Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Sammus posted:

Someone confirm this for me real quick.

We don't know anything about Mandolor in this era. The last we saw of it was during Rebels and all we know of it from that was Clan Wren was anti-emperor and got the Dark Saber from Sabine.

There is nothing else right?

There aren't any further cannon plotlines no, but we do obviously know that the Empire conquered it and brutally repressed its people, even moreso than what was normal for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

The Tatooine lady said "by the force" last episode didn't she? I think it's well established in the universe that people use the word in the same way people use the word omg. For some like in the NR there is a connection to the Jedi Order but to most it's just 'good luck!'.

Yeah, if we go by the stuff in Rogue One the Force isn't just mind powers for telekinetic wizards, the Force itself has a religious component to it as well. Even after the Jedi disappeared, the whole Church of the Force thing still stuck around.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Did Boba steal a pistol from the Crest's weapon locker? Should maybe check a scene with it open, but it's not part of the armour and presumably he didn't have it if he needed scavenged Tusken weapons. Neat they brought back Jango's pistola tricks though.

To the matter of who might detect Grogu, Ezra doesn't make sense, does he? If he's back Ahsoka should know and direct Mando to him, and if not surely she could have used the stone herself to contact him. Plus he's more junior than Ahsoka.

I think Luke is the only existing character I can see that works narratively, with Din presented with the ideal end to his mission to bring Grogu to his own kind, the new Jedi Luke is training (possibly an appearance by a 3-4 year old Ben) and having to decide if he should hand him off or keep him as a foundling.

As of the end of Rebels, Ezra got lost in Hyperspace with Thrawn right? My bet is Grogu's force beacon lets him orient and find his way back.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Burr seemed to have a pretty good moment with that Captain, ngl.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

This was some good fuckin' pure strain Star Wars, holy poo poo.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Kesper North posted:

lmfuckingao

the mad fuckers did it

it's an episode of Andor

stylistically, thematically, tonally

and pershing has syril's job with better lighting and more respectful coworkers

also re baby yoda so do those count as grogu's first words

I was just thinking that Its like these folks looked at all the people raving about Andor and said "oh we can do that!" It felt kinda out of place here.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

So like was the door between Bo-Katan and Din made out of Beskar or something? She really just gave no thought to cutting a hole to rescue him didn't she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, we'll probably get a line in Ashoka from Sabine Wren about the repatriation to Mandalore or something like that.