Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is the men's SDL team done? I assumed Chad would be pinned by Lars for the spot

and then pinned again, and again, and then sometime in 2021 he gets a win. This is how you make a face, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Let's think about the top men's side faces in WWE
Drew just lost his title
Otis just lost lunch box
Big E just lost his friends
Chad Gable lol

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

flatluigi posted:

miro just wants to try something different than what he was for, like, his entire career up to now

maybe eventually it'll turn out that it's the wrong thing for him and he'll go back to something like he used to do, but I don't hold it against him for trying poo poo
Yeah, 100% this. Wrestlers should be allowed to try stuff, they're people, not a product.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

Meltzer also reported some of the people being fired were considered problem cases or complainers.
I'm always kinda surprised there wasn't more about this. There was never word that Miro finished his negotiations that were supposedly on going. Cardona claimed he hadn't either when they canned him, and the Good Brothers might have been a revenge firing. Tay implied she'd been complaining.

The narrative was instantly that all these people were fired for cost cutting reasons and it buried any discussion otherwise. And we all know the reason given is completely false.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't like one of the nicknames he tried and that's alright, I'm sure many people do
Yeah I'm sorry if I painted decrying the gimmick in a needlessly negative light.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hirez posted:

I wonder when Trump is gonna show up on Smackdown... before he leaves office? maybe the real leader of Retribution?!
When's the right time to do the divorce storyline, you know Vince is quite into that!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

I cannot begin to state how obvious it was that splitting Big E off from the New Day was going to result in exactly what has happened: Him doing nothing and him hanging out with the other black dudes.

The least surprising result of anything ever.
Nah it's 0.04% less surprising than Chad Gable cutting a promo about how his time is now and then shortman go in catering now that we're done mocking you.

Big E not being built up at this point is really loving stupid is the thing. Even if your goal is to short feud feed him to Roman, that program is custom made to enrage people.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I know Darby Allin has fallen in favor deservedly but his line about how he thinks WWE would have him "doing promos jerking off in the boiler room" is perfect insight on how Aleister Black was, has and will be treated.

Andrade I think went out for minor surgery or something since Charlotte is out as well. Or he's taking care of her, or vice versa.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I want him coming out with TH2, now led by Thea, and they all come out dancing then he sort of shuffles out with no groove but smiling anyway

and then destroying people

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ciampa wishes he was one-third the promo Eddie is, but that's probably just a coincidence

Kinda dark given his head falling off problems though

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dr. Baker posted:

Hideo Itami and Akira Tozawa got put in a tag team on a brand that did not have tag titles. They would break up and feud with each other.
One is now a ninja and the other was run out of the territory and charged his name.
I thought this was a joke but I guess it happened on 205 live?

quote:

On the January 29 episode of 205 Live, Tozawa defeated Hideo Itami in Itami's final match with the company.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Or it's just a weird rip off of the dark order where their brodie didn't get a special numbers thing and also no mask

But that might just be a coincidence it's hard to tell which part of what got into the lovely WWE gimmick DNA

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Grendels Dad posted:

They weren't sure if Roman was still going to be heel at Survivor Series, so they wanted to have a heel to face him. Now that they are reasonably sure, it can be a face in Drew.

Plans still might change on Friday.
Failing that it feels entirely likely they forgot about Survivor Series while planning Orton vs Edge at (presumed) mania, realized they were doing heel vs heel and changed it around so soon Orton will win it again. I mean how many of us forgot Survivor Series was this close?

Has Sami lost his yet? Then again, Lashley is usually something of a tweener.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

oh but seriously I posted:

I've always thought a brown Undertaker called The Gravytaker would be a good gimmick. His catchphrase would be growling "I take-er your gravy" in a spooky dead man voice
Gravy boat match writes itself

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Weird that Rhea losing clean to Charlotte Flair after Charlotte spent the entire feud saying she was just naturally better than Rhea in every way did NOT end up making Rhea a bigger star? :confused:
The whole progression is just such insanely bad booking. Please never forget they buried Bianca in the build from the rumble as well. Blech.

