Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That was kind of a nothing episode just to get an excuse for another Filoni cameo and recycle the old McQuarrie Dagobah spider design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

404notfound posted:

What was the complete list of stuff the rebels gave at the end? It all sounds familiar, but I've forgotten basically every supporting character's name :lol:

It’s from the prison break episode last year. Mando helps some scumbags break a dude out but they kill a New Republic Officer despite his protests and then double cross him, so he turns around and stuffs them all into a cell and radios DAVE FILONI, X-WING PILOT the location of their boss’s hideout.

Basically, they turned a blind eye in this one because he kinda helped them out before.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

CubanMissile posted:

At least they’re off Tatooine now so I don’t have to see the curly haired lady ham up every scene she’s in for a while.

I don’t care how well she does or does not fit into Star Wars, I will never blame a show for wanting to cast Amy Sedaris.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I don’t like making X-Wing Pilots into cops though. I get it. It works within the context of the show. I just don’t like it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Frog Lady took them out of their protective canister and went hot-tubbing in a cave full of spider eggs. Those tadpoles weren’t all surviving either way, just let Baby Yoda have his popplers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

If baby Yoda is analogous to The Lone Wolf’s ‘cub’ then that baby will only go on to do worse things.

I cannot wait to see what kind of crazy vibroblades and gatling lasers pop out of that floating pram.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cartoon Man posted:

Why the hell isn’t Bruce Campbell in this show yet?

:colbert:

He’s gonna be the voice of Baby Yoda once he learns to talk

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TK-42-1 posted:

Old EU but that was established in Rogue Squad when Horn is an ex-cop xwing pilot on Corellia. It makes a certain amount of sense. I think the razor crest was supposed to be an old police cruiser. Speaking of:

Yeah, but Corran sucked so that was alright.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Gonz posted:

Was that 4-LOM’s head that the Frog Lady spoke through?

No, it was the Richard Ayoade droid from the prison break episode last season.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That dude’s dead though, Filoni himself blew up the station he was on.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Khaba posted:

I don't care whether that's ship based or preferably like war movie in space-esque, though never go down the route of those bombers in TLJ ever again.

Nah, the TLJ bombers were great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Khaba posted:

I mean, it's actually kind of nice to see that someone enjoyed it, but personally the whole sequence hurt my soul.

I love almost every bit of TLJ, so I’m used to being the sole dissenting opinion and I get why.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Good:
Razor Crest
TLJ Bombers
MC-75 (Rogue One Mon Cal)
MC-85 (TLJ Mon Cal)
Kylo’s TLJ TIE
Krennic’s Shuttle
ST X-Wings
Lando’s Falcon

Mediocre:
ST A-Wings
Ghost
TIE Dagger
U-Wing

Bad:
Every Resistance racer
Knights of Ren ship
TIE Striker
TIE Reaper

Aside from Rey’s Speeder, Han’s Speeder, and any reused McQuarrie/Kenner designs, the ground vehicles have all been hideous though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
All the LW&C movies are great imo, and they’re half-off right now because of the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Kanan also has some Zatoichi vibes at times. I love chambara stuff because even the mediocre movies still have that pseudo-western feel and great action choreography.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Zatoichi Challenged remake aside, Blind Fury also manages to be a decent movie on its own.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The 1989 movie is pretty solid and a bit of a novelty since it’s R-rated compared to the relatively PG stuff in most of the series.

I’ve found two different DVDs of the tv show but I’ve yet to watch either.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bust Rodd posted:

Jivjov has literally been banned from discussing these movies in other star wars threads please don’t feed them after midnight like this

Everything they’ve said so far is correct though and the only people being hostile about it are posts like this one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Uh I liked TLJ quite a bit and did not deserve TROS making GBS threads all over everything, thank you very much.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’d like to think that Disney has learned their lesson post-James Gunn and won’t risk the bad PR in getting after Pedro for making an objectively true statement. With Gina OTOH they’re probably unlikely to do anything unless she outright and directly says something inflammatory instead of just retweeting dipshits and posting vague “they’re just afraid of what you’re saying” quote bullshit. They’re also unlikely to do anything period just because the show is immensely popular, profitable, and just started its new season.

I honestly wish she’d just say the quiet poo poo out loud so that they can dump her and be done with it. The chud celebs who just hide behind retweets and vagueposts are the worst.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Pratt is a religious dude and goes to a popular LA church that has anti-LGBTQ beliefs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That Benny Johnson account is a TPUSA guy and she's also retweeted chud news source NewsMax. If it looks like a chud and quacks like a chud, well... :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vinylshadow posted:

Those spiders also show up in Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest where they're called Knobby White Spiders and are living mobile tree roots of Dagobah Gnarltrees

They were also a Huge miniature in the Star Wars Miniatures Force Unleashed expansion. I have a bunch of them because I’d constantly mistake them for the way cooler Felucian Rancor when trying to judge packs based on weight.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Mando could probably have a few hobbies if he wasn’t so busy cobbling his busted ship together and keeping Baby Yoda from eating sentient beings every day.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’d imagine even a light nap would be a rare blessing when you’re transporting a baby wizard who can barely control his own powers on your old-rear end ship while the imperial remnant probably has a bounty on your head. Poor Din must be a constant bundle of nerves.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m glad we’ll have a new episode to argue about tonight.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I was all set to complain when I saw that 35 minute runtime, but that episode absolutely ruled. Please get BDH to do all the mid-season action episodes from now on.

