Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the Riddle thing, you guys have it all wrong. He just likes to have fun bro. And what could be more fun than losing one of your names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A question:

Do many of the paid shills in the Thunderdome actively wear and display WWE branded merch on their screens?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

CobiWann posted:

If Elias ever covered it, my brain would finally break.

I think Elias should expand his musical artisty into Prog-Rock a la The Alan Parsons Project.

Why? Coz.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Here's something I just thought of.

Now the ways in which Cesaro has been criminally misused/underutilized by WWE are many and varied, I thought of a new one.

Why has WWE never tried to take advantage of his "dad joke" goofy persona? I mean they had Becky Lynch having fun being all punny and silly for a time. Surely they could have whacked Cesaro in there with her. They are even both very similar in Vince/WWE's eyes. (Foreign, talk funny, creative can't possibly make these athletic, charismatic people over etc.)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Whilst I suppose it is their personal business, and none of ours as fans, but is there a thread/list/database of wrestlers and their good/bad/indifferent political opinions?

i.e. Sami Zayn = good.
That Qanon referee = bad.
etc.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

the escape goat posted:

she's been put through a table every single week since Miro's been on AEW, right?

this is loving insane.

What would stop it though?

Serious question. Lets say Miro quits AEW, and makes a public, "I am sorry for trying to make a living in my chosen profession after being fired, Please forgive me Vince." apology. Would he stop trying to injure his wife then?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

What're the odds that Lana also gets blamed for not getting over as a babyface, (as this is apparently supposed to do), by getting put through a table every week.

And rightly so. Because who amongst us doesn't want to cheer for a woman who constantly loses and her opponent constantly tries to injure her by breaking furniture?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

So....

Week 1 - Tucker betrays Otis
Week 2 - Tucker is drafted to a different show, jobs to jobber Ricochet in 30 seconds
Week 3 - Tucker is now one of the goobers who chases R-Truth around for the 24/7 Title

Man, WWE just knows how to make stars.

Nah this is WWE tag team 101.

Tucker is the Janetty, Otis is Micheals, but sexier.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

When is the last time WWE has broken up any tag team or stable and it actually led to better things?

Edge and Christian.

Edge became the superstar we all know and love.

Christian, even though WWE tried to de-push him, still got to do a lot of cool things and show cool character, and got a cool theme tune which said that at last he was on his own.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Is the fact the Chelsea Green hasn't wrestled since May some sort of punishment for her fiancee having dared to find another job after being sacked? Is it punishment for her telling WWE to gently caress off when they asked to use the pool in their house to film something for free?

Or is it bog standard incompetence and them forgetting about people?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Lid posted:

Tommy End is Moxley tier of "clearly a main eventer you can build a company on with cross-audience appeal beyond wrestling" that they have hosed up to an insane degree. Even more than Moxley he has that intangible "it" that is plain as day to everyone whose seen him for more than thirty seconds. The question is if they realise that might happen and thus lock him down because they cant have people getting over elsewhere.

Counterpoint: He's foreign and speaks perfect English with a slight accent.

How can he overcome such hurdles?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Political question:

Did Linda do a single thing during her time as Secretary of Small Business? Anything at all? Productive or destructive?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Does acting in a WWE Studios movie get you an SAG card?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Akileese posted:

I'm sure he'll get out eventually but his move to NXT was denied according to the article. It's amazing how vile this company is. They're making Scrooge McDuck levels of money by just EXISTING and putting out a product that is arguably as lovely or even shittier than the same one murdered WCW less than 20 years ago. But nope, gotta squeeze every fuckin penny out of your talent because gently caress you that's why.

Thing is, they aren't making a cent off of Aleister Black. They are literally leaving money on the table by mis/underusing him.

They denied his request out of petty spite. Due to combinations of: 1)he is consorting with the filthy communist union organizer Zelina, 2)he dared to not be fully "happy to be here" and tried to ask for something, and 3) incomprehensible Vince reasons.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I need so badly to read RAW results tomorrow and see that Aleister Black was put through a table

But by who?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Given WWE's love of making all the black guys fight/feud with each other. Similarly with latinx wrestlers.

Have they ever had enough Asian wrestlers on their roster at the same time to do the same thing?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Serious question:
How come Ali doesn't get a mask like the rest of Retribution?

Less Serious question:
Why doesn't Ali get a new silly name like the rest of Retribution?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results 11/16:

• The New Day told The Hurt Business that they should be called The Jerk Business. They weren't eating lots of shrimp during this segment though.

Well, this kinda proves that The New Day don't have the creative freedom they once had, and Vince is back writing comedy gold for them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Is the Miz/Bray stuff going to be Miz vs the Fiend, or Miz vs Sweater Bray again?

Also, as another Bray related question. Has Wobbly Walrus done said anything yet? Or has he, by his very existance, humiliated Paul Heyman enough to satiate Vince's humour?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This promo, and the video package that accompanies it, is very good.
Sami is also very good.

I apologize for my controversial opinons

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

CarlCX posted:

They are. The men's match is:

Raw: AJ Styles, Keith Lee, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, Matt Riddle
Smackdown: Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, King Corbin, Seth Rollins, Otis

And the women's match is:

Raw: Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Lacey Evans, Peyton Royce, Lana
Smackdown: Bayley, Ruby Riott, Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan, Natalya

So, y'know, have fun with that.

Can you put someone on your own team through a table.

