Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

They never followed up on Gable killing the Shorty G name.

J-ru the OP says last month was September

Vince probably thinks there is nothing to follow up on and the point of the segment was to make him a short quitter, so an even bigger loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

I clicked around the shop some and found this: Karrion Kross "Time's Up Tick Tock" Back To School Package

literally what the gently caress :psyduck:

If you didn't buy that already planning on shooting your school the bullying you'd get for it would convince you to.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If they keep doing what they did this week and just have him come out and beef it up, I'm fully onboard with Miro.

Edit: gently caress, this isn't the AEW thread!

So apparently Smackdown is going to be up going up against President-Elect Joe Biden holding a press conference, which means Fox is likely to air that instead of the show, and FS1 has a scheduled Nascar race so Smackdown might just get pre-empted entirely or end up on FS2.

Smackdown losing to aew on a technically would be kinda funny. I'd chuckle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Foley as Biden made me chuckle when he got dragged into the pin

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yep, Fightful. It's saying that when some wwe stars attended double or nothing that was their first covid test. The implication being that wwe was letting people work without being tested.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good luck to him, he seems very much not wwe material so he'll either kill it or we won't see him for 5 years

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And the "it's just wrestling, who gives a poo poo about those carnies?" Does the job for wwe again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every match is scripted so Miz made the smart move. Otherwise Vince would be mad at him for going off script. Now it's Bray's fault for not following the script. Just cult life stuff.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If anything that makes Big E look small and the rest of the New Day look big.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Filling the group with the worst internet poisoned reddit trolls really was making a bad decision on top of a bad decision.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

How long do you think it takes the, to convert their tweets to those ASCII characters?

M̸̠͍̪̓̈́͛y̸͇͖̾̕͜͝ b̵̡̘̟̈́͒͝r̵̻̼͕̔͛͝o̸̢͚̠͌̾͝t̵͔͓͇͌̓͝h̵͖͉͕͛̈́͘e̴͖̫̻̓̈́̾r̵͎̦̿̔͑͜ s̵̞̔͒̕͜l̵͕̫̺̓́̕a̸͉̙̙͌͑͛p̵͓̼̟̒͒̿j̸̠͇͇̾͊̈́a̸̙̐͑͘͜c̴̝̺̝͋͐̀k̴̺̘̝̈́̓̓

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, is just Lumis wearing the hood? Oh no they're going to try to make him look cool and it will be super lame

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

Her new WWE Network documentary.

It goes to something that a wrestler said to me the other day: WWE fans are *so* much more cruel to wrestlers on social media than other fans that it's astounding.

Also: That weird WWE dual reality where they acknowledge loving up CJ's life without actually acknowledging it's their fault...it's so hosed up and it creeps me out every time they do something like that in a documentary.

It's a cult. Cults attack anyone in it who isn't 110% dedicated and the worst fans think they're also in the cult.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And for a long time, and still true with UFC, they're really the only game in town at that level. Oh sorry, you want to practice your craft at the top level and want to be treated well? Guess you should go topple a monopoly.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just the front of his hair looks like a piece

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I remember being at indie shows and Keith Lee getting huge chants for just like milling around in the crowd when his match wasn't on. Dude has all the potential and they're wwe-ing him hard.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just keeping kayfabe, everyone knows magic isn't real

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Am I correct that he said part of his re-signing was that he'd get his butt rock entrance music back?

Can anyone here confirm or deny this??

I kind of remember that, yeah. He was excited to get his old music back

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's like those stories of people who come to the US but end up in really abusive jobs at like a nail salon except you know, it's a company worth billions and with TV contacts.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have a vague memory of even Baszler getting extra makeup and a bit of a changed up look when she hit the main roster. Either way the change in their look was often the worst part of women being called up. One of the best parts of NXT was when they didn't have all of Vince's hangups on what a wrestler looks like.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They could all be 20 and getting pushed and would still be working a 75 year old man's idea of "good poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m not going to look up the ages of the NXT roster because they have about 80 people assigned to that brand, but it’s surprising how many guys there are in their Mid to late 30s already. There’s some young guys to be fair, but lots of guys that they should have pulled the trigger on by now too.

WWE's stranglehold for so long on wrestling is probably responsible for so many what ifs. So many people with real potential who just never got used.