Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They just promise pushes and then don’t give them. It’s even easier then putting in minimal work to give your talent hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And for a long time, and still true with UFC, they're really the only game in town at that level. Oh sorry, you want to practice your craft at the top level and want to be treated well? Guess you should go topple a monopoly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just realized that there's a PPV tonight lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

They used to do that, but when has it actually happened the last time?

Drew Gulak

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
i was at my in-laws and they have cable and everyone left me alone with the tv. there was nothing else on other than a repeat of smackdown and old episodes of king of the hill (the one where they travel to new orleans and Hank is trying to make a football throw to win a million dollars).

being a giant wrestling fan, i put on smackdown and it was right in the middle of the daniel bryan - jey uso match and i had to turn it off after 5 minutes. the way the show is shot makes you feel insane, the camera cuts feel schizophrenic, they happen for no reason and completely disorient you. and for the split second where the camera isn't cutting, it's zooming in and out. that coupled with the sterile dystopia of the thunderdome was so jarring and upsetting to watch. i like wrestling, i really like daniel bryan and jey uso, and i couldn't handle watching for more than 5 minutes.

but i did get to watch bobby hill being dressed like a new orleans dandy so at least i came out ahead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

explosivo posted:

I’ll watch Drew v Roman and the Askua match tomorrow but other than that it’s all guff.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

explosivo posted:

this gets me every time, nice one

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Oh, oh, wrestlemania, fighting to survive. Are you ready for the survivor series???

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

explosivo posted:

and also next Sunday!

e: oh next next Sunday!

Hirez fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 22, 2020

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I'm going to the bathroom to make a PPV right now.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Backsplash was in June brother

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1330566849415802880

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
im making the survivor series thread

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I just had a dream the Undertaker walked up to me, got on his back, spread his legs and farted directly at me because I made fun of his chud friend online.

Anyway, morning all.

I am once again asking
if this PPV is gonna suck

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hirez posted:

and also next Sunday!

e: oh next next Sunday!

I'm convinced sometimes you guys have to be making this up but I would have no way to know when.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Seth Rollins posted:

im making the survivor series thread

No... don't do it!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I just had a dream the Undertaker walked up to me, got on his back, spread his legs and farted directly at me because I made fun of his chud friend online.

Anyway, morning all.

I am once again asking
if this PPV is gonna suck

It's going to be terrible, but I'm very tired and I'm still hopeful it isn't D2D.

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXSlagowKBQ

Watch Survivor Series “moments” become less and less meaningful over 15 minutes. In the last few years it turns hard into nostalgia, weird bullshit and great performances that were subsequently wasted.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WWE's move toward moments being what matters is the same as Tyrion's "Stories" speech in showing they have no loving diea what they are doing or what actually is memorable and substantial.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Atillo posted:

Watch Survivor Series “moments” become less and less meaningful over 15 minutes. In the last few years it turns hard into nostalgia, weird bullshit and great performances that were subsequently wasted.

This reminded me, whatever happened to Keith Lee?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dimebags Brain posted:

This reminded me, whatever happened to Keith Lee?

Raw team I think

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Atillo posted:

None of those first few moments are that memorable and then we get poo poo like The Undertaker lowering from the rafter as a bat which is the funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

In conclusion: The Survivor Series was always lame.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Raw team I think

Ah well, I'm sure the next NXT call-up will manage to avoid becoming just another guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Ah well, I'm sure the next NXT call-up will manage to avoid becoming just another guy.

Just gotta grab that brass ring!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dimebags Brain posted:

I say we don’t rush to judgement and let’s wait and see. #standupforwwe

So in order to decide Red or Blue: which brand contains the greatest sports entertainer in the world, Shane O’Mac?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shane McMahon is a centrist, which is why his face always turns purple 3 seconds into any physical exertion.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Shane McMahon is a centrist, which is why his face always turns purple 3 seconds into any physical exertion.

