Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New name. New man. New beginnings. No problems. It’s simple. Matt Riddle, yeah he’s a poo poo human being.

But Riddle, he is different. He has no skeletons in the closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tweak posted:

Is Lana’s contract up anytime soon? Sure seems like this is an intentional attempt to injury extend it on top of revenge for Miro

She signed for 5 years in 2019.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Report: Thunder Rosa Was Originally Going To Debut In WWE NXT At Halloween Havoc

Another Possible Twist In The Tale That Is Thunder Rosa's Status...

By Aidan Gibbons 3 November, 2020 1:30 PM
Thunder Rosa's future plans have been the talk of the wrestling world over the past week. Dave Meltzer first reported that AEW and WWE were interested in signing the former NWA World Women's Champion. He later added that he was told Rosa dropped the NWA belt because she was looking to go to WWE, but Billy Corgan announced "La Mera Mera" is under contract with the NWA through 2021.

Alex McCarthy has now reported on talkWRESTLING that Rosa was going to debut in NXT at the end of Halloween Havoc but those plans were scrapped.

McCarthy said: "Here's a little bit of a scoop, kind of, for you Will. PWInsider did say that there was somebody who was meant to debut at the end of Halloween Havoc and they were meant to point to Io Shirai and kind of point to the next challenger for the NXT Title…

"Where we're at with this is I've done some digging around and apparently it is Thunder Rosa. She is the woman who is going to be making her debut as soon as these COVID restrictions that she has possibly found herself in - They didn't want to take the risk at Halloween Havoc because of where she had been… So, when all of that is settled, Thunder Rosa will apparently be making the next step to the yellow and black brand."

If Thunder Rosa will join the black and gold brand remains to be seen, but the woman herself said on Busted Open Radio that she would like to be with a promotion that allows her to pursue side projects.

Rosa said: "That's a great question. Because of all the projects that I have on the side, it has to be a place where I'm able to continue to work with what I'm working on. As you guys know, I run and I'm part-owner of Mission Pro Wrestling… And there's so much that I'm working on with other projects that I have with this to make it bigger.

"So, if I'm able to do it in NWA, then with NWA. If I'm able to do it with AEW, probably. But now knowing what WWE is doing with things that we have on the side, it's going to be very difficult for me to work on my personal projects. And sometimes those personal projects are the things that bring you the most joy in life. And I don't want that joy to be taken away from me for money. If that's what I have to sacrifice sometimes, then I'd rather be happy than be a slave."

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-thunder-rosa-was-originally-going-to-debut-in-wwe-nxt-at-halloween-havoc

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’ll always be something as to why ‘X WWE show’ didn’t do well. It’s literally this response on every social media/Reddit account:

“Well that sports game was good and close.”

“Well the news was hot tonight”

“It was a holiday”

“It was a school night”

No offense to any of y’all here, my friends in doom and death, but yeah, WWE is slipping hard. Too many lawsuits, creeps, poo poo booking and too far up its own rear end are the correct answers here.

Peeps are getting tired of it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Anthony Greene got rebranded.

His name is August Grey now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m not right but sometimes I just wonder if these things happen because they know they got you for 5 more years anyway.

It just crossed my mind because the MONTH before Gulak’s contract was set to expire, he was being featured and killing it with Daniel Bryan.

Then he signed his 5 years and welp, he’s back in catering.

Clearly this doesn’t check out at all, but I’m sure that when Big E’s contract is near expiration, creative will have something for him.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

According to a report byFightful Select, WWE made a “phantom call-up” of sorts for Santana Garrett to the main roster earlier this year, except she appears to have disappeared from TV despite being called up. Garrett had made appearances earlier in the year on Monday Night Raw, Main Event, and NXT. However, she later disappeared from TV in the month of May.

Her last TV appearance was on July 1, but she has not been since since that time. WWE creative officials reportedly made pitches to use Santana Garrett as part of a tag team, but they never came to fruition. Other talents who were apparently called up to the main roster, but were ultimately not used on TV, include Chelsea Green and Vanessa Borne. Last month, Green tweeted out that she hasn’t wrestled since May 27.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-update-on-wwe-status-of-santana-garrett/

Don’t feel bad though, she’s a QAnon supporter.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They’re signing for money. It’s a retirement home.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well Zelina just became my favorite wrestler.

