Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

DimiPZC posted:

Last point of interest in town is this hole. We won't be heading in that hole until after the first dungeon, but I want you to guess what's in the hole, or, more importantly, what you need to do to get in that hole. I'll donate a forum avatar to the first person who can guess the latter without spoiling themselves, because I'm that confident nobody is going to get it (Don't cheat by looking it up, or I will shame you :ssh: )

I'm hoping you push the lady into the hole like you push boulders, then you can hop down on top of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I like the idea of the random encounter squares. Putting a starting Link with six Darknuts can love right off, but the idea of getting warped to a little combat encounter once for a small bonus seems like a pretty decent way to break up the exploration.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

DimiPZC posted:

"Nobody replays good games. Super Metroid? A Link to the Past? Both of those games only got played once back when they came out and never again despite people still talking about it, and that's because you can't miss anything, unlike my masterpiece. You plebeians can't understand my amazing game design! You will die... DIE!"

"Why wouldn't you go around to every screen of the game after moving each block in each dungeon? If you aren't willing to put forth that small amount of effort, you don't deserve to play my game!"

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I actually like the idea of the random encounter tiles, if they had actual rewards and were throwing you into level-appropriate challenges. The implementation here is stupid but "whoops you got ambushed, fight your way out of the screen for a bonus 50 rupees" could be fun.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Does this mean you'll be wandering back to pick up the blue tunic, finally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

DimiPZC posted:

Update isn't cancelled yet (though I doubt anyone's even interested at this point...)

Look, if I wasn't interested in weird-rear end games that took forever to come out I wouldn't be in Let's Play. Which is to say that it costs me nothing to continue clicking on the thread when it bubbles up to page 1.

That said, if you want to just montage your way through the game until you get to the interestingly bad parts I would still be interested.