Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Will Ospreay thinks Ilja's mannerisms are excessive. Still a crazy good match though. And felt like an actual fight versus a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Will Ospreay thinks

lol, good one!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Will Ospreay thinks Ilja's mannerisms are excessive. Still a crazy good match though. And felt like an actual fight versus a match.

I think this, in a rare case of 'I see where WWE are coming from', is a consequence of being more used to working for a live crowd over a TV audience. It's like a theatre actor vs a TV/film performer. Acting so the people in the cheap seats can get the emotion you're conveying doesn't mean you're a bad actor, but it can seem a bit much when you're in a big close-up in the third act of a romantic-comedy film vs on the stage doing Coward.

Of course, being WWE, their answer to this is 'have talent work in a tiny room for a handful of hardcore fans for 2 years' which definitely trains them to work for the people at home and not the ones in the room at all.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

lol

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I think this, in a rare case of 'I see where WWE are coming from', is a consequence of being more used to working for a live crowd over a TV audience. It's like a theatre actor vs a TV/film performer. Acting so the people in the cheap seats can get the emotion you're conveying doesn't mean you're a bad actor, but it can seem a bit much when you're in a big close-up in the third act of a romantic-comedy film vs on the stage doing Coward.

Of course, being WWE, their answer to this is 'have talent work in a tiny room for a handful of hardcore fans for 2 years' which definitely trains them to work for the people at home and not the ones in the room at all.

To be fair, Ilja was absolutely this over dramatic on the Indies as well

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Neodoomium posted:

Paying the talent out of their downside for their streaming activity absolutely makes it sound like it will be compulsory when they restart it, which is definitely my idea of a good time.

I still can't loving process this. Where's the line guys?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

It doesn't exist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

That's sort of my point though, even ringside, that kind of overacting doesn't read the same as if you have a camera right in the worker's face.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ChrisBTY posted:

According to Ciampa and a few others from the WWE roster, the line is blue. So Vince, in a stroke of genius, had the floors at Titan Tower be painted blue so the workers can't find the line anymore.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It doesn't exist.

I know! I'm wondering when Vince just says 'gently caress it you're all slaves now. If you wanna be on national television you work for free with a smile on your face. If you try to contest the contract in court you'll fail because I'm rich and I buy the law. And then I will have Nia put you through a table 16 times in a row.'

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

J-ru the OP says last month was September

Man I was really loving firing on all cylinders when I posted this, huh? :doh:

KungFu Grip posted:

They never followed up on Gable killing the Shorty G name.

Also BIG E's exciting new world apart from the rest of New Day has consisted of... appearing on a Thunderdome screen watching Kofi and Xavier wrestle, and otherwise not appearing at all.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big E and Sheamus had a good feud that culminated in a really solid falls count anywhere, but they need to get him a program soon. I want to see him against Keith Lee, Roman, Bryan, Sami, really almost any pairing right now. He’d even probably have a good feud with Corbin if it was 2 matches tops and E came out on top both times.

There’s unmined, limitless potential there but who knows what, or what they won’t do with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

feud with Corbin .... 2 matches tops

Vince: I can do 10 times better than that, pal!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

and it still totally owns. he's one of those workers that keeps me ever so slightly still interested in WWE against my will because he's such an intense weirdo.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So wait, did Austin Creed give in on the Twitch thing, too?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He says it's temporary, but yeah, he also shut down his non-UUDD twitch channel

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
New Day have revealed themselves to be such absolute cowards. :|

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE splitting up the New Day and then instantly loving it up was the most obvious call in history.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Let's think about the top men's side faces in WWE
Drew just lost his title
Otis just lost lunch box
Big E just lost his friends
Chad Gable lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I have to give Vince credit. For all the poo poo we give him, he's such a big deal that his wrestlers are willing to sell their rights to recreation for the honor of working for him.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Spiderdrake posted:

Let's think about the top men's side faces in WWE
Drew just lost his title
Otis just lost lunch box
Big E just lost his friends
Chad Gable lol

Is Riddle being positioned as a top face too? If so he lost his first name, keep the list going.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man that WALTER and Ilja match is so good. There's very little downtime too. Just them constantly beating the poo poo out of each other.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Marmaduke! posted:

Is Riddle being positioned as a top face too? If so he lost his first name, keep the list going.

