Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the footnotes at the back of the book also make for exceptional reading.

the sequence where gull explains the architectural symbolism of london basically anticipates all the hosed up epstein poo poo like the island temple, the crooked spirals on the devil mask, the weird crop circle pattern at Zorro ranch, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Danger posted:

this is definitely an iconic chapter and I absolutely love how it destroys the pacing of the book, upending it. like chapter 1 sets up the plot, chapter 2 is a little odd but continues the story, chapter 3 more so, then what the absolute gently caress is chapter 4?

I also think it tends to overshadow the following ones a bit, chapter 5 especially has some of the most evocative imagery up to that point (that will later on even be eclipsed further).

I kinda intend on writing up thoughts and posting excerpts weekly I think. I just did a book club with some friends so have a bunch of notes and other sources already out together.

i look forward to reading this if you do it, i love reading takes about from hell