Also on the womens Raw team. Has Billie Kay done anything post forced split with Peyton Royce? Why was Peyton the one to get a "push", rather than the funny, loud, cool member of the team?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Sasha's role in Mandalorian is actually under her real name so that's probably why they don't want to talk about it.

You mean the one that WWE also owns if/when she gets a twitch?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Mace, (from retribution), is poo poo. I watch UpUpDownDown, and he is a knob. No fun, not charismatic, but he thinks he is both.

I boo him and all he stands for.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Is Bo Dallas still employed?

If not, why not? I want to Bo-lieve.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The saddest part is, this will be spun into a positive backstage. And a reason that they do actually give her some success.

"See CJ, I know it hurt getting put through so many tables by a lady that has a history of hurting people and not caring. I know we have had you lose a lot, and by lots so you are seen as a terrible wrestler and someone the audience should not care about. I also know that you were humiliated by the entire match you were just in, and had to endure bullying both on screen and off by the other participants. ... But you won! Which is a good thing. See, we do care about you. Now gently caress off, and don't say that we never do anything for you, coz we have proof that you won."

It's also hugely indicative of "Wins and losses don't matter". Because true enough, she won. But she won by accident, after getting yelled at, and her victory was standing on the steps in "time out". That's not a victory that means anything to Lana, (the character), nor does it mean anything to the fans who you'd think the objective would be to get to care about her one way or the other.

Even ignoring all the pettiness WWE has against Miro, even if Lana is just happy to be in front of a camera, this is no way to treat one of your performers. Especially considering her emotional state as shown in that depressing video of her.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I really really wanted to like The Fiend.

I think the idea of a wrestling Mr. Rogers battling the Evil within him was interesting. I liked the initial Firefly Funhouse vignettes where it was all about how Bray had won the war against his bad side and now was goody goody, but always had to be vigilant against the darkness etc. They were different and I thought would lead to something cool. I even wanted to like Alexa the Fiendess. The seductive power of darkness, leading to a redemption story where her friends can either bring back her innocence through friendship, (or in my own warped fantasy booking, sweaterBray sacrifices himself to allow innocent Alexa to escape).

All of those things would have been ace, and fitting with the tone of the Firefly Funhouse match with Cena. Which I don't think I am alone in thinking was good TV, and a good story.

Alas, none of what I had hoped for arose. The Fiend became just a spoopy baddie, who can be beaten with wrestling moves. The Firefly Funhouse lost it's charm, wit, and energy and started spouting Vince-esque catchphrases. They hinted at the duality of Fiend/Bray by having sweaterBray fight Miz. But that turned out a lot shitter than anyone could have expected, and was never seen again. And the Alexa stuff is just Alexa going "I'm spoopy and evil now.". Although there is still time for them to do a friends-bring-real-Alexa-back story.

Long story short - Fiend was cool at first and had potential to be cool later on, but it all fell into poo poo, and poo poo that they are continuing to drag around and stain others with long after it should have been thrown away.

Thank you for listening to my rant. I'll have a Whopper and a Medium Fanta.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Benne posted:

Are they implying that Xia Li has Triad ties or something

(j/k it'll be the Yakuza because in WWE land, China and Japan may as well be the same thing)

I was wondering the same, and also just how racist the WWE will make it if/when either gets bumped up to the main roster.

edit:

bartok posted:

WWE has two responses when something gets over organically. Squash it immediately or run it into the ground there is no middle ground with WWE.

You forgot wait until it has long since past, and everyone has forgotten about it, then re-do it and try to claim it was WWE's idea all along.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Apropos of nothing:

Bayley is cool.

That is all.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Coming up with Carlito and Mister Kennedy and being part of that lost generation that will never be inducted into the WWE hall of fame and poo poo

Whilst I am a huge Carlito fan, calling him Hall of Fame worthy is a big big leap. And Mr. Kennedy wasn't even half as good as Carlito.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I still BO-lieve.

edit: To serious post clarify. The character of a smiley heel-who-doesn't-know-they-are-a-heel is entertaining to me. And the slow burn, (or long term storytelling if you will), of the happy smiley guy who underneath it all is a petty, mean spirited arsehole but papering it over with a performative grin could be great. As the wrestler shows glimpses of arseholery over time till they finally snap, and become a meanie.

But has been said before WWE won't do that, so we got Bo losing his long, (and fun), streak to R-Truth with no fanfare and getting shunted away.

I also liked him as part of The Social Outcasts and The B team. He was entertaining in the role, (as I saw it, and this is slightly simplifying his character), as the goofy annoying younger brother hanger-on. Him and Axel were very fun together.

In short, Bo Dallas could have been a very fun part of the midcard.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 30, 2020

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

If I may continue with the Bo Dallas talk for a second.

The worst part of the BO-Lieve run was how they ended it with such a damp squib. They had R-Truth beat him twice in a row, with no fanfare, no storyline, no angle at all. And then it was back to normal. Bo was just another low undercarder wasting his time in catering.

Even at the time it annoyed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Optimistic heel is a good character. The spot listed above would make me laugh pretty hard.

Optimistic Heel is indeed a good character.

But I'm surprised we don't also see Condescending Heel.

I.E. After a Heel beats an opponent, (preferably after a squash match), the heel gives them a patronizing pat on the back and a "good job sport, some of those punches you threw at me almost hurt. Maybe if you train a little bit harder you could end up quite a decent wrestler." kind of thing.