a new event! I'm still working on figuring it out but some guy on reddit already posted a guide so maybe just read that:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IllusionConnect/comments/jya9d6/tourney_event_guide/

There's a new character. No idea if she's good, but the tier lists I see her on puts her in B tier so maybe don't go crazy trying to get her. Looks like she's a light hero that works like a reverse-pan where she does more damage when more characters are on the field. Does damage in a line.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Edit: disregard, thought you couldn't raid the event stages but you actually can

Suck-A-Sage fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 22, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So if I understand this right, if I want Maki, I don't spend anything until 4 days later because banners are based on account creation?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tae posted:

So if I understand this right, if I want Maki, I don't spend anything until 4 days later because banners are based on account creation?

pretty much, but the 4 day maki banner uses select tickets so you can go hog wild with your normal summon tickets and just save your selects

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wish she'd come back. I got her to 4 stars purely on Trials. She's benched for the time being until I can get her higher, but she's my background character.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
New code:

#iconnect

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I started burning through my stockpile of select tickets last week because I've never been able to get Anna, and have burned any other ones I get (from like the event, dream expedition, etc) immediately on more 10x pulls of Anna since. Got incredibly lucky getting her twice in like 4x10 pulls and then somehow got her AGAIN with a normal summon 10 pull.

5* Anna! Healing is back in style!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Another new code:

#icsala

if you're new and are trying to go down the code list and some have stopped working then let me know because I don't know how to tell which codes have been flipped to inactive. Thanks!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
There's a new mode! It's called Miracle/Dream Theater *cue prog metal backing*. It's not all that hard and can net you quite a few gold partner stones and mirror dust!

I'll write up some details on it later for the OP but the basic premise is a set number of fights in a row, characters you can pick from are limited, and you can only use a single character 4 times in the fight chain. So it's another "How deep is your bench" mode. Don't gently caress up like I did and not notice that the second series increases the number of fights to 9 so if you run as a full 10 characters from the beginning you won't be able to complete it. Oh well, still really good rewards. Just completing most of the first 2 series in both paths will net you 100 gold partner stones which is almost enough for 2 guaranteed SSRs.

E: ok, tried some experimenting on the other path and I can confirm something. If you lose an attempt it doesn't use your fatigue meter. So if you want to galaxy brain it then you can add one member at a time per attempt to try to complete each stage with the absolute minimum number of characters.

e2: also the collapsed stages of that other event opened up as of today

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 25, 2020

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
After the week 5 rate-up banners (Kiraya/Yuffie and Vivian/Barinas), is there any use for regular tickets besides the Radiant Summon banner?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

JagGator posted:

After the week 5 rate-up banners (Kiraya/Yuffie and Vivian/Barinas), is there any use for regular tickets besides the Radiant Summon banner?

There are new ones today! Pulled a Fenebeth and a Selena in 2 consecutive 10pulls, and my third Anna from the Anna banner.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
How many days left on your Anna banner? Mine is at 2D 11H and I have no rate up banner for regular tickets.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, I forgot that banners aren't consistent between players. Anna is one of my special more expensive banners so she's been around for a week. 11 more hours left on her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Do any codes give any interesting rewards? It's kind of slow typing them in on the phone keypad and if they just give crystals and stuff i can take my time plugging them in.

The only issue is i want to summon more, but they're really stingy on tickets.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

twistedmentat posted:

Do any codes give any interesting rewards? It's kind of slow typing them in on the phone keypad and if they just give crystals and stuff i can take my time plugging them in.

The only issue is i want to summon more, but they're really stingy on tickets.

This link generally tells you what's in each: https://www.mrguider.org/articles/illusion-connect-code-pack-redeem/

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Starting to see the writing on the wall here. US1 is down to 3, possibly four active members. Even my interest has been waning, mostly because I hit a XP barrier that doesn't really seem surmountable without just letting my reserves build up and dumping it all into somebody. It's like I'm blowing all my stamina plus refills just to tier somebody up, fill them with XP bottles, and then wait to do it all again tomorrow. If this is what the rest of the game has in store for me, I don't know if it can hold my interest. They desperately need to increase the amount of XP you get from grinding. That or add another more reliable source of experience gain.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. I just dropped $15 into the SVIP thing but really, do I feel like this game will hold my attention like PAD and Genshin do? Prrrrobably not

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
The first #DC-number codes doesn't work, the last one did.

Also applied to WHALES as Sosjojuror.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

New Leaf posted:

Starting to see the writing on the wall here. US1 is down to 3, possibly four active members. Even my interest has been waning, mostly because I hit a XP barrier that doesn't really seem surmountable without just letting my reserves build up and dumping it all into somebody. It's like I'm blowing all my stamina plus refills just to tier somebody up, fill them with XP bottles, and then wait to do it all again tomorrow. If this is what the rest of the game has in store for me, I don't know if it can hold my interest. They desperately need to increase the amount of XP you get from grinding. That or add another more reliable source of experience gain.

