Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
It's just a different way of expressing this old chestnut from the bottom of the internet barrel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yeah, I've heard an interview with Jennifer Aniston that's just the most awful thing, like "I wake up and have a cup of hot water with lemon, three grapes, and a celery stick, then 45 minutes of pilates and an hour of cardio, and I'll have a bowl of fat-free cottage cheese for lunch, maybe with a slice of pineapple if I'm having a cheat day." In comparison I think I'd much rather lift weights and eat lots of chicken and rice.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Learn how to cook and start making your own meals - you'll skip a lot of fat and sugar that way while losing none of the taste from what you're eating

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, I've heard an interview with Jennifer Aniston that's just the most awful thing, like "I wake up and have a cup of hot water with lemon, three grapes, and a celery stick, then 45 minutes of pilates and an hour of cardio, and I'll have a bowl of fat-free cottage cheese for lunch, maybe with a slice of pineapple if I'm having a cheat day." In comparison I think I'd much rather lift weights and eat lots of chicken and rice.

Sadly a lot of those ladies have to lose weight fast, and stay in size 0 or less. Of course eating disorders will happen. It's the same as male actors, they have to look like the beefiest of beef cakes in three months, so here come the roids.

And, yeah...just learn to cook. Something as simple as stop drinking sodas will help you lose like 3 kilos in a month.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I remember Jason Momoa being accused online of chunking up when in actuality he was just not unsustainably underweight for a movie to look more ripped.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Phenotype posted:

I'd rather just be a gross blob that got to eat something that tastes good.

He'll always be Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk to me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cartoon Man posted:

12/10, would love the Witcher to have a role in any of the upcoming Filoniverse Star Wars shows. Not sure Netflix has him to an exclusive contract though.

The Witcher's crossed over with Soul Calibur and Monster Hunter so far.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Soul Calibur already did a Star Wars crossover too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Soul Calibur already did a Star Wars crossover too

So when are we getting the live action Voldo

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Witcher's crossed over with Soul Calibur and Monster Hunter so far.

They should just do the Witcher/Cyberpunk crossover everyone wants to salvage that fire tire of a game.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Thundercracker posted:

They should just do the Witcher/Cyberpunk crossover everyone wants to salvage that fire tire of a game.

I thought soul calibre was OK. Passible, at least

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
If you think celebrities get huge and lean at the same time just by hiring personal trainers and nutritionists, you should probably give this video a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-SR1vJTUE

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1366516933391171592

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

YOOOOOOOOOO, that's dope, her storyline in GoT was bad but she's great!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Time to ship Anakin x Ellaria Sand?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Nestharken posted:

If you think celebrities get huge and lean at the same time just by hiring personal trainers and nutritionists, you should probably give this video a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-SR1vJTUE

Now I kind of want to try clenbuterol.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

She was awesome in Rome too.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

gently caress yeah, Niobe!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Sanguinia posted:

Yeah, she deserved so much better than GoT’s pissass 5th grade attempt at Dorne, but she rocked the hell out of it regardless. She’s also one of the bright spots of Mass Effect: Andromeda (along with the other GoT castmembers in the game too).

Was kinda stoked for Obi-Wan when I heard Hayden was coming back, but now I’m really intrigued.

Vinylshadow posted:

Time to ship Anakin x Ellaria Sand?

Oh god, what if she’s playing Dr. Aphra? :allears:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Aphra’s like 12 at the time of the Obi-wan show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Teek posted:

Aphra’s like 12 at the time of the Obi-wan show.

Well then.

Folks are speculating that she might be playing Satine, either alive or dead via flashbacks or Force bullshit.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Be pretty old for Satine

I saw that and thought Sabine, nevermind

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh god, what if she’s playing Dr. Aphra? :allears:

My goon, that role is reserved for Chloe Bennett. :colbert:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

nine-gear crow posted:

Well then.

Folks are speculating that she might be playing Satine, either alive or dead via flashbacks or Force bullshit.

Might also be a way to work in the Anakin/Hayden Christensen bit too.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
She could just be playing a random tatooine resident. If you've read the novel kenobi, she could be the show's version of anileen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's not surprising but ofc Burr comes out in defense of Carano. :/

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1366758190008819716

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m sure she’s a nice person.

She has lovely views and she should be shamed for them forever.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ah dammit. A lot of Burr's stand-up catalogue is super "edgy" sexist bullshit but I really thought he was moving away from that. :(

edit: I guess "defense" could be a bit of a spin, though. She can be a "super nice person" but still have dumb regressive views.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 4, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
“Now I gotta watch what I say” really isn’t that loving hard unless you’re a piece of poo poo, hth Bill :shrug:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think “she was a super nice person.” is not what you’re making it out to be.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I mean, it Bill really believed in his own bullshit, all he has to do is retweet what Carano was retweeting. It’s not like it was a secret what she was putting out there.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

"Weird how this terf was super nice to me, a cis man!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bust Rodd posted:

I think “she was a super nice person.” is not what you’re making it out to be.

This is tho

“It’s a weird time….Unless she did some truly horrible poo poo or said overtly racist poo poo,” Burr said about Carano. “I don’t know. I think there is just too many channels. And then you gotta do sensational poo poo…I don’t know what the gently caress it is. I’m on that loving show. Now, I gotta watch what the gently caress I say.”

Its not that hard to look up what she said bill

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Burr is and always has been an rear end in a top hat white American libertarian. It isn't a stage act. You have go into everything he touches with that in mind.

Like, this is the least shocking response he could've given given his history.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe he’ll be smart enough to keep off Twitter...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateNu posted:

Burr is and always has been an rear end in a top hat white American libertarian. It isn't a stage act. You have go into everything he touches with that in mind.

Like, this is the least shocking response he could've given given his history.

Also the whole reason he has a role on the show was he has a long history of viciously mocking Star Wars as part of his act and Jon Faverau thought it would be funny to cast a guy who preformatively hates Star Wars in a Star Wars show to generate some headlines. That's literally at there is to it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s a talented actor too

He has good charisma on screen

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

His episode in season 2 was my favorite of the whole season. He’s a big reason I liked it. That whole sequence with Mando taking his helmet off to talk to the psycho Imp leader has been the absolute best part of the whole show for me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the whole reason he has a role on the show was he has a long history of viciously mocking Star Wars as part of his act and Jon Faverau thought it would be funny to cast a guy who preformatively hates Star Wars in a Star Wars show to generate some headlines. That's literally at there is to it.

*Citation needed

Bill Burr has a long and easily available career of comedy albums that you can get mad at, but he also generates thousands of dollars for the Patrice o Neal charity event every year and privately funds and produces lots of black comedian's comedy specials or albums. He's actually a good person, IMO.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bust Rodd posted:

*Citation needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTr94t26O2g