Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here ya go friends and family:

https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-zelina-vega-made-more-money-on-twitch-than-from-wwe/

quote:

Report: Zelina Vega Made More Money On Twitch Than From WWE

Published 15 minutes ago
Report: Zelina Vega Made More Money On Twitch Than From WWE
Dave Meltzer is reporting on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that Zelina Vega was one of the people within WWE who made more money on social media and Twitch than from her contract with the company.

This comes after WWE announced on Friday that they had released Zelina Vega. Ten minutes before the announcement, Zelina Vega tweeted that she supports unionization.

Meltzer noted that Vega didn’t get rid of her third-party accounts in the timeframe that WWE gave to all talent, and this is reportedly why the SmackDown star was released from her contract:

“So, essentially as everyone knows, the talent was given a timeframe to get rid of their Twitch and Cameo accounts. During that timeframe, Zelina Vega didn’t get rid of it and she opened an OnlyFans account. The backstory on this and it’s funny because one person kind of told me when the thing went down that there are a couple of women that are making more money with their social media than they are making with WWE and they are gonna be real interesting and one of those was Zelina Vega. On her Twitch she’s making a lot of money and so it’s like what do you do in that situation and I think she made her choice and they had to fire her and then right before it got out that she was fired she made a tweet about how she supports unionization which she has said before. I mean it’s not like that’s the first time she said that and that did play into some of it and now.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I hope Paige is next. She doesn't need WWE (I hope).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I need so badly to read RAW results tomorrow and see that Aleister Black was put through a table

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I need so badly to read RAW results tomorrow and see that Aleister Black was put through a table

But by who?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I don't know who is on what show anymore so... Baron Corbin?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DM Punk posted:

I hope Paige is next. She doesn't need WWE (I hope).
They'll keep paying Paige to not sue them, so probably not.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Lars Sullivan, I guess?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

By Lana with Nia putting Lana through the table at the same time

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I guess I get that. I'm just not sure what purpose it served. Like it doesn't take magic or perfect knowledge for the announcers to know what's going on. They just need a monitor or headphones.

But LU was a lot of interesting, different, and ambitious ideas at a time when wrestling was very, very boring. So a lot of that stuff feels weirder in hindsight when at the time it was just kind of fun to see something so different in so many ways.

The prevailing rule in LU was that only everything that happened in the arena was publicly known to everyone. Only characters who were involved in backstage vignettes with one another knew the info in that vignette. If Striker didn't personally see or hear from someone as to why Killshot was pissed at Dante Fox, then he could only take a guess why they were hard tagging during a match. No one personality (except maybe Aerostar) is omniscient on the show. It's different than Michael Cole spelling everything out. Is it better? I dunno. But, it's different.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE commentary is so bad but it's still only third behind their visual production and their writing in things that completely ruin it

Presentation used to be WWE's only real strong suit but over the years it's gotten offensive to the eyes and the ears

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

WWE commentary is so bad but it's still only third behind their visual production and their writing in things that completely ruin it

Presentation used to be WWE's only real strong suit but over the years it's gotten offensive to the eyes and the ears

It really is stunning that the same guy behind the hype packages that revolutionized presentation of matches is responsible for the absolutely atrocious zooming and shaking and wacky wobbling of the WWE cameras nowadays

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

smack down results

When reading about Smackdown results is more exciting than the peak PPV's from over a decade ago, business is NOT hurt.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

rotinaj posted:

It really is stunning that the same guy behind the hype packages that revolutionized presentation of matches is responsible for the absolutely atrocious zooming and shaking and wacky wobbling of the WWE cameras nowadays
I see the above sentiment expressed a lot, but in HBK’s retirement speech he specifically thanked a “red-haired kid named Adam” for all the hype packages over the years. Pretty sure Dunn is in a higher-level production role that has nothing to do with the video packages themselves.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rotinaj posted:

I guarantee you Kevin Dunn had nothing to do with any of that aside from showing them to Vince and taking credit if he liked them or blaming staff if Vince hated them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'd almost guarantee every video package you've ever enjoyed was largely done by some intern or assistant.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kevin Dunn was legitimately one of the best in the sports presentation business in the 90s and early 00s but really didn't react to HD very well.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
In switching to HD WWE has simultaneously switched to an in ring style that's a lot snuger and a camera style designed to hide lack of impact by never letting you focus on impact. It's a remarkable lack of communication between the wrestlers and the people filming it.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Yeah, back in the day at least, it was the likes of Chris Chambers, Dave Sahadi, and the like (the "Adam" would be the Adam from the George and Adam skits, IIRC) who did the video packages. Chambers is still there according to his LinkedIn, but I have no idea ifhis duties have changed or what.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hate to break it to you, but Aleister Black was drafted to Smackdown.

