Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner's Circle Poll of People Who Win Contests
This poll is closed.
Bingo Cop Metis 31 17.51%
Major Isoor 13 7.34%
A Cup of Ramen 33 18.64%
Prokhor 14 7.91%
Arzaac 12 6.78%
Bowseretta 52 29.38%
Bernie 22 12.43%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

(thread featuring the brand new HD exploding lemming thread icon) (Shoutouts to RazzleDazzleHour for the amazing thread title)

WELCOME TO NOVEMBER

You've made it! I'm proud of you, personally. I hope you're ready for some tasty autumn. And some tasty games! Because buddy, let me tell you, there are A LOT OF GAMES

XBOX SERIES X - November 10th
PLAYSTATION 5 - November 12th

This Month's Games
  • Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - November 10th
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light - November 10th
  • Fuser - November 10th
  • Gears Tactics - November 10th
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - November 10th
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (tetris effect plus multiplayer basically) - November 10th
  • XIII (remake) - November 10th
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon - November 10th
  • B u g s n a x - November 12th
  • Demon's Souls Remake - November 12th
  • Godfall - November 12th
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - November 12th
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - November 13th
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - November 20th
  • World of Warcraft: Shadowlands - November 23rd (this game spot dedicated to Infinitum)

GAMES CHAT THREAD BINGO
https://bingobaker.com/#0e71001635b8bfb7

It's bingo! for your posts. Play it! Have fun!

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Didn't Gears Tactics already come out

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
B U G S N A X

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If anyone's curious the XIII remake is bad

Fuser is cool, it's basically Harmonix making their DJ card game / board game thing into a video game, so you can actually play it

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't Gears Tactics already come out

oh lol it's on pc game pass but not the consoles

it's 'officially' launching now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah it looks neat, I wanted to play Dropmix but I'm not getting a peripheral and cards lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOw2BfCtzl0

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

hope playin' bugsnax is as catchy as talkin' about bugsnax

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm voting for myself and desperately hoping it doesn't turn into Bowsette

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Didn't get a chance to post in the last thread but congratulations ONE YEAR LATER on your marriage :)

Also, still 15 minutes til November but no biggie. What's everyone up to? I'm needle felting a Yellow Devil.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Have people eaten actual bug snacks

(This is not me trying to fill in a bingo card, I thought that wasn't coming back until January)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

(This is not me trying to fill in a bingo card, I thought that wasn't coming back until January)

There may not be a prize, but you can still fill out a bingo card! (your prize is good feelies)

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Arzaac posted:

I'm voting for myself and desperately hoping it doesn't turn into Bowsette

You have to put on the crown, I think, it's not automatic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A long time ago, one of the guys from Ambrosia Software (Escape Velocity) promised to eat actual bugs if any of his games shipped with software bugs. That did happen, so at Macworld Expo 2000 he got up on a makeshift stage and ate some bugs. The crickets weren't too much trouble but then there was some kind of exotic spider or scorpion or something that tasted so bad he immediately gave up and asked for some wine to wash his mouth out. But the wine could not be found, it had been stolen from the booth. Someone made a confession in game form commemorating this but he didn't think it was particularly funny.

Does this count as a food post

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
^what a bold, bold claim to make to ship software bug free

Woah, I’m almost never around for the first page.

Games of the Month for Flower Rhythm 🌸Remix🌼
Hades
Code Vein
Satisfactory
Graveyard Keeper
Kentucky Route Zero
Final Fantasy Tactics
Yakuza 7

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 1, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not even a little surprised the XIII remake which dropped the literal only thing people fondly remembered about XIII is bad

Grapplejack posted:

oh lol it's on pc game pass but not the consoles

it's 'officially' launching now

Its weird, since its got more/reworked content as part of this release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I had crickets at a Oaxacan restaurant once. The taste in the abstract wasn't bad but I wasn't a fan of the texture, it was like eating shrimp with the shell on

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't like gangtags so I would say avoiding them has been my personal Vietnam.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wanna play the new Yakuza but I didn't order a next gen console.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm so ready for Yakuza 7 but I gotta wait like, 10 days

It's torture, honestly

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
note that the PYF game witches from the previous thread is still in effect, should anyone be inclined

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I wanna play the new Yakuza but I didn't order a next gen console.

Its on current gen, as well. In fact only Xbox has enhancements, playstations wont come for another few months

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is it coming to PC?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Its on current gen, as well. In fact only Xbox has enhancements, playstations wont come for another few months

Ah, I somehow got it in my head that the current gen release was Japan only.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it coming to PC?

November 13 on steam

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There was this neat thing I saw that was like some kind of self-sufficient terrarium where you'd eat the bugs you grow by grinding them up into a rich protein powder. I can't find it but I think it was for mealworms.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

My goal for this month is to finish off Disco Elysium and make headway into another game. Maybe I should get back to Yakuza 0 since the 7 release is making me want to play through them since I know I would love them all!!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

video game post: I think I'm about to start the second Danganronpa investigation and the game is fun so far. The first one I thought was good except for one really obvious clue that gave away the mystery that is in every single investigation game like this (a note that looks like a certain set of numbers/letters but is actually upside-down), but the surrounding investigation involving the "why" was really well-done. I was able to correctly identify every Chekov's Inventory Item and piece the uses together, which felt good

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 1, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To Infinitum & Beyond

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
a whole month to talk poo poo about shadowlands, the ps5, and fairy bread without consequence

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

video game post: I think I'm about to start the second Danganronpa investigation and the game is fun so far. The first one I thought was good except for one really obvious clue that gave away the mystery that is in every single investigation game like this (a note that looks like a certain set of numbers/letters but is actually upside-down), but the surrounding investigation involving the "why" was really well-done. I was able to correctly identify every Chekov's Inventory Item and piece the uses together, which felt good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

waiting patiently to vote for bowsette in the thread poll

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think I stopped around where you are, I should fire up my vita and dive back in.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

sharrrk posted:

waiting patiently to vote for bowsette in the thread poll

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are a lot of really good games coming out in November, plus two brand new consoles. :toot: This is a good time to be a Bowsette fan.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

a counterpoint from raging loop

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Eh i think I’ll skip this generation.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This year has been such a loving nightmare I completely forgot that new consoles were coming out btw

like when I was going over the releases for this month for the OP I remembered new consoles come out this month.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
who cares, yakuza 7

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Yeah I'll wait a year or two before getting a new console. Let it get some more games first.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

YouTube ad ft. a doofus describing the lore to a mobile gacha game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm always slow to buy new consoles, there's usually not a killer app that makes me want to buy one immediately.

Plus, I'd love to wait until a PS5 slim.