We’re still pretty active on us2. A couple people have been inactive for more than a day but it’s a holiday weekend so nbd.

I actually like that, in general, this game doesn’t take hours of my day. I log in, hit all my dailies, do the arcana for character shards, do whatever event there is, then just level up who I can and do some pvp. All my main 10 are sitting at or approaching lvl 170 now and I’ve actually started building up my back benchers so I can have a more consistent team setup for 10 saints and for events that have fatigue mechanics. I feel like I’m getting a fairly steady flow of tickets for pulls too just from questing and eventing and that’s enough for me all together

Datasmurf posted:

The first #DC-number codes doesn't work, the last one did.

Also applied to WHALES as Sosjojuror.

We had one guy who was more than a couple days inactive so I let him go and accepted your invite

I’ll try to clean up the code list later today if I can find some time

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
This is my tertiary game, tbh. Great for tap tapping when kids are watching TV or when I can't sleep and need something fairly brainless to do.

I also play Genshin and Arknights but run out of things to do in both.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This is my tertiary game, tbh. Great for tap tapping when kids are watching TV or when I can't sleep and need something fairly brainless to do.

I also play Genshin and Arknights but run out of things to do in both.

Yeah, one of my fav things about this game is its pretty respectful of your time. I can get through all my daily tasks in like an hour of tapping distributed throughout the day and still feel like I'm having some meaningful growth each day. I make sure I log in within the 3 different 2-hour windows each day to get the bonus stamina unless I sleep through the first one in which case no big deal, and that's enough to max out what is the meaningful progress you can make. If I get busy for a couple days I can let arcana attempts, guild raids, and pvp tickets stack up and clean them up later without losing any attempts.

I'm a relatively busy wfh computer toucher these days so this is the exact level of engagement and flexibility I want so I'm gonna be fully active in playing and managing the guild/thread for the foreseeable future.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
On days where I don't have the time/patience to slog through the long-rear end chapters, I just do Battle Pass/daily quests, run some raids to raise up a character/upgrade an equip and call it a day.

So I'm rather behind because of that (I am only now starting to get some units to 120).

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, that's what the endgame is basically. I'm gated super hard in xp and crystals right now. I still like it though, I'm so busy with my kids that I don't have the time or inclination to be farming stuff manually all the time like in Dragalia Lost.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ok, code list should be cleaned up now. I'll try to keep it clean but I put more thought into making sure new ones get on there than that inactive ones get removed immediately. Three new ones I just added:

#icsala
#icspace
#icnaklas

Also, if you're in US2 WHALES I've been adding the new codes directly to the guild motd as they pop up so you can usually just check there instead

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Haven't actively managed ten saints in a while (just been letting it autobattle) so figured I'd make a run at top 16

yes yessss gonna do it!

oh god DAMMMIT I thought the slightly higher strength and speed was gonna get me through this one

Oh well gently caress it. Someday

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mother fucker. You must be kidding me.

I've come up with a much better team comp strategy now at least. Next time I'll get into the top 16 for real

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

I actively managed 10 saints for the first time yesterday. For anyone who has not done so yet, you can really maximize your wins if you manage it. You see the team your up against and can choose which of your unused teams to match against them. I think leveling a handful of folks to 60-80 and actively participating + a little luck should get you in top 100.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
After arena reset this morning I noticed I had a backlog of like 40-something arena tickets so I decided to make an entirely pointless run at the top spot. Ran out of tickets after climbing to No3. It won't last but yay:

Still can't break into the top 16 in ten saints

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
New event is now live and it's pretty straight forward. You do some stages and the stages give you eggs that you smash for prizes. The prizes are good, including mirror dust, so you can basically convert stamina directly to dust. If you've got stamina built up then this is the one to spend it on.

For once they actually tuned the event correctly for global too. It was pretty easy to just crush through all the normal/collapsed stages.

Also new code:
#ICTARYUT

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 10, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Yo, found myself utterly bored with the progression loop at this point. Feel free to boot me from the guild.

Might poke at the game now and then but it's been demoted from my phone to the emulator. I try not to keep too many gacha games on the phone because the idea of doing so many dailies for so many games makes it all feel like a chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Yess, yesssss. Eat poo poo motherfuckers

For anyone who wonders what the final tournament setup screen looks like if you get into the top 16, here ya go:

You set up three teams at once, and as soon as one of your teams dies the next one comes into replace it without restarting the match. I'd say more but all three of the teams I deployed in round 1 of the quarterfinals got absolutely chaos dunked off the board immediately.

More new codes:
#icsg
#icvk12
#icmango12
#icvon10
#iccy

They're all standard 10 silver stones, 20 med bottles, some gold

e: the guy who absolutely destroyed me in the first round went on destroy every other person in the bracket so I got 6th place lol

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 11, 2020