Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yay a thread!

Is Woobo one of you? I've got an applicant standing by, and I think I may have accidentally let another non-goon into guild 1. We're not exactly busting at the seams though so as long as we don't have goons on the bench, what do you think about taking all comers?

Also, are there any team building guidelines anyone has run into yet? IE, you always want this many tanks, this many attackers, this many healers in your layout? Right now I'm at 26, so 4 levels shy of unlocking a new team slot, but I'm not running a healer. I'm getting to the point where I feel like I probably should, and I just got Diana, who is the highest tier healer I can muster right now (previously would have been Jasmine). I could wait until 30 and fit her in then, or go ahead and figure it out now..

My current team composition is:

2 tanks: Kiraya and Selena
3 attackers: Saya, Maki, and Pan
3 AE/casters: Miyuki, Phoebe, and Rikia

Also, with the tier lists.. I'm surprised Hotaru isn't higher ranked. She only costs 10 and does a full column of damage when she drops in, but I cycled her out for Pan because of her absurd single target damage plus other benefits. I just feel like she's under-tiered. Same with Barinas. He's expensive at 17 but he does a cross/plus shaped AE (+) that hits the leader and it procs fairly often. Once I have my full team slots open at 40 he'll probably go back in regardless of his place on the tier list.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Samael posted:

I'm already drowning in gacha games but I thought I would give this one a go.

A couple of questions- is rerolling worth doing in this game? I did my first few pulls and got 2 SSRs (Gagaku and Frantiva) but not sure how generous the pull currency is in this game.

Secondly, does it matter what server I'm in when joining guilds? Where is the local goon population at? It's not stated on the opening post.

We're unfortunately spread over US1 and US2.

I don't really think rerolls are necessary, but I feel that way about most games. Currency is pretty generous, and the starting girls you're given are very solid. Saya is one of the best attackers in the game. Even some R and SR seem like over their place middle late game, so I would just get playing and see if you like it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rubicon posted:

If anyone is sleeping on Pan, do not. I've got him

Her. I think.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, Hachi Shiki (the character from the fortune event) is a total shitwrecker. I hadn't been paying attention to the awards from the fortune event too closely besides just making sure I finished the daily quests for it, but after losing a streak of auto arena battles where I was only half paying attention I went back and looked and there she was in all of them absolutely dunking on me. She's functionally a better Nicola but if you buy the event pass and dump your saved resources into leveling the event then you can get her to 5* (and half way to 6*) almost immediately.

I basically dumped all of the diamonds I'd been saving for better banners into increasing the event level, then blew all of my saved xp potions/shards/gold into getting her to 5* lvl120 and maaaaaaaan she shreds. Went down to literally 0 gold but she's regularly putting out 1/4 to 1/3 of my damage and sometimes spiking way higher.

If you've been saving up resources and don't mind buying the event pass, strong recommend.

Am I completely blind or does she not show up on the Album page? I was trying to give her gifts but can't find her.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DarciisFyer posted:

Applied to Goonz as Zillon.

Added you and removed a couple goons who hadn't logged in for 4 days. Let me know if anyone needs to be re-added.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I went on a date with Fenebeth and she asked me if I was retarded. Neat.

Also, I noticed that suddenly most of the characters aged several years to 18. Pretty sure at least some of them were 14-16 before. Good update.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 12, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New code: #icvonvian

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

This is the last day of the halloween event, so make sure you:

1) use all your pumpkins to raid your highest level completed
2) use all your boss tickets to take out the highest boss you can
3) open all your halloween boxes for candy
4) exchange all of your candy
5) spend all of your candy

I don't know how long you'll be able to turn in your resources after today, if you can at all, so make sure not to lose your resources here.

Also the Ten Saints tournament is now open, so if you want to participate make sure you register in the arena tab and set up your lineup before go time.

I have way too many boss tickets.. ugh. There's no way I'm going to burn all 600 of these. I should have been doing more boss fights.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Yeah, I decided to just go for it. I'm glad I did, and I'm also glad there's a daily cap on it. Those stamina requirements are harsh.

I went ahead and sent in an application for Goonz on US-1. I'm CalcSA.

As of your add we're at capacity but nearly to the next guild size. Keep those donations coming!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

All I've picked up is that nightmares come into the world and we beat them up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've accumulated enough dust and spare rares to upgrade one 4.5 star SSR to a full fledged 5 star. Should I go tank - Selena, or caster - Yuffie or Miyuki? Anna could also potentially upgrade but she's already an OP healer.

Alternatively, I could upgrade a bunch of benched SRs so their future shards become enhancement fodder.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

Selena and Yuffie are both good but Miyuki is the clear choice here if you have the shards. The rage reduction is just too good

Good enough for me. Done!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone else try to match up characters with their own equipment? I know there's no bonus (there should be), just helps me keep things organized.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The $15 VIP thing is worth it. And you should be fine as long as you end up somewhere active.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wish she'd come back. I got her to 4 stars purely on Trials. She's benched for the time being until I can get her higher, but she's my background character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Starting to see the writing on the wall here. US1 is down to 3, possibly four active members. Even my interest has been waning, mostly because I hit a XP barrier that doesn't really seem surmountable without just letting my reserves build up and dumping it all into somebody. It's like I'm blowing all my stamina plus refills just to tier somebody up, fill them with XP bottles, and then wait to do it all again tomorrow. If this is what the rest of the game has in store for me, I don't know if it can hold my interest. They desperately need to increase the amount of XP you get from grinding. That or add another more reliable source of experience gain.