Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Staying up to 3 am to watch dis. :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Getting error messages trying to play it, it’s getting hammered no doubt. Rest of Disney+ seems unaffected.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Thundercracker posted:

Isn't Sabine Wren in this season? I feel like there's no way to avoid Mandolaorian politics if "they" show up. Maybe it all started over a trade embargo

No confirmation for that character, but with all the other tangently-related characters who will be showing up, I feel like it's a matter of when, not if.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Why does everyone think Boba even wants his armor back at this point? He had ample opportunity to get it back from “the Marshal” before Mando even set foot on Tatooine.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hazo posted:

The Razor Crest actually appears at the Battle of Exogol.

I know it’s just a one shot cameo sort of thing but I still hate it so much.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I don’t think it was played just for laughs. It’s another bit of foreshadowing that the kid might be walking down a dangerous path. We got a glimpse of it last season when he force choked Gina Carrino, and even at the start of this episode we get a close up shot of the kid’s reaction to Mando murdering the dude with the jet pack after bargaining a trade. He’s taking everything in and it’s shaping him into something the Jedi might not be willing to accept.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cartoon Man posted:

Don’t think too hard about eating eggs and turning into a Sith, holy crap. They’re unfertilized and clearly played up for laughs.

All I'm saying is that when his path of straddling the light and the dark side of the force becomes a major plotline for this series, we're going to take a look back at all the little, seemingly innocuous moments that put him on that path in the first place.

But yes I also agree Baby Yoda eat dem eggs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Bo-Katan! :neckbeard:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That episode was pure Clone Wars/Rebels fan service and I am here for it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

i am a moron posted:

Seems like if you haven't watched Clone Wars you're missing some of the backstory. Is it worth watching? I'm stoked about Mandalorian because it's my favorite thing they've done with the IP since the trilogy. Loved this episode but got essentially 0 of the references. Wouldn't mind more universe-building stuff if it's good.

This is the list I used to watch the Clone Wars when I was jonesing for more content after season 1 of the Mandalorian. It's a little old so it doesn't include the final season of Clone Wars but... just watch all the episodes of that, you'll be fine.

And after that if you're STILL hungry for more, go ahead and watch Rebels. No curated list needed, just binge that sucker.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

teagone posted:

[edit] Watch all of Rebels. It owns.

:hmmyes:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As Nero Danced posted:

They're probably trying to decide if it's worth getting involved at all. If they decide it's more trouble than it's worth to keep her character written in the show they'll cut her, but if they expect the chuds to whine loudly enough about "silencing our voices" they won't do anything. At most they'll silently axe the character.

Also, is there a rebels watch guide? I've found a couple for clone wars but none for the other show.

Just watch it start to finish. Even the mediocre episodes aren't THAT terrible and you'll quickly move on from them.

One of the reasons there are Clone Wars guides is not just because there are downright awful episodes, it's that seasons 1-3 aired out of order, so the narrative doesn't make sense. I'm talking about stuff from season 3 that happens before episodes in season 1, that kind of disparity.

None of that is present in Rebels so you can just chug right through them.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As soon as Ahsoka mentioned that the lady villain made ships for the imperial navy I was like “Thrawn...?” and then when she asked the villain lady where her boss was I was like “Thrawn???” and finally she asked where Thrawn was and I said “Thrawn!!! :neckbeard:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

drunkill posted:

Again, the concept art looks just a little bit better than what we get on screen.

I guess Ezra and Thrawn are still lost if Ahsoka has been searching for them for a few years now and is going through former Thrawn associates to get information.

To me this sounds like Thrawn is around and been up to things if Ahsoka is tracking down his associates, so he just might be staying on the DL. Since Sabine is no longer with Ahsoka I wonder if learning Ezra’s fate has been resolved at this point.

I still gotta imagine Sabine will show up at some point, but maybe they’ll save her for next season.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Is this the first mention of Tython in the post-Disney canon? I can’t remember if it was one of the many ancient Jedi temples that pop up in The Clone Wars and Rebels.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Neo Rasa posted:

I've seen some suggested for Clone Wars but is there a watch/skip list for Rebels?

Not really, mostly because it's not a giant ensemble with various story arcs that can be skipped like Clone Wars had. There might be some inconsequential standalone episodes in Rebels, but it's basically one large arc with a core cast of characters that evolve as the series progresses.

Best I can say is if you like the series right out the gate, then you'll be delighted to know it gets a lot better as it moves into the latter half of season 1 and into season 2.

And if you don't like the series at the beginning, then you'll be relieved to know that it gets a lot better as it moves into the latter half of season 1 and into season 2.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

So wtf has Boba been doing all these years? Seems like he could have rolled in on Cobb Vanth at any time to easily reclaim his armor and then just gently caress off from Tatooine on his ship.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Tomtrek posted:

The most important reveal of that episode was if Bib survived the barge explosion, then MAX REBO could have too.

That was my big takeaway too. :pray:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sash! posted:

I found the part where the Darktrooper was punching Mando in the face to be hilarious.

That dark trooper was like “Hey it worked on Game of Thrones, maybe it’ll work again here.”

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

euphronius posted:

Also r2 is canonically force sensitive

what

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So we get Oberon with a spear again and we get Luke

This day ruled

Oberyn learned his lesson from last time and wore a closed-face helmet.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I used this Clone Wars curated episode list when I first started getting into things. It was made before the final season of Clone Wars came out, but season 7 is short so you can watch that from start to finish. The Martez sisters episodes in season 7 are kind of meh but hey, you get to see more Pykes I guess and it sets the stage for the final episodes which are loving badass.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

TK-42-1 posted:

What’s the significance of the scar? I’m missing something.

No one on the face of the earth even noticed the scar until Jennifer Beals mentioned it in an interview after her character was killed off.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Vinylshadow posted:

We'll be on our death beds when they announce a series for the mods, and we'll go full Grandpa Joe over it

I don’t know who Grandpa Joe is and I am very confused about your thirsty anime tweet link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Taear posted:

I am absolutely floored that someone exists that's not read charlie and the chocolate factory. Or at least seen the films.

I’ve seen the original movie and now get the reference but I don’t automatically think of Willy Wonka on the name “Grandpa Joe” alone, especially when it links to a random anime girl.