Bravo sirrah and bravo to Comrade Shane O’Mac who believes all peoples, both Red and Blue are equals in the struggle against the capitalists who exploit them. If you listen carefully, you might hear his siren call for revolution. It sounds a bit like a manatee.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

Just gotta grab that brass ring!

No no. They don't even bother with that poo poo now. Now it's 'everybody has a role to play'.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

No no. They don't even bother with that poo poo now. Now it's 'everybody has a role to play'.

Holy poo poo, you're right.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is Bo Dallas still employed?

If not, why not? I want to Bo-lieve.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is Bo Dallas still employed?

Yes but i cannot remember the last time he was on any show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

of course they got rid of the brass ring, it got over

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Croc posted:

Yes but i cannot remember the last time he was on any show.

googling says Crown Jewel last year October for televised. He was doing house shows up till December last year

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE doesn't even bother with memorable moments anymore - it's just repetitive nonsense that barely changes from week to week for old people to have on in the background while they're careposting about how trump had the election stolen from him on facebook

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cauliflower jones posted:

i was at my in-laws and they have cable and everyone left me alone with the tv. there was nothing else on other than a repeat of smackdown and old episodes of king of the hill (the one where they travel to new orleans and Hank is trying to make a football throw to win a million dollars).

being a giant wrestling fan, i put on smackdown and it was right in the middle of the daniel bryan - jey uso match and i had to turn it off after 5 minutes. the way the show is shot makes you feel insane, the camera cuts feel schizophrenic, they happen for no reason and completely disorient you. and for the split second where the camera isn't cutting, it's zooming in and out. that coupled with the sterile dystopia of the thunderdome was so jarring and upsetting to watch. i like wrestling, i really like daniel bryan and jey uso, and i couldn't handle watching for more than 5 minutes.

but i did get to watch bobby hill being dressed like a new orleans dandy so at least i came out ahead
There's very few things I'd rather watch that King of the Hill reruns, and Smackdown is definitely not one of them.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Endless Mike posted:

There's very few things I'd rather watch that King of the Hill reruns, and Smackdown is definitely not one of them.

i dont really care for king of the hill at all, but still strong agree

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Your pay-off to Lana getting put through a table every show for two months: https://streamable.com/ij5yw7

