Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm gonna do the rare thing and put over a WWE match, because WALTER/Ilja is a loving masterpiece and you absolutely have to watch it (there are ways to see it without giving Vince money but I'll stay away from :filez: posting).

First off, you don't need to know any complex backstory or watch a dozen NXT UK episodes to know their storyline or motivations -- I never watched NXT UK because duh, but the entire story is told right there in the ring, you can instantly "get it" even before the bell rings. WALTER is at peak Final Boss form here, and if you've seen him on the Brit/Euro scene before NXT UK, you know that Final Boss WALTER is the loving scariest monster in wrestling. On the other side, Ilja's performance is an absolute masterclass -- they should show this in wrestling schools as the perfect version of a fiery underdog babyface. And the match itself is like nothing we've seen in a WWE ring in years, maybe ever -- just beating the tar poo poo out of each other and escalating brutal violence like a 90s All Japan main event. Combine that physical stuff with both guys playing their roles to perfection, and it's just loving incredible, an instant classic nobody saw coming.

It's mostly a joke that Vince doesn't give a poo poo about NXT UK, but even then, I'm still shocked that they got away with it. And they could end up stealing Match of the Year, it's really that good.

Benne fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1324127309272477696

They're gonna ignore the wife-beating stuff aren't they

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Miro has a terminal case of WWE Brain so I take anything he says with a shaker of salt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rollins and Mysterio had a match built around poking someone's eye out and they're still feuding 5 months later

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also: five (5) matches on a three-hour show and three of them had a distraction finish

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The PC will destroy his body long before the big bumps do

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I guess that Onlyfans is paying well?

(before you pervs ask, her OF account is cosplay pics not nudes)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Knowing what we know about WWE's poo poo pay for female talent (especially the NXT talent that got called up without getting new deals), there's a good chance Zelina was making more with her Twitch and Onlyfans than her actual contract.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1327459406540382209

They really do make everybody wrestle the exact loving same

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rhonne posted:

Do you think Vince ever watches other wrestling shows

What does your heart tell you

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does acting in a WWE Studios movie get you an SAG card?

WWE Films was literally created as a scab studio so lol no

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vampiro literally couldn't get through a women's match without sounding like he's jerking off. The commentary is the worst part of LU and a big reason I have a hard time revisiting it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Asuka and Kairi would definitely be feuding by now if Kairi hadn't left

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1329210210477596674

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What the gently caress is an Arturo Ruas

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1329536196746252288?s=19

Goon project: get Undertaker to say Pee is stored in the balls

I'm sure this will go over well with the rank-and-file talent that had to give up their accounts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are they implying that Xia Li has Triad ties or something

(j/k it'll be the Yakuza because in WWE land, China and Japan may as well be the same thing)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine telling yourself 6 years ago that they'd book a Sami Zayn/Daniel Bryan program and nobody will give a poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rey's dipshit, uncharismatic kids are all TV every single week while they can't find anything to do with Aleister Black and Andrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are people still clinging to a 7-year-old irony gimmick to pretend that Bo Dallas isn't the drizzling shits?