Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Motherfucker you could have thrown a NSFW in the title. The toilets are on the other side of the office and I didn't bring any spare pants anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
:bustem:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Valko posted:

Uh.. I don't think whoever had all that in his posession could be considered poor.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
lmao at the boxes of baggies

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpLaIbun2Q

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

Uh.. I don't think whoever had all that in his posession could be considered poor.

Their wealth is all tied up in investments. They don't have any liquid currency. So you see

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ded posted:

The money on the table there is like 1-2 months rent at best.

Yeah I counted what, like 3,200? It's deliberately spread out to pretend it's a big deal. I've seen cops with those lame spread photos where it's loving singles.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Some people just don't understand what poor means. A guy that has an extra months rent isn't going to have to worry about not being able to eat for a few days.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Valko posted:

Some people just don't understand what poor means. A guy that has an extra months rent isn't going to have to worry about not being able to eat for a few days.

my point is cops suck poo poo and an extra months rent isn't any kind of loving wealth

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Valko posted:

Anymore.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Valko posted:

idk what you're even trying to complain about here. That the person caught holding the bag here aint really poor because they're not donating blood just for the free cookie and OJ?
do you also think the person doing a bank deposit from DQ is loaded because they're carrying around a few grand too?

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
In my house party, how can I tell people I'm horny, but also have no taste? Dead Island's got you covered:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
People selling pounds of weed are most likely doing that because they are poor and other jobs suck total and complete dogshit.

“Hmm ok I’m 22 year with severe student loan debt or no student debt and no real job experience besides 2 years at Best Buy or Target or w/e and I need a new car, a new phone, new shoes, my dog needs medicine, I would like to take my GF out on a nice date every once in a while so she feels appreciated, my mom cannot help with my phone bill this month.. and I’m making $12 an hour with maybe 30 hours if I’m lucky?

You bet your SWEET rear end I am selling weed to make ends meet!”

And then once you’ve been doing for a little while you become fully blackpilled against capitalism when you realize that you’re making more money selling drugs than you could literally ever hope to make doing anything else a person with your age and experience could hope to make (except for your friends who are strippers, they will always make more than you), and suddenly it’s 4 years later and you wake up driving a car to Georgia wearing sunglasses you’ve never purchased and trying to Memento what the gently caress is happening in between 90 MPH keybumps by reading your texts from the last... 3 days!? Oh gently caress!

My point is that even when someone has pounds of weed and guns and maybe some cash on hand, the truth is you almost 100% owe someone that cash or that grass and you never really own anything and the cash has to stay fluid so while you are always buying and selling things you can finish up 7-10 years of hustling and grinding and still not have that much to show for it besides a bunch of weird tattoos and Something Awful forums account with all the upgrades.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I get the feeling that a lot of people ITT think I might be some sort of "pull up your bootsraps" idiot rich guy or a Bill O'Reilly type thinking that if a family has a refridgerator they shouldn't qualify as living in poverty. That's certainly not the case. Let me give you an example of some of the things that are happening in my country:

quote:

Mercy Baguma, a 34-year-old asylum seeker, was found dead in her flat on Saturday morning with her one-year-old son, who is said to have been malnourished, beside her. Police said her “sudden” death was currently being treated as unexplained but not suspicious, and that the case had been referred to the public prosecutor.

The mother-of-one had appealed to a small charity for help 10 days before, asking whether she could apply for any grants to support herself and her young child because she didn’t have any income and wasn’t receiving any state support.

quote:

The Independent understands that Baguma had lost her job following the expiration of her leave to remain in the UK, and had struggled to obtain financial support due to the no recourse to public funds (NRPF) policy, which prevents thousands of migrants from accessing public funds, causing her to fall into rent arrears and extreme poverty.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Every time we try to have a productive conversation about busting and whether or not it makes us feel good people go and ruin the vibe with talk of poverty and desperation–exactly what busting is supposed to provide a momentary relief from. I especially expect better of someone with the user name Bust Rodd.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Valko posted:

I get the feeling that a lot of people ITT think I might be some sort of "pull up your bootsraps" idiot rich guy or a Bill O'Reilly type thinking that if a family has a refridgerator they shouldn't qualify as living in poverty. That's certainly not the case. Let me give you an example of some of the things that are happening in my country:
we just have no idea what you're trying to say, friend
"I'm not saying houses with refrigerators aren't poor, but here's a story of someone literally starving to death" is a bit of a mixed message

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
Dang I just busted

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Coolness Averted posted:

we just have no idea what you're trying to say, friend
"I'm not saying houses with refrigerators aren't poor, but here's a story of someone literally starving to death" is a bit of a mixed message

I know it's not supposed to be a competition - there are different levels of poverty and more people are struggling than ever right now. It's just that I think the amount of money on the table up there would be literally life saving for some people. I'm basing this off my own circumstances, a few years ago I was in a similar position to poor Mercy Beguma. I could well have died too if my family hadn't come to my rescue and I still haven't recovered from that period which was the worst year of my life.

I keep seeing news stories about starving children in my country and hearing personal accounts of people having their lives destroyed.

This is all too e/n or cspam for GBS. I don't want to continue this derail. I've got PMs if you want to ask me more.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have busted thrice since the first time I saw this thread.

The first 2 knocked me out but then I tried again this morning and if anything now I’m too juiced up to go back to bed...

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVEIotzy3_A

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Why, this thread is just thinly disguised horny! Mods!! MODS!!! As spokesnerd for the forum coalition of terminally unfuckable dweebs we want all horny cancelled forever. No one gets it if we don't!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

tetsuo posted:

Why, this thread is just thinly disguised horny! Mods!! MODS!!! As spokesnerd for the forum coalition of terminally unfuckable dweebs we want all horny cancelled forever. No one gets it if we don't!

Horny is legal.

Also I don't remember electing you.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Solar Tornado posted:

In my house party, how can I tell people I'm horny, but also have no taste? Dead Island's got you covered:

I'm the lovingly rendered and completely unzombified breasts

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Slippery posted:

I'm the lovingly rendered and completely unzombified breasts

Boobs: zombie repellent?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Bust Rodd posted:

!

My point is that even when someone has pounds of weed and guns and maybe some cash on hand, the truth is you almost 100% owe someone that cash or that grass and you never really own anything and the cash has to stay fluid so while you are always buying and selling things you can finish up 7-10 years of hustling and grinding and still not have that much to show for it besides a bunch of weird tattoos and Something Awful forums account with all the upgrades.

First, username-thread synergy. Second it sounds like you should post a thread about your experiences cause I'd read it

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Chomp8645 posted:

Boobs: zombie repellent?

Well, maybe, I mean you never see stereotypical basement dweller gamer types being zombies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

tetsuo posted:

Listen bub, I'm just never gonna get anything done unless horny stays cancelled. I take one look at a butts thread and HUH HUUUH HUUUUUUGHH then I've gotta change my pants. Now I see a thread where people are talking about bustin and once again I'm ejaculating all over myself.

I've got a life to live, I can't be horny all day! Marxist readings on the socio-economics of drug dealers are the only thing that can keep my dick limp.