Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Boba was always going to come back, there’s money to be made! I’m surprised Disney had the restraint to wait 8 years after buying the franchise instead of making him a main character in the sequel trilogy or something else dumb like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if it’s actually Jango with a robit body and he finally tracked down where his dipshit son died and left his armor.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think we're burying the lede here, that this is the episode that a Gamorean missed a plancha spot and took a table bump.

I definitely let out a “bah gawd” when the Gamorean jumped on the table.

Also Temurra’s real age won’t really matter once he puts the armor back on and can be swapped with a stunt double.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Baby Yoda eat the eggs

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm really glad they kept Katee Sackhoff for live action Bo.
Starbuck should be in more things.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Boba was equipped with high tech armor and Maul had the force. She was just a regular person who was shot.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just replace Cara Dune with Kara Thrace. Sackhoff was great in this episode. Bo can be Mando’s new badass lady friend.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So those are either dark forces dark troopers or maybe some new elite stormtrooper armors made out of all the beskar Gideon probably has from the purge. Similar idea to what Thrawn had with the Tie Defender but scaled down to infantry. You know actual good equipment instead of the junk imps usually get. Or maybe it’s something closer to the force wielding shadow troopers from Jedi Outkast. That would make sense with all the experiments left in that base. Anything close to Dark Forces stuff will be cool at least, even if it’s a mashup of ideas.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if we get the botched clone that ends up being Rey’s dad...

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

nine-gear crow posted:

He really needs to do a movie with Michael B. Jordan to make up for the fact that he can’t share the screen with him in the Creed films because Apollo Creed is dead.

There’s no reason he couldn’t have come back as a ghost like he does in Happy Gilmore.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What the hell does “serving during Alderaan” entail? Was that guy just on patrol like when Milhouse was a security guard?

What happened?
Well it started to blow up, then it blew up. :v:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What's the significance of Tython?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Lars Mikkelsen should make the jump to live action like Starbuck and continue to be Thrawn.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's basically the Jedi version of Korriban/Moraband. It's an ancient jedi site thought to be one of the birthplaces of the jedi order, if not the birthplace.

Huh, I assumed that it was Ahch-To.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Sydin posted:

Episode slapped, this whole season has been fantastic so far goddamn. We've now got Bo and Ahsoka and separate missions to find imperial folks, so presumably they're going to be recurring characters rather than one offs.

Also :lol: at just the most casual Thrawn name drop, EU folks foaming at the mouth right now. :allears:

Ahsoka presumably could have just used the Force to sweep her off her feet into the water, or drown her, or whatever. But she wanted her alive so she could milk some info, and seemed to also be willing to offer a fair duel.

or rip the spear out of her hands.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I liked that ship :smith:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Even with the trap beats that are always playing when Moff Gideon is around, he doesn’t stand a chance now that Boba and his whip are on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utFRqsT61-k

Fresh

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Whole episode could have just been Temura saying Tatooine over and over.
:allears:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
That has to be 100% why they gave him the gaffi stick. That rules even more now and makes a little more sense.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This show will obviously end with Grogu becoming the new Mandalore.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Thundercracker posted:

Shrug, tracking beacon?

It’s probably this and some sort of stealth tech on Slave I. Probably the same reason Han didn’t notice it with the trash in empire.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
That beat! I’m done!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Not a fan of Fett’s repainted armor. Looked better with the scuffs scratches.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Its Rinaldo posted:

They better call in Bo-Katan fucks sake I'm gonna be so mad if they don't

If they don’t, I imagine she will probably find Gideon on her own and pop up to save the day.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

drunkill posted:

Could have at least offered Mayfield a ride to another sector or even just the closest spaceport/space station instead of leaving him in a jungle.

They’ve got places to be, there’s no time to play space uber.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Mando and Boba showing up in the next episode after Gideon has already sucked out all of Grogu's force juice.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
MCLUNKEY!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
How the gently caress did anyone get off that barge?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Y’all are fools. All the clone talk, the hints are obvious. That was Luuke.

Also explains why he looks weird. Not enough time in the clone oven.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

CelticPredator posted:

Can’t wait for baby yoda to be slaughtered by Kylo Ren.

If he survived Anakin, he can survive Kylo.

Grogu just inexplicably popping up at each new Jedi temple and surviving the inevitable purge is a funny idea.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I was excited about Luuke until he showed his face and started talking. But then R2 showed up and almost had more to do than in the ENTIRE sequel trilogy and the idea of him and Grogu being buddies made me feel all :kimchi:

R2 deserves better than being kicked to the background in the sequel trilogy.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Dr.Radical posted:

I dunno, the deepfake in this was not as bad as in Rogue One, imho. It didn’t make me want to gnash my teeth and tear my shirt in despair like I’m sure it will to some Star Wars fans

This looked WAY worse than Tarkin or Leia in Rogue One.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Slave One turning the guns all the way around and shooting backwards was a really cool bit that will get lost in the shuffle of everything that happened at the ending.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’s clear that Hamill got the leftover de-aging budget after most of it was poured into de-aging R2. He looked great! Like he hasn’t aged a day since the 80’s

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still find it kinda crazy that none of the S1 mandos showed up at all this season. Feels like a weird thread to leave hanging when you also introduce a character trying to unite the disparate clans, but I’m sure that’s in the cards for S3 now.

Didn’t most of them die except for the armorer?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if Grogu is still at the temple when Kylo does his thing but survived because buddies with Kylo and becomes one of the Knights of Ren. It’s just that lil guy in the chest of one of those knights puppeteering the limbs and helmet with the force.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The sequels happened and some of them were really bad. All you can do now is try and build them out and retroactively make some of them better like Clone Wars did for the prequels.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Ahmed Best jedi is going to turn out to be secretly evil. He kidnaps Grogu and gives him to those pirates from the first episode. All a roundabout way to bring back “Darth Jar-Jar”

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The galaxy’s edge build your own lightsaber in a secret hideout thing is cool, but really I’d pay top dollar to do the same thing but making mando armor with a secret cult instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
And you never once paid for death sticks.
Not.
Once.