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Survivor Series Results 11/22:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • On the pre-show, the Gobbledy Gooker pinned R-Truth to become the new 24/7 Champion.
  • On the pre-show, Miz won the Dual Brand Battle Royal by eliminating Dominik Mysterio last. Mysterio thought he had won after eliminating Chad Gable, because Miz had been hiding. BIG E was not in this match.
  • The Raw Men's Team clean-swept the Smackdown Men's Team to win their Survivor Series match. The entire team celebrated on the same page for the first time since being formed.
  • The order of elimination was: Seth Rollins eliminated by Sheamus; Kevin Owens eliminated by AJ Styles; Baron Corbin eliminated by Matt Riddle; Otis eliminated by Braun Strowman; Jey Uso eliminated by Keith Lee.
  • Raw Tag Champions The Street Profits defeated Smackdown Tag Champions The New Day in a Champions vs. Champions match. BIG E accompanied New Day to the ring despite being on a different brand now. Both teams embraced after the match.
  • Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn was defeated by US Champion Bobby Lashley in a singles match.
  • Universal Champion Roman Reigns quietly told Jey Uso off for his failure earlier tonight.
  • Smackdown Women's Champion Sasha Banks defeated Raw Women's Champion Asuka in a singles match.
  • Akira Tozawa pinned The Gobbledy Gooker to win the 24/7 Championship, and was then pinned himself by R-Truth who regained the title.
  • The Raw Women's Team defeated the Smackdown Women's Team. Lana was the Sole Survivor.
  • The order of elimination was: Bayley eliminated by Peyton Royce; Peyton Royce eliminated by Nattie Neidhart; Nattie eliminated by Lacey Evans; Ruby Riott eliminated by Shayna Baszler; Lacey Evans eliminated by Liv Morgan; Liv Morgan eliminated by Nia Jax; Shayna disqualified for not breaking the hold on Bianca Belair when she was in the ropes; Bianca and Nia Jax both eliminated by countout.
  • Universal Champion Roman Reigns defeated WWE Champion Drew McIntyre by ref stoppage after choking him out following a ref bump, interference by Jey Uso, and a punch on the dick.
  • Roman and Jey embraced post-match on the entrance ramp.
  • Shane McMahon, Big Show, JBL, Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, The Godfather, The Godwins, Savio Vega, Rikishi, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Triple H and Kane came out to stand in the ring for a video package for the Undertaker. When the video package was over, they were all gone and Vince McMahon was in the ring.
  • Undertaker's theme played on a tesla coil or something but it sounded like a kid's casio keyboard with very old batteries in it.
  • Undertaker declared his time has come and it was time to rest in peace. He did the Undertaker pose and they played audio of Paul Bearer and put up a picture of him holding the urn. Piped chants played in for the empty arena during the promo, the GONG sounded and his theme played again.
  • Undertaker ended a 30-year-career by walking slowly up the ramp of an empty building as piped in audio played applause and chants of gratitude over the speakers. He did the arm lift then walked away as the show went off the air.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Survivor Series Results 11/22:
  • Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn was defeated by US Champion Bobby Lashley in a singles match.
  • Universal Champion Roman Reigns quietly told Jey Uso off for his failure earlier tonight.
  • Smackdown Women's Champion Sasha Banks defeated Raw Women's Champion Asuka in a singles match.
  • Akira Tozawa pinned The Gobbledy Gooker to win the 24/7 Championship, and was then pinned himself by R-Truth who regained the title.
  • The Raw Women's Team defeated the Smackdown Women's Team. Lana was the Sole Survivor.
  • The order of elimination was: Bayley eliminated by Peyton Royce; Peyton Royce eliminated by Nattie Neidhart; Nattie eliminated by Lacey Evans; Ruby Riott eliminated by Shayna Baszler; Lacey Evans eliminated by Liv Morgan; Liv Morgan eliminated by Nia Jax; Shayna disqualified for not breaking the hold on Bianca Belair when she was in the ropes; Bianca and Nia Jax both eliminated by countout.
  • Universal Champion Roman Reigns defeated WWE Champion Drew McIntyre by ref stoppage after choking him out following a ref bump, interference by Jey Uso, and a punch on the dick.
  • Roman and Jey embraced post-match on the entrance ramp.
  • Shane McMahon, Big Show, JBL, Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, The Godfather, The Godwins, Savio Vega, Rikishi, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Triple H and Kane came out to stand in the ring for a video package for the Undertaker. When the video package was over, they were all gone and Vince McMahon was in the ring.
  • Undertaker's theme played on a tesla coil or something but it sounded like a kid's casio keyboard with very old batteries in it.
  • Undertaker declared his time has come and it was time to rest in peace. He did the Undertaker pose and they played audio of Paul Bearer and put up a picture of him holding the urn. Piped chants played in for the empty arena during the promo, the GONG sounded and his theme played again.
  • Undertaker ended a 30-year-career by walking slowly up the ramp of an empty building as piped in audio played applause and chants of gratitude over the speakers. He did the arm lift then walked away as the show went off the air.
  • GDT Discussion here.

lol at all of this

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brock should have been there for the Taker send off just so Taker could kick him in the dick one last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
WWE absolutely still does do memorable moments but they are not memorable for good reasons. This thread gets plenty of streamable clips.

Things like the guy who shouted WRESTLEMANIA!!!! and then dove into absolutely nothing. The lady who pretended she was being attacked by bugs for a distraction roll-up and had to go on twitter after the show saying she would never fake a seizure because that would be lovely (thats true). The inexplicable cage dancers at Raw Underground.

I'd certainly consider them memorable moments because I can name them off without even knowing who the performers are.