Now if you want to see some real baller poo poo, let’s see if anybody else follows.

This was a message to the locker room to not gently caress with Vince imo. She isn’t a big name like Paige. Zelina is viewed as expendable. Paige isn’t.

Definitely some poo poo we won’t know behind the scenes on this one but it’s got “Vince is sending a message” all over it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Critical posted:

Isn't firing someone for mentioning unionization illegal? I know the fuckface Barstool CEO got fined out the rear end for tweeting he would fire anyone discussing a union.

Not that Vince gives a poo poo.

Most of what WWE and other promotions do is illegal. It’s just nobody cares enough with power about it except for rising professional Andrew Wang Yang!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

PWInsider: What led to Zelina Vega’s Release

Multiple WWE sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that today's release of Zelina Vega was fallout from last month's edict that talents drop their relationships with third party entities such as Twitch, Cameo, etc. in favor of World Wrestling Entertainment spearheading those relationships and fielding talents out as part of their contractual duties.

PWInsider.com is told that Vega was informed late this afternoon that she was being released before tonight's Smackdown taping. As we noted earlier, she would be under the traditional 90 day non-compete window, which would keep her from working televised promotions through mid-February 2021.

Vega was not released as a result of her tweet this evening about unionization, as one WWE source stated that word internally of her release came "well before" that Tweet.

WWE sources indicated that Vega had been extremely vocal about maintaining her Twitch account after the edict had been handed down. That lead to some WWE talents who reached out to PWInsider.com tonight wondering if she had been released to "send a message" to everyone else to make sure they follow the company's requests regarding third-party entities. Obviously, WWE is not going to confirm or deny that.

Vega had continued her Twitch streams until announcing she was suspending them on 10/30. That would be the day after a number of talents, including AJ Styles and Xavier Woods, had traveled to Stamford, CT to meet personally with Vince McMahon about the third-party edict but obviously failed to change McMahon's mind.

Vega has already written online that she will be returning to streaming on Twitch, likely under her former ring name, Thea Trinidad.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1327415193907974145?s=20

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1327460731265175552?s=20

Oh drat. First appearance on TV since May too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here ya go friends and family:

https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-zelina-vega-made-more-money-on-twitch-than-from-wwe/

quote:

Report: Zelina Vega Made More Money On Twitch Than From WWE

Published 15 minutes ago
Report: Zelina Vega Made More Money On Twitch Than From WWE
Dave Meltzer is reporting on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that Zelina Vega was one of the people within WWE who made more money on social media and Twitch than from her contract with the company.

This comes after WWE announced on Friday that they had released Zelina Vega. Ten minutes before the announcement, Zelina Vega tweeted that she supports unionization.

Meltzer noted that Vega didn’t get rid of her third-party accounts in the timeframe that WWE gave to all talent, and this is reportedly why the SmackDown star was released from her contract:

“So, essentially as everyone knows, the talent was given a timeframe to get rid of their Twitch and Cameo accounts. During that timeframe, Zelina Vega didn’t get rid of it and she opened an OnlyFans account. The backstory on this and it’s funny because one person kind of told me when the thing went down that there are a couple of women that are making more money with their social media than they are making with WWE and they are gonna be real interesting and one of those was Zelina Vega. On her Twitch she’s making a lot of money and so it’s like what do you do in that situation and I think she made her choice and they had to fire her and then right before it got out that she was fired she made a tweet about how she supports unionization which she has said before. I mean it’s not like that’s the first time she said that and that did play into some of it and now.”

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE in damage control mode now.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/11/16/wwe-zelina-vega-release-twitch-onlyfans

quote:

Zelina Vega Launching OnlyFans Account Was Last Straw for WWE

Zelina Vega was the first WWE performer to be fired for disobeying the company’s new policy on supplemental income streams.

Justin Barrasso23 minutes ago

Early Friday evening, WWE announced the release of Zelina Vega.