Ricochet lost his dignity

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Would you rather be Ricochet, Shorty GChad Gable, or in Retaliation?!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Hirez posted:

Is this a game of gently caress, marry, kill?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cartridgeblowers posted:

So wait, did Austin Creed give in on the Twitch thing, too?

Yes, so now WWE is doing this

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1323301344866979840?s=19

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’ll be fine being ricochet or Chad, I’ll use my same furniture because I’m short.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Just checking in to see how Peyton Royce's big singles push is going

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
she absolutely killed someone (Lacey?) with her spinning snap brainbuster thing which looked loving great

so naturally she's now teaming with Lacey and losing the last spot on Team Raw to loving Lana

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Haha $125 for 2 minutes with Xavier.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Those meet and greets aren't new. They've been doing them for a while now since COVID. It takes the place of the in person meet and greets they do for live events.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oh. Oh boy.

https://twitter.com/TerraCalaway/status/1323325503521120261?s=20

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He should be flattered, that’s just the kind of dumb redneck thing he’d do.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's okay, he likes Randy Orton as well. (Though he's losing the battle for wall space.)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Hirez posted:

I think that last one might get you in trouble with Keith Lee... (I'm probably getting the name wrong aren't I?)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They made a zombie AJ action figure or video game character once. Kept the tattoos. I was curious if those were the dates his children were born or came back to life.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/yourqueenhann/status/1323342962357620740

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

Haha $125 for 2 minutes with Xavier.

My point is you could do basically a virtual meet n greet for like 3 hours or so with Creed on Twitch before they had him delete it

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hell he’d probably get drunk with you for a whole night if you brought your switch and challenged him to smash bros or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 11/2:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The Thunderdome is now "award-winning and critically acclaimed" according to WWE Commentary.
  • WWE Champion Randy Orton opened the show to say he was better than anyone and it didn't matter who his opponent was. Alexa Bliss came out and showed a glove that said "pain", and Drew McIntyre appeared and Claymore Kicked Orton.
  • Miz tried to cash in the Money in the Bank Briefcase but McIntyre returned and laid both him and John Morrison out. Backstage, Morrison challenged Drew to a handicap match against him and Miz tonight.
  • Jeff Hardy defeated Elias in a Guitar on a Pole match by pinfall after hitting Elias with the guitar but not breaking it. He then broke it after the match.
  • Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (C) defeated Mandy Rose and Dane Brooke to retain the Women's Tag Team Titles. Lana was watching at ringside but didn't get put through a table this week.
  • United States Champion Bobby Lashley defeate 24/7 Champion R-Truth in a match where the 24/7 title wasn't on the line. Lashley beat up Drew Gulak postmatch and put him on top of R-Truth to make Gulak the new 24/7 Champion.
  • Lucha House Party got intimidated backstage by AJ Styles' giant bouncer Jordan Omogbehin.
  • Nia Jax was interviewed backstage and declared Lana should leave the Women's Raw Team for Survivor Series or have her career ended.
  • AJ Styles, Sheamus and Keith Lee argued about who should be captain of the Men's Raw Team for Survivor Series. Braun Strowman wanted to be put on the team and in charge of it, and Adam Pearce told him he needed to win a triple threat against Keith Lee and Sheamus to earn a spot on the team.
  • Braun Strowman won a triple threat match against Keith Lee and Sheamus to earn a sport on the team. There was a brawl postmatch with everybody but AJ Styles getting kicked out of the ring.
  • Angel Garza offered a rose to a "special lady" out there in the WWE universe. Good for him.
  • Drew McIntyre was interviewed backstage and said he wanted the Fiend to "wait in line"
  • On the Firefly Funhouse, Bray Wyatt said,"Oh poo poo."
  • Nia Jax defeated Lana in a singles match, then put her through the announce table.
  • R-Truth almost walked into The Hurt Business backstage and went the other way.
  • The New Day bickered with The Hurt Business during a VIP Lounge segment.
  • Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander defeated The New Day in a non-title match.
  • Nikki Cross met Alexa Bliss backstage and was shocked that Alexa has white and red eyes. Okay.
  • Ricochet defeated Tucker in less than a minute. Tucker got no entrance and is now wearing utterly generic black tights. Retribution showed up post-match and beat up both Tucker AND Ricochet.
  • Sheamus bumped into Drew McIntyre backstage and gave his support for Drew's mission to beat the poo poo out of Randy Orton.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Miz and Morrison in a handicap match.
  • Randy Orton laid out Drew with an RKO, then the Fiend laughed to end the show.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 3, 2020