And I'm not bagging on Charlotte for being poisoned and needing time off, to be clear, but it seriously feels like they have no idea what they're doing when it comes to plans and NXT. She's gone til the rumble according to rumor, so they did all that for actual nothing. I don't know if I'd put this in the same tier as "putting the belt on guy with arm falling off" but it all just feels so dumb.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I had forgotten that, yeah. gently caress, what the hell were they thinking? Didn't Triple H claim,"Wait for the end of the story, it'll all make sense!" and then the end of the story was just,"Charlotte wins, then fucks off. The end."?
I wasn't following NXT at the time (for obvious reasons, NXT sucks) but wait was this

quote:

A match between the two was scheduled for the next episode of NXT, where Flair would get the victory and would injure Belair's ankle with a chair after the match before Ripley would run-in and chase Flair away. Also, this turned out to be Belair's last match in NXT
the infamous Ripley full intro / stomp run-in?

How are they so good at making everyone look so bad?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can't keep track of them, is DBS Jr a total shitter person or so-so?

I think his dad was real bad news?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TBH Vince can't hold that many ideas in his head so I assume the Big E stuff is planned for after Survivor Series since they're feeding Drew to Roman first.

Then Big E, then Otis, then Roman loses to a returning Brock or whatever. Whatever happens, we're not gonna like it anyway.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also on the womens Raw team. Has Billie Kay done anything post forced split with Peyton Royce? Why was Peyton the one to get a "push", rather than the funny, loud, cool member of the team?
Blonde would be the theory I'd present

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

The Undertaker is so lovely and lame that I am glad he got a fitting send off.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

I think he maybe held the US title once? Corbin’s main role seems to be what Ziggler’s used to be. Mid-Card gatekeeper and first feud for NXT call-ups.

He’s someone who should be a bigger deal on paper, but he’s just so uninspiring that he can never get over the hump. He’s just the most generic heel. Not interesting enough to be liked, but not evil or charismatic enough to build a character with real heat like an MJF. The only reaction seems to be bored indifference.
There's a pretty strict difference between "bum fighter skid row Corbin" who was kinda cool and kinda intimidating and then the modern version of him where he's a swarmy waiter who they trot out to have boring garbage feuds over nothing.

If you put MJF in that stupid outfit and had him hang out with Roode and Ziggler (or whatever) as his 'muscle' you'd deflate him too.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

iirc they weren’t doing 5 year deals then so presumably he has signed anew
New deals are usually signed when they go main roster so the assumption here would be counting from feb 2019.

I don't remember if that's after the 5 year thing started to kick in. I feel like he might have a three, so early 2022 maybe?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pylons posted:

Those people are fools. NXT benefits right now by building people up and then cooling them down to send off to the main roster. Without that kind of emergency release valve Triple H is a lovely booker.
You're describing NXT now though?

HHH also doesn't know when to loving stop with what good ideas he does have. DIY ruined NXT for me, but TUE in... Is it every wargames?... is just atrocious.

Oh, and they've lost all but the first one except Roderick Strong lost that one so Roddy has lost all the wargames

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pylons posted:

That's more or less my point though.
I'm saying you're right but already right. NXT performers are floundering or stuck in weird feuds. The conversation about Ripley is emblematic.

Or their arms fall off mid-match. We can already see the future of WWE now: disregard for performer health, injuries, endless feuds and losing to AEW.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm kind of shocked we haven't started doing HHH retirement matches

Like, why not win a war games by yourself, Paul? Do a spot where you pedigree an entire team one after the other while HBK cries on announcing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I'm not sure the last... How far back was it Seth had a match with Lacey Evans punching his balls? It was all rapidly downhill from the Corbin feud.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sigma posted:

Ricochet’s ceiling is basically Saturday Morning Slam
This reminds me of a quip from the discord

Perfect summary

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Bar was good when they're weren't being embarrassed for being in the tag division

I kinda liked how they didn't really fit or have a theme other than being buddies

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheKingslayer posted:

I've been a fan of Sheamus since that time he yelled, "We aren't watching that shite!" in response to Rusev saying they were going to watch Total Divas.

I think that was Rusev anyway.
It was Rusev wanting to watch it again

https://twitter.com/bornthisrich/status/1042597820212174848

It's in here, loving twitter links

Sheamus owns

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Procrastinator posted:

the best of 7 series that ended in a draw. lmao.
It ended with DA BAR, WHO SET DA BAR, WE ARE BAR, ARMBAR, something I forget.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

Do those thunder dome shmucks get a live stream of the show?
I believe they did, yes, but rumor is/was they collected enough recordings to just replay earlier thunderdomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Connection to Braun is more interesting than "FIEND == ROGERS+JOKER" and bliss just being his harley quinn or something

I don't know, it sucks