It's easy to forget since he hasn't actually appeared on the show since getting drafted, and it looks like the only he's even been mentioned was Daniel Bryan mentioning how he was looking forward to facing new Superstars like Kevin Owens, Aleister Black, and Apollo Crews before getting beaten by Jey Uso and also disappearing for the past three weeks.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NXT and Smackdown Results for people that wanted them even though they're late:

NXT 11/11
  • Johnny Gargano defended the North American Title in a "random" open challenge by him spinning a wheel. He rigged it so that he'd get jobber Leon Ruff as his opponent.
  • Leon Ruff defeats Johnny Gargano via surprise roll up, becoming the new North American Champion. Former North American Champion, Damien Priest was ringside distracting Gargano.
  • Priest gave Leon his car keys because he knew Gargano would attack Leon back stage later. Gargano stormed to the back looking for Leon and Priest mocked him for being a loser and choke artist. Gargano blamed Priest and William Regal for the open challenge and rigged wheel.
  • Clips of Jake Atlas jumping Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde in the parking lot to get a shot at Santos Escobar's Crusierweight title were shown.
  • Santos Escobar defended his Cruiserweight title against Jake Atlas.
  • Dexter Lumis is in the back drawing a picture of Cameron Grimes being chased by a zombie referee.
  • Xia Li vs. Raquel Gonzalez never happened as Boa, who is aligned to Xia in some way, came out to call off the match. Gonzalez beat him up. While Boa was recovering an old Asian man came out to dark lighting and dragons on the trons. Boa bowed to him and the old man handed him an envelope and drew a black marking on Boa's hand that scared Boa.
  • August Grey, the former Retrosexual Anthony Greene, was getting interviewed backstage about attacking Timothy Thatcher backstage. Thatcher attacked Grey and brawled around the back before Thatcher threw Grey into the drawing Lumis was drawing. Lumis stared down Thatcher as he left.
  • Candice LeRae defeated Toni Storm by cheating. The women in the Scream mask attacked Toni post match and Shotzi Blackheart made the save, but was laid out as well. Indi Hartwell, who praised the Garganos a few weeks ago, was revealed as the Scream mask.
  • Breezango cut a promo about how hard they worked to become NXT Tag Team champions just to have it be stolen by Pat McAfee.
  • Timothy Thatcher defeated Dexter Lumis after Cameron Grimes interfered. Grimes beat down Lumis after the match and put a sack over his head and beat him down more while Grimes said as long as Lumis couldn't stare at him, he wasn't scared.
  • Gargano met with Regal wanting his open challenge match to be reversed. Regal said it was Gargano's idea and rigging the wheel backfired on him. Gargano threw a tantrum.
  • Tomasso Ciampa cuts a promo about wrestling for almost 16 years and about the tough men he's trained under like Killer Kowalski and Harley Race. He said that they were real tough men unlike the so called tough men that are in the locker room now. Ciampa says he's tired of so called tough men complaining and calls himself the Last of a Dying Breed compared to the rest of the modern locker room culture.
  • A promo package hyping up Io Shirai vs Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women's title aired. The match takes place 11/18.
  • Pat McAfee cuts a promo about how proud he is of his boys Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch, and Pete Dunne are for beating down people last few weeks. He talks about how rich and famous he is from football and calls out internet marks and the rednecks down in Florida.
  • Cameron Grimes says he's not afraid of no ghost, ghouls, or zombies. He's a little afraid of Dexter's creepy eyes, but once he blinded him he wasn't scared anymore.
  • Finn Balor returns from injury to talk about his NXT Title and his possible challengers.
  • Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan defended the NXT Tag Titles against Breezango after interference by Pete Dunne and Pat McAfee. Drake Maverick tries jumping McAfee's group for injuring Killian Dain but they take him out easily. Breezango tried to save him but were laid out as well. McAfee celebrates with his partners over Breezango & Maverick bodies to end the show.