- I can't believe that absolute madman Favreau is really going to just toss in every Clone Wars Mando story thread, but I am all for it.
- This is the most excited I've ever been to see Bo Katan. There's a unique thrill to seeing these characters that have never before appeared in live-action form.
- Gozanti looks weird and maybe a bit busy in live-action.
- Loved the way the Quarren face tendrils moved. I'm so glad they're doing the extra cg on alien heads this season so we don't get a repeat of the cosplay-quality Lekku from last season.
- The seaport looked great, the concept of Mon Cal/Quarren longshoremen and fishermen sounds ridiculous on paper but the result was wonderful.
- I like the cobbled scrapyard look of the Razor Crest :shrug:. The polished aluminum look was too clean for a bounty hunter.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Not counting Rex or any other potential surviving clones, are Sabine and Fenn Rau the only major living TCW/Rebels Mandos we haven't seen yet?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

Once I saw Bo-Katan's helmet on the fishing ship, that poo poo was eurphoric lmao. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go nuclear and meltdown the moment Ahsoka comes into frame. No way that happens next episode though, something is gonna come up. I'm guessing they'll save that reveal until the 7th episode. Would be happy to be proven wrong though :haw:

100%

Episode 4 Rumors:
Carl Weathers directed next week's ep and it features the return of Cara and Greef, so my guess is we won't see Ahsoka until later in the season. Either Mando heads back to Navarro for repairs or something comes up again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
With all the talk about Boba and Ahsoka I genuinely forgot Bo was announced, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Its Rinaldo posted:

You don't think Filoni will have a death strangle on introducing her to live action?

I'd be willing to bet money on Ahsoka showing up in Dave's episode, which is episode 5 iirc.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I wonder if we’ll see Old Man Boba again this season, or if that was just a little tease for the Fett miniseries Deadline claims is coming next year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dr.Radical posted:

That kind of reminds me, what happened to the sharpshooter character who showed up in the first season? She survived and it looked like she would show up again but never did.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see her show up again because of the way they talked up her appearance and Ming-Na Wen’s casting. Folks also thought the figure who approached her at the end of that episode was Boba, based on the distinctive spur sound of his boots.

At the time I thought that was kinda silly and that she’d be back working for Gideon in the finale, but that obviously never panned out and Boba’s on the show now, so :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

When Bo-Katan took off her helmet towards the end of the episode, it made a noise similar to Vader's helmet being put on for the first time at the end of RotS, suggesting some sort of airtight seal.

Which makes Din apparently almost drowning in the trap even funnier. It’s like his order are a bunch of pseudo-Luddites who don’t even think to put breathing equipment in their tin can helmets.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/

How good is this guide/list? I watched the first episode of season 1 and it was Yoda fan service the whole time. Not that it was bad but kinda meh. I enjoyed the four or five clones that were with him, they were the most interesting part of the episode.

Also, should I watch the theatrical release first?

This is the list I followed years ago. I’d pretty much written the series off after the movie and first season, but that list worked well and got me invested in the show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yeah, just jettison Carano and recast Cara. It’s not like she’s an irreplaceable acting heavyweight.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Everyone posted:

Okay, Bo-Katan is evil - at least in terms of not being perfectly good, I guess. In the end though, how many folks in Star Wars or anything are perfectly good?

Chewie :colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

Disney ruined Chewie by making him a centrist. That is now canon.

[edit] Lmao, here's the tweet for context:

https://twitter.com/DavidMann95/status/1211068326933401600

wait what

Because he stayed with Han instead of helping Leia with the Resistance?

ed: ok whoever wrote that is a moron because Chewie, a being literally enslaved by the empire at one point, has never been “apolitical” :wtc:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Turns out Chewie’s a Libertarian and that’s why he’s always hanging out with someone 1/8th his age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm a big nerd and own all the X-Wing books amongst other EU material that I bought when I was a kid and I can say that absolutely none of it is objectively excellent or even good when compared to actual literature. I'm not trying to sound a snob or anything, and it's fine to read as escapist fluff but in terms of actual artistic merit its mostly dogshit. I reread all the X-Wing series a few years ago and even with the nostalgia value I'm not sure it was worth it.

For every one great thing in the X-Wing books there’s at least two “and now here’s a paragraph about Gavin making out with his furry elf horse girlfriend” moments. And I say that as someone who used to adore those books and comics and painted a full-size Wedge helmet replica.

Like most old EU things, they’re best left to nostalgic memories and shouldn’t be revisited.