Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm not sure exactly what the breakdown was between what was Lord and Miller's and what was Howard's, but I remember hearing that the train heist was tacked on by Ron Howard, and the actual Kessel Run-related stuff was Lord and Miller, because Thandie Newton's character and the ape guy who they were trying to make into a Rocket Racoon character aren't even mentioned again in any way after the train job, almost as if they were added in after the fact.

This is from a couple pages back, but from everything we know about Solo, it's the opposite of this: Thandie Newton has said that 90% of her footage was Lord and Miller, and that she barely worked with Ron Howard, so almost all of the train heist stuff must have been Lord and Miller. Everything with Paul Bettany, on the other hand, is pure Ron Howard, because that role was originally supposed to be a "Half human/half mountain lion" alien in Lord and Miller played by Michael K Williams and Ron Howard didn't like what they had planned for the character and tapped Paul Bettany to replace him, as Bettany and Howard are friends. Beyond those two things, we don't really have enough information to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Organic Lube User posted:

Moff Gideon was able to give the dorksaber to Mando without getting killed, why couldn't Mando just let Bo-Katan give him a minor asswhooping as well and call it a day?

Because A) Din don't put up with foolishness that ain't Baby Yoda foolishness, and B) any plan that relies on the mercy and trustworthiness of Bo-Katan is a plan that you don't want to be a part of.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

i am a moron posted:

Does anyone know what happened to Gideon’s trusty officer that kept showing up? I thought I saw her die at the end of the bridge attack but I couldn’t tell

There's a female officer on the bridge who gets killed as soon as Cara/Fennec/Bo storm in which is probably her, but it's hard to tell. I thought she was the one who tries to sneak up behind Bo that Fennec shoots in the back, but that was a man.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Does that make Gideon's ship the Moffship

Does Gideon hold Mofferences
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mofference

And yes, it was held in the Mofference Room.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 20, 2020

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Yes, it was the original Darksaber from the crappy book of the same name. It was basically just the super laser without anything else attached to it, built on the cheap by some hive minded... rodent monkey alien things? And it was full of problems and basically blew up the first time they tried to actually use it.

The absolutely wild thing is how many times they went back to that well. You've got the Eclipse (What if the Death Star, but a Star Destroyer?), the Tarkin (What if the Death Star, but just the laser and shields), the Darksaber (what if the Death Star, but just the laser and also libertarianism), Starkiller Base (what if the Death Star, but like, literal stars?), the superlaser seige cannon (What if the Death Star, but tiny and used to open doors?), and finally the Xyston-class star destroyer (What if the Death Star but a Star Destroyer times 1000 because I am literally a six year old child?).

Just say no to Death Stars.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 22, 2021