Smackdown 11/13
  • Roman Reigns comes out to cut a promo about how everyone around him becomes Relevant. Like his cousin Jey Uso, who went from unknown twin to main event star. Jey beat Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens and is going to lead Team Smackdown to victory at Survivor Series. Reigns is interrupted about how he will beat Randy Orton at Survivor Series by Raw Superstar Drew McIntyre. McIntyre said it will be him vs. Reigns at Survivor Series. Drew says last time him and Reigns were in the ring it was when Drew tossed him out of the ring at the Royal Rumble. He then brings up how last time he was face to face with someone being managed by Paul Heyman he beat Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, a thing Reigns couldn't do. Drew said he became the guy of WWE while Roman vanished and left WWE and the fans high and dry while he took the ball and ran. Reigns says McIntyre is a nobody because he doesn't watch Raw, because no one is watching it now that Reigns is back and he's the Chief on Smackdown. Jey Uso challenged Drew to a match tonight since he was disrespecting Reigns and his family.
  • Roman Reigns yelled at Jey Uso for standing up for him since he's below Roman and not the Head Chief
  • Sami Zayn is in the ring complaining that he has to defend his US title against Apollo Crews on short notice.
  • Sami Zayn retains his US Title against Apollo Crews by count out after tying Apollo's foot up in the ring apron.
  • Adam Pearce said that the match between Drew McIntyre & Jey Uso has to be an Unsanctioned match for some reason since both men are on different brands. McIntyre is okay with that.
  • Rey Mysterio and his family is interviewed backstage about all the things Seth Rollins put him and them through in the final match of this never ending feud.
  • Sasha Banks comes out to cut a promo about getting jumped by Carmella last week. Bayley distracts her, only for Carmella to jump Sasha again. Bayley vanished.
  • Otis is backstage eating three plates of food as Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler mocked him for having no friends anymore since Tucker betrayed him and Mandy Rose is on Raw. Otis flipped his table of food over at them.
  • Otis defeats Dolph Ziggler by pinfall even after multiple run ins by Roode.
  • Seth Rollins and Murphy are plotting backstage about the No Holds Barred match tonight.
  • Otis is raging backstage as Chad Gable comes up to him telling him he needs refinement. Gable gives Otis a flyer for his "Alpha Academy". Otis seems excited about this offer as Gable glares at Otis as he walks away.
  • A video package about all the dumb poo poo between the Mysterios & Rollins/Murphy aired.
  • Rey Mysterio defeats Seth Rollins in what is supposedly the last match in their feud after Murphy turned on Rollins. Rey slipped doing the 619 and won with the Frog Splash. Commentary kept bringing up the anniversary of Eddie Guerrero's death. The Mysterios finally accept 32 year old Murphy dating 19 year old Aaliyah Mysterio.
  • Natalya is arguing with Adam Pearce about why he won't just name her to the women's Survivor Series team since she's a veteran. Pearce said she has a triple threat qualifying match next. Chelsea Green appears behind Adam Pearce touching his shoulder and smiling.
  • A promotion for 30 Years of Undertaker and his Final Farewell at Survivor Series is aired.
  • Seth Rollins is raging backstage and demands a match with Murphy from Adam Pearce. Seth says he's done with the Mysterios even though Murphy is aligned with them now.
  • The triple threat match of Natalya vs. Liv Morgan vs. Tamina, was turned into a fatal four way qualifying match with the debuting Chelsea Green.
  • Liv Morgan wins the spot on the Women's Survivor Series team by pinning Tamina. Chelsea Green broke her wrist falling off the apron in her debut match.
  • Drew McIntyre cuts a promo about his match with Jey Uso saying he'll be sending a message to Roman and Orton.
  • Big E is backstage making a dude do jump rope on a bet, that Big E wins. Street Profits roll up a catering cart to Big E to "apologize" for being habitual line steppers when teasing him about the New Day split and having to face them at Survivor Series. They made three plates of food that look like giant Ls for Big E and the New Day. Street Profits say New Day likes serving pancakes but at Survivor Series they'll be served some Ls, that is if they can retain their titles on Raw against Hurt Business. Street Profits laugh but Big E cuts them off and runs them down as New Day knock offs, store brand New Day, diet New Day, etc., etc. They share an awkward laugh together as Big E walks off Street Profits stop laughing and stare him down.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Jey Uso in the Unsanctioned Match. Roman and McIntyre stared each other down with Roman telling McIntyre to get himself the title if he really wants some at Survivor Series.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 16, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

KungFu Grip posted:

[*]Johnny Gargano defended the North American Title in a "random" open challenge by him spinning a wheel. He rigged it so that he'd get jobber Leon Ruff as his opponent.
[*]Leon Ruff defeats Johnny Gargano via surprise roll up, becoming the new North American Champion.

[*]Rey Mysterio and his family is interviewed backstage about all the things Seth Rollins put him and them through in the final match of this never ending feud.
[*]Rey Mysterio defeats Seth Rollins in what is supposedly the last match in their feud after Murphy turned on Rollins.
[*]Seth Rollins is raging backstage and demands a match with Murphy from Adam Pearce. Seth says he's done with the Mysterios even though Murphy is aligned with them now.
[list]

ahhh thats the stuff.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“Snob teaching slob manners” is one of the basics of comedy, so I can’t wait to see how WWE screws it up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Big E singles push going well I see

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
not only feuding with The Other Black Talent but specifically calling them poor imitations

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince has a metaphorical gun and whatever the opposite of a foot fetish is.
gently caress YOU NEW DAY! HOW DARE YOU BE POPULAR AND FUN! (Unloads a clip into both feet).