As recently as last month, Vega was considered one of WWE’s rising stars. She wrestled Asuka for the Raw women’s championship at Clash of Champions in late September, losing the match but attacking the champ in the aftermath, finally receiving an opportunity to show her worth in-ring as a wrestler after working primarily as a manager.

Vega (29-year-old Thea Trinidad) has prove herself as one of WWE’s most talented and versatile performers since the summer of 2017, especially so in the months following WrestleMania 36. But her value to the company did not exempt her from a controversial new company-wide edict handed down by CEO Vince McMahon earlier this fall banning performers from using platforms like Twitch and Cameo to supplement their income. McMahon threatened that those who were noncompliant with the new restrictions would be subject to a fine, suspension or outright dismissal, and the Trinidad was the first casualty.

So how did we arrive at the point when Trinidad, who was considered a valuable piece in both WWE’s present and future, is no longer a part of the company?

More than just noncompliant with the new company policy, Trinidad directly challenged WWE earlier this month by opening an account on OnlyFans, a site that allows talent to directly interact with their fans. Trinidad’s account features exclusive videos and photos of “cosplays, lingerie, swimsuits and more,” for a monthly subscription fee of $30.

WWE, specifically McMahon, considered this a breach of contract and responded by terminating Trinidad’s contract. Sources close to WWE informed Sports Illustrated that, following discussions regarding Twitch, upper management felt Trinidad boxed them into a difficult situation by opening the OnlyFans account. As unpopular as this new policy is among talent, Trinidad’s dismissal serves as a sobering reminder that the new policy is going to be strictly enforced.

Trinidad is also an active streamer on Twitch, another site included on WWE’s list of banned third-party platforms. Multiple active WWE stars had a presence on Twitch, including AJ Styles and Cesaro. One option for talent to remain on sites like Twitch was to share their account with WWE and make only a fraction of the profit, with receiving a significant portion. Unsurprisingly, this has not been a well-received option.

For WWE, this is a chance to better monetize the streaming world, as well as profit off stars created within WWE. But for Trinidad, as well as WWE personality Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis), who has also been extremely vocal about independently maintaining her Twitch account, it is infringing upon their ability to make money on a platform built outside of WWE.

WWE confirmed to Sports Illustrated that Trinidad was terminated for breaching her contract. Following her termination, Trinidad made headlines on Friday with a tweet that read, “I support unionization,” joining Bevis in floating the possibility of labor organization. WWE performers are independent contractors, though that classification has been the subject of significant criticism, and are not protected by a union.

The new restrictions on supplemental income streams have irked several members of the roster. Last month, a group of wrestlers, including Trinidad, reportedly met with McMahon at WWE’s Connecticut headquarters to express displeasure with the company’s Twitch ban, to no avail.

Trinidad’s firing also raises questions about her husband’s future with WWE. She is married to Aleister Black (35-year-old Tom Budgen), and both have built a following on Twitch. Black is also an enormously talented wrestler yet he has not been a weekly presence on WWE programming since the Oct. 9 edition of Raw, where he lost in a competitive match to Kevin Owens and it was announced he was moving to SmackDown as part of the WWE draft. Sources within WWE have confirmed to Sports Illustrated that Black remains under contract and he remains a part of the SmackDown brand.

WWE has the deepest talent pool in all of wrestling, and the company will continue to thrive even without the Zelina Vega character. That, however, does not change the fact that Trinidad is an exceptionally talented manager and wrestler. Had she remained with the company, Trinidad had unlimited potential, especially at a time when WWE is missing major stars like Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. Trinidad will continue to succeed in wrestling, but no longer will it take place on the wide-reaching stage of WWE.

OnlyFans is viewed by many people as a nudes site and WWE being a publicly-traded company believes this will reflect poorly on them and get them into trouble. While it doesn’t state this, I feel really confident in this being the message they want to tell the public about why Vega was let go.

It’s already being defended by many of the Stand Ups and others as being justified now, which wasn’t the case last week.

Just a personal opinion, but yeah, it’s damage control from their shady BS they’re pulling.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Actually that’s probably true.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah, fans are turning hard already on Zelina from that.

Now, she deserves to be fired for that and it’s completely understandable is the current take (not here of course).

