Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well they're running that angle with Daniel Bryan, you see. (I assume this week's Smackdown is somehow building to him facing Reigns at the PPV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Will Ospreay thinks Ilja's mannerisms are excessive. Still a crazy good match though. And felt like an actual fight versus a match.

I think this, in a rare case of 'I see where WWE are coming from', is a consequence of being more used to working for a live crowd over a TV audience. It's like a theatre actor vs a TV/film performer. Acting so the people in the cheap seats can get the emotion you're conveying doesn't mean you're a bad actor, but it can seem a bit much when you're in a big close-up in the third act of a romantic-comedy film vs on the stage doing Coward.

Of course, being WWE, their answer to this is 'have talent work in a tiny room for a handful of hardcore fans for 2 years' which definitely trains them to work for the people at home and not the ones in the room at all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

To be fair, Ilja was absolutely this over dramatic on the Indies as well

That's sort of my point though, even ringside, that kind of overacting doesn't read the same as if you have a camera right in the worker's face.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

So for the fan who really likes RatM music but isn't comfortable with all that political stuff.

God that was hilarious when Morello was dumpstering chuds on social media who somehow don't understand what 'the machine' is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I don't think the Yakuza games are all that interesting. :colbert:

Can't hear you over my hype for 7.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Man, 4 AAA games I want inside of a month; Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Yakuza and Cyberpunk (assuming it doesn't get loving delayed again).
Too much monies. I'd skip Watch Dogs but I already bought it to keep my mind off the election.
And I've spent a buttload on the new M:TG set to boot. Good thing I only do Christmas shopping for my mom.

See, the pandemic happened right as i was getting into Commander, so I have no one to play against/draft Legends with. (So i just spent a bunch of money to draft Kaladesh on Arena next week)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Like, it's awful that they drafted him over and then parked him, but having the next time he's on TV to be the new buddy of the Street Profits is just enraging

"What's better than one New Day, one on both shows!"