Alternately; imagining Vince McMahon's seething hatred towards his son-in-law.
"gently caress you Paul. You think you're some hot poo poo because your loving me-funded mudshow was popular for a few years. You think you're better than me Paul. I poo poo in your mudshow Paul. It is my toilet and everybody in it is my toilet paper. I will poo poo on all of them and them wipe my rear end with them Paul! You were never like me; you think this poo poo matters. All this poo poo is is a way to make money so you don't have to do this poo poo anymore Paul. I tried and I tried and I'M STILL loving STUCK HERE PAUL! I'M 74 YEARS OLD AND THIS loving CARNIE UNIVERSE IS MY ENTIRE LEGACY! MY BEST FRIEND IS loving PRESIDENT AND I'M HIS LITTLE loving CARNIE BUDDY WHO HAS TO BURY HIS HEAD UP HIS rear end! It's bad enough he's better than me. But you Paul. gently caress you Paul. I have nothing left to gain and not enough time left on this loving rock to care about what I lose. I will kill it all and you will inherit ashes. And when I look up from hell and watch you struggle to unburn it hell will become heaven to me. gently caress you Paul. You will be the second-richest man to ever have nothing. No miserable roid monkey who actually drank the Kool-Aid of this poo poo mattering is going to be better than me.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 16, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The diglets are reaching critical mass

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

23 Diglets all using Earthquake in unison. The world cracks open. Thunderdome is consumed by the hungering maw of the planet.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

KungFu Grip posted:

NXT and Smackdown Results for people that wanted them even though they're late:

NXT 11/11

• Tomasso Ciampa cuts a promo about wrestling for almost 16 years and about the tough men he's trained under like Killer Kowalski and Harley Race. He said that they were real tough men unlike the so called tough men that are in the locker room now. Ciampa says he's tired of so called tough men complaining and calls himself the Last of a Dying Breed compared to the rest of the modern locker room culture.

Isn't this an Eddie Kingston nickname?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Yes, Eddie does use that on occasion.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ciampa wishes he was one-third the promo Eddie is, but that's probably just a coincidence

Kinda dark given his head falling off problems though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they both stole that from braun strowman

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They all stole it from Bull Dempsey

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they actually stole it from bull nakano.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given WWE's love of making all the black guys fight/feud with each other. Similarly with latinx wrestlers.

Have they ever had enough Asian wrestlers on their roster at the same time to do the same thing?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

They initially brought in Kaientai to feud with Taka.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 16, 2020

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Hideo Itami and Akira Tozawa got put in a tag team on a brand that did not have tag titles. They would break up and feud with each other.
One is now a ninja and the other was run out of the territory and charged his name.

Edit: They are also doing something strange with the two Chinese wrestlers in NXT right now.

Dr. Baker fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 16, 2020

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Asuka and Kairi would definitely be feuding by now if Kairi hadn't left

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dr. Baker posted:

Hideo Itami and Akira Tozawa got put in a tag team on a brand that did not have tag titles. They would break up and feud with each other.
One is now a ninja and the other was run out of the territory and charged his name.
I thought this was a joke but I guess it happened on 205 live?

quote:

On the January 29 episode of 205 Live, Tozawa defeated Hideo Itami in Itami's final match with the company.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Every time I hear about this particular phenomenon in professional wrestling I remember seeing an episode of South Park years ago where Cartman was playing Cupid and was pairing everybody by race.
"A place for everything, and everything in its place."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Man I think after like 25 or so odd years i’m done with WWE. Been a subscriber since day one in 2013/14? it’s cancelled. Yes hope Bryan and Reigns and Andrade all the women leave. I don’t give a poo poo about anyone else they have.

I probably won’t be in WWE threads anymore because I don’t feel it’s worth my time to hate post/ hate watch/ etc. It’s not even funny it’s just a bad “product” and I loving hate describing art as product, but WWE doesn’t make art even on accident anymore.

You ran me off Vince, you stupid, talentless, punk rear end dork with no taste, talent or ambition. You own the legacy of pro wrestling by accident, in the same way your success was purely accident, born into wealth with just enough snake like rear end kissing mentality to weasel your way into your daddies sphere. Artless, gutless, boring heathen, may your afterlife be damned, brittle, and hot hot hot.

I hope this is my last WWE post!

Love to the community here ya’ll are nice.