Holy poo poo what a turn. Thankfully, I’m sure she will do just fine streaming and through her sites and having Aleister’s income too.

Just a really lovely PR nightmare she’s gonna be dealing with as the spin goes against her. loving hell.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE Rules of the NOTS:

1) Do NOT use Twitch. It is the Devil.
2) Do NOT use OnlyFans. That is also the Devil.
3) Do NOT use your WWE name in stuff. Use your lesser value crap name instead.

WWE Rules of the DO:

1) DO start your Parler account. That’s good stuff!
2) DO engage with your fans and call them poo poo constantly. Because they are and then thank them for their money and tell them to gently caress all the way off forever teehee!!
3) DO sign your new contract and accept our terms. You’re loving useless and worth poo poo in the world without us if you don’t.

Cheers! <3 :) *winkyface*

Jordan Devlin and Velveteen Dream>Zelina Vega.

Thank you and gosh bless,

THE E

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Big E should start an OnlyFans account to show off his flexibility immediately.

Aleister could do this too! Dude is flexible as gently caress!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

explosivo posted:

I think we all said this when they first announced the twitch thing but everyone fell in line pretty quickly.

Bingo. It’s a very gently caress you, got mine mentality in wrestling, especially here. They hire that type of mentality it seems.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they would have fired her no matter what, she stood up for herself. they're using onlyfans to set the narrative for the Universe to attack Zelina for standing up for herself.

Perfectly spot on.

But I’m gonna need that Aleister OnlyFans now and for him to keep his job too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/RETRIBUTIONMACE/status/1328796990323437572?s=20

:)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Retribution’s gimmick is Reddit/4chan posters. I won’t see it any other way at this point.

Like, this is their actual gimmick. So fresh. So clean.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have been thinking about Undertaker’s retirement match this year. Could be against Roman again.

Also, been giving some heavy thought to his retirement match next year too. Maybe bring back Santino Marella so that he can retire Taker for good.

Then the 2023 retirement match for Undertaker could be against Kane...that would be a good one to retire him forever.

Still thinking about 2024’s retirement opponent. There’s over 600 legends WWE could bring back to put over and retire Taker foreverever and it’s not an easy choice.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

To boost ratings, this year’s Undertaker retirement match will be on NXT on December 2nd.

Next year’s will be on 205 Live going head to head with AEW 3:10 to Yuma on Saturday Nights.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

WWE LOOKING FOR A LEAD WRITER TO OVERSEE RAW AND SMACKDOWN

By Steven Fernandes on 2020-11-18 21:12:00

WWE posted the following job opening:

Lead Writer

WWE develops and produces 52 weeks of original programming including Monday Night RAW, the longest running weekly episodic television show in history airing on USA, and Friday Night SmackDown airing in primetime every Friday night on FOX. Both RAW and SmackDown combine action, drama, reality, comedy and adventure and the goal of the creative team is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television!

The Lead Writer will have the opportunity to manage, mentor, and develop experienced Writers/Producers with a diverse creative background while simultaneously being accountable for compiling, editing, and developing weekly/long term scripts, storylines, and character development.

Key Responsibilities:

Manage a team of Writers/Producers to build compelling stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
Lead writing team discussions in brainstorming and laying out weekly episodes and long-term storylines
Responsible for the development of clearly defined yet emotionally sophisticated characters for a diverse group of WWE Superstars through thought provoking, captivating, and creative storylines
Edit in-ring promos and backstage segments submitted by writing team members for continuity, character consistency, storyline progression and final punch-ups
Compile, write, edit, and take ownership of the drafts for their respective shows weekly, including all promotions, graphics, replays and pop culture references
Constructively mentor and critique individual writers to help develop growth and foster a positive team environment
Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE and Talent Brands
Deftly pitch ideas and stories to executives in weekly creative meetings
Produce and direct Talent in a live television environment on a weekly basis
Collaborate with internal WWE departments as liaisons for the Creative Writing Team
Travel weekly to live taping of RAW or SmackDown as well as Pay-Per View events.
Requirements:

10+ years of TV/Film writing and production experience
Experience supervising a writing team and leading a writer’s room
Experience leading multiple team members and pitching creative to Networks and Executives
Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
Writing and directing reality television a plus
Experience in all aspects of Live TV production a plus
Strong knowledge of WWE shows, talent, storylines, and audience demographic/psychographic
BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or proven experience in lieu of degree
Located in NYC/Stamford, CT area OR able to relocate
https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Stamford-CT--Headquarters/Lead-Writer_R0004016

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/141475/wwe-looking-for-a-lead-writer-to-oversee-raw-and-smackdown.html?p=1

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1329535546146791425?s=20

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I hate to say this, but I don’t think those 50+s or even older viewers who are WWE Ride or Die are into Leon Ruff at all. Just browsing some posts here and there, poor guy seems to be getting the Marko Stunt treatment when he debuted.

I also don’t think this show is any outlier compared to others. People care when they do some big theme show to counter-program and that’s it.

NXT ain’t winning any ratings battle from here on out unless they make it a theme/PPV on Wednesdays. And I doubt they really care.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

gently caress I just remembered they called up Bianca after Wrestlemania and she's spent the last 6 months sitting in catering :(

This falls into the same trap that Chelsea Green falls into.

They see a push and a heavy feature just being mentioned or shown for a second on TV. And that’s good enough!

Many fans see it the same way. Bianca is a star and is showing the power of the women’s division because the camera showed them for 2 seconds.

Bianca deserves way better. Her body ain’t beaten. She has mega strength and stage presence and she needs matches. Like, every other week.

A push in WWE might as well be “HEY THEY ACKNOWLEDGED ME HELLLLLLL YEAH!!!!”

Major roster bloat and can’t do a good job featuring AND developing AND propping up talent who are under the age of 45 (that’s an exaggeration but you get the point).

I wonder if it’s just old, out of touch managers not understanding what to do with people 35 and under. Like, they don’t know what kind of person or a 35 and under is.

I don’t know. Just crosses my mind here.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Leon Ruff has had 12 matches on WWE shows this year, on Main Event, NXT, Smackdown and Raw. He lost 10 of those matches, then won the North American title thanks to interference by Damian Priest, then won his first defense thanks to interference by Damian Priest.

Weird that he's not over... if only there was a wrestling show on Wednesday nights that WWE could look to for a clear guide on how to get jobbers over. Still, a man can dream. A man.... can dream.

Oh I thought he was brand new! Ok good to know all this.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.inquisitr.com/6391238/davey-boy-smith-jr-wwe-return-possible/

quote:

WWE News: Former Champion Claims Return To Company Is ‘Very Possible’ Following Nine-Year Absence

Kieran FisherNovember 19, 2020

WWE

In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, former WWE superstar Davey Boy Smith Jr revealed that a return to the company is “very possible.”

The former Tag Team Champion is currently lining up his options, and he hasn’t ruled out a return to his old stomping grounds. However, he revealed that he hasn’t made a decision as of this writing.

“I have a lot to think about and a lot of options to weigh, but I’m looking forward to seeing what transpires in my future. A return to WWE is very possible.”

Smith, who’s the son of The British Bulldog, returned to the WWE fold earlier this year as part of his father’s Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

While the event was ultimately delayed due to the pandemic, it showed that he has some sort of working relationship with his former employer again.

With the delayed ceremony set to take place in 2021, Smith could be more inclined to join the promotion to ensure that he inducts his father. Should he decide to sign with a major rival, Vince McMahon and co. might be less willing to let him participate at the event.

Since leaving McMahon’s company in 2011, Smith has mastered his craft in companies such as MLW and NJPW. The 35-year-old is now regarded as one of the most respected in-ring performers in the world, which is why he’s a highly sought-after talent.

During the conversation with Sports Illustrated, Smith also revealed that he had plans to work with another company earlier this year. However, they were canceled due to unavoidable circumstances.

“I was also supposed to be touring regularly with All Japan Pro Wrestling. I had a big opportunity with their Champion Carnival tournament in April, but I couldn’t travel to with the pandemic.”

As The Inquisitr previously documented, AEW is also reportedly looking at Smith. The report noted that Tony Khan expressed an interest in recruiting the performer after meeting him at Chris Jericho’s Halloween party this year.

