Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Does Fox broadcast all the TNF games this year or am I just feeling like they do because of my Aikman hatred? Didn't they switch off with CBS crews last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Falcons gonna win in a laugher because TNF division games never make any sense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Imagining he must be symptomatic because I can't imagine Dabo being willingly truthful about these things.

Gutless Falcons!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

a lot of broadcasts of things that pretend to have crowds are seriously overdoing it and its awful

I think they had the fake Eagles fans booing them at home, that was good if it actually happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Teddy moving pretty well for Teddy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nice job Neal.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Teddy with the block!

And it might have actually mattered.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

trade julio to kansas city imo

Who am I to refuse?

Julio might be the 4th fastest receiver on the team if they did, which is insane.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Imagining he must be symptomatic because I can't imagine Dabo being willingly truthful about these things.

This was supposed to be a joke but yeah

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1321978527777017857

'Mild' symptoms can be pretty rough from what I can tell? So maybe he's a little under the weather and maybe he's making GBS threads his guts out and not quite to the point where he needs a respirator.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

i laughed at the pregame where they were like he's never been this happy in his life and its like, of course he is happy, hes not on the jets anymore

Every thing I've seen written about Le'Veon Bell mentions how happy he is now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

euphronius posted:

Is that the first female ref ?

There may be a couple/three by now for all I know, she's been around for at least two years before this one I think?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Late hit on the official!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Sarah Thomas been around longer than that, since 2015, but AFAIK she’s still the only female official.

Wow, didn't realize it had been that long. I hesitated for a second to say it was at least her third year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Matt Ryan running for 12 yards seems to take quite a while.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Panthers defense thinks it should be halftime like I do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like to imagine Ryan thought he was going to run for the first there because he lucked into that touchdown where the D was literally crawling trying to tackle him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Flipped over to the college game during half and looked up Southern Alabama's running back.

quote:

A leisure studies major.

This was me in college too buddy.

(yeah I know it's a real thing)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Passer rating being the go to thing forever and only recently falling out of favor is the weirdest thing.

I mean Teddy's been good, but not noticeable enough for me to think 'perfect!'

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The second and 10 run if you're not Baltimore is the most annoying play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Strangely sad I didn't get to be one of about 8 people posting laces out at the same time since he made that kick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Teddy hosed up and threw for more than 5 yards.

Haha, Aikman unironically saying my joke...Samuel was open as hell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Starting to think the Falcons could use a new special teams coach.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did they call the trip or the borderline hit?

e: poo poo Teddy :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That woulda been fun.

Aw, well out of bounds even if he had snagged it one handed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bellmaker posted:

Just got here where's Teddy??

Got blown up like 3 plays ago, concussion probably?

Or neck. As in it could actually be a neck problem the way he got hit, not a fake neck so they can say it wasn't a concussion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Burginator posted:

I was out of the room getting food but what the gently caress, why did they kill Teddy? That was such a dirty rear end (And VERY obviously on purpose) little kick, too, did he get ejected for that poo poo?

Kicking guy didn't get ejected, the other guy did though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Matt Ryan once ran for 37 yards in a game, we could be seeing history tonight if he keeps this up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ozymandius1024 posted:

How do you shank that?

Chiefs kicker has missed like 5 of them this year.

And he was super super good before that, but yeah. Kickers are weird and can die at any time. And then be reborn like Mason Crosby has seemingly 4 or 5 times now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can actually kinda buy that maybe it really was a neck problem the way he got hit.

But yeah I'd feel a lot better if they determined that at some point not during this game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
When's the trade deadline anyway? Just wondering, I don't really think the Falcons will seriously shop anyone good even if maybe they should.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh man, that was it Panthers, that was the silly play you were supposed to take advantage of so we could laugh at the Falcons.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Love to fair catch the ball inside the 5.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Blow the whistle you fucks that wasn't even close.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Surprised he managed to make that even close getting his arm hit on the release.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't feel strongly about this but I wonder if it's better to go 3rd and 11 and keep the time out? Probably not with the Panthers offense, but with a good offense it seems arguable.

Moot point now of course.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sweet thursday posted:

Has anyone fumbled the victory formation

Happened in college once to...Oklahoma State or someone?

They still won the game. Never happened in the NFL, closest is Philip Rivers worst day ever but that wasn't from the V formation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Magicpants posted:

this game was close to almost being good but then it just never was

Fitting description of both teams in general.