The Inquisitr report also highlighted that Smith has talked about his desire to join AEW in the past. The former Tag Team Champion believes that the promotion’s roster lacks big guys, and he thinks he could fill that void.

During the conversation with Sports Illustrated, Smith explained that wrestling is in his blood, though he cited hard work as the main reason for his success.

According to Smith, he developed a strong work ethic while training under his grandfather, the legendary Stu Hart.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I guess WWE wants to steal some more of his dad's stuff from him?

Oh yeah, I remember he said they did that. He was super pissed about it too.

DBS Jr. has to go back!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

WON: ''Paul Levesque is going through budgets trying to find a way to implement some type of a show that would get more NXT talent ring time and exposure.''

>Paul Levesque is going through budgets trying to find a way to implement some type of a show that would get more NXT talent ring time and exposure. They aren’t going to do house shows but they may add something in some form

Just waiting on AEW to announce exactly when they will first, teehee. ;)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lost their ability to stream, lost their push. Lost their title in 7 seconds to Brock Lesnar.

But they are being featured in hot game Gears 5 of War and therefore are being pushed and it’s all worth it. They are making money. That’s all that counts.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

Asuka still posts youtube videos so either she got permission or she didn't and nobody wants to tell her to stop

She’s too big to get rid of.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

davidbix posted:

Her new WWE Network documentary.

It goes to something that a wrestler said to me the other day: WWE fans are *so* much more cruel to wrestlers on social media than other fans that it's astounding.

Also: That weird WWE dual reality where they acknowledge loving up CJ's life without actually acknowledging it's their fault...it's so hosed up and it creeps me out every time they do something like that in a documentary.

So I don’t watch. Never will. So dumb question:

Majority of what I read on the dreaded social media is that she still wants to be in WWE, just misses Rusev/Miro backstage, is battling wear and tear but fans state that she is being spotlighted and this is all part of the push.

But because she is on TV it’s featured and is a push? Is that how this is operating right now?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is how WWE Brain operates, yes.

You can be on WWE TV literally eating dogshit week after week, but you're on national television, so therefore this is a push.

I figured. Just wanted to ensure I’m not alone in the thinking.

This is a time where it makes me sad there’s only basically 3 North American promotions that you can work at as a professional wrestler. Add in the Japanese market but well, covid still exists.

It’s not like you have a choice on where to go here. You just gotta take it. That really stinks. I didn’t really fully comprehend this even as recent as this year and would be like “WHY THE gently caress DO PEOPLE WANT TO WORK HERE!!?!” but I get it. It pays and you only got here, AEW and Impact.

The rest don’t pay poo poo.

I guess I really hope more promotions take off so options truly are available and maybe another new promotion exists that can offer great pay and that TV time for those looking for the exposure.

3 just ain’t enough yet, but maybe it can be if they can continue to be profitable and offer the same exposure and pay that WWE can. I really do hope for that.

Because this is abusive.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

They used to do that, but when has it actually happened the last time?

Drew Gulak

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

The saddest part is, this will be spun into a positive backstage. And a reason that they do actually give her some success.

"See CJ, I know it hurt getting put through so many tables by a lady that has a history of hurting people and not caring. I know we have had you lose a lot, and by lots so you are seen as a terrible wrestler and someone the audience should not care about. I also know that you were humiliated by the entire match you were just in, and had to endure bullying both on screen and off by the other participants. ... But you won! Which is a good thing. See, we do care about you. Now gently caress off, and don't say that we never do anything for you, coz we have proof that you won."

It's also hugely indicative of "Wins and losses don't matter". Because true enough, she won. But she won by accident, after getting yelled at, and her victory was standing on the steps in "time out". That's not a victory that means anything to Lana, (the character), nor does it mean anything to the fans who you'd think the objective would be to get to care about her one way or the other.

Even ignoring all the pettiness WWE has against Miro, even if Lana is just happy to be in front of a camera, this is no way to treat one of your performers. Especially considering her emotional state as shown in that depressing video of her.

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1330735171793018883?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah most of what I’m reading is that was booked brilliantly.

gently caress if I know, but hey, good for Lana