Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

You know, I always think of goons as actual people who are limited by normal people things. As a result, I cannot imagine how you managed this shot. It looks like a long exposure but from what location? A drone?
All the photo's you posted are stunning but this one I would like to know more about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I wish I had anything nearly as good to offer but you'll have to live with these.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Internet Explorer posted:

I've seen cool pictures of bugs eyes up close before, but that's a really wonderful shot (composition?) that does a great job of showing the eyes in detail while still having a lot else going on. Very, very cool!

Thanks, a lot of bugs are photographed dead and mounted hence there's not much else going on, I try to photograph them alive and active so you see them living their bug lives.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Keetron posted:

You know, I always think of goons as actual people who are limited by normal people things. As a result, I cannot imagine how you managed this shot. It looks like a long exposure but from what location? A drone?
All the photo's you posted are stunning but this one I would like to know more about.

That's very kind, but I'm afraid the reality will disappoint you! I simply live in a very hilly place :D
If you're willing to brave the twisty, bumpy, narrow, goat- and cow-filled roads, there are many spectacular views to be found. That photo is indeed a long (20s) exposure, taken last year during comet Neowise's visit to our neighborhood. It was late at night and the only sound you could hear was from a river miles away.

Here's another view from a place pretty close* to the previous one:
*if you're traveling by helicopter

gschmidl posted:

I wish I had anything nearly as good to offer but you'll have to live with these.

Those mountains are very much my jam

jarlywarly posted:

Thanks, a lot of bugs are photographed dead and mounted hence there's not much else going on, I try to photograph them alive and active so you see them living their bug lives.

That kind of thing (and freezing them, too) is a disgrace to our art, but I'd be lying if I said I never photograph dead bugs

seravid fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 21, 2021

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Been shooting religious stuff lately...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not a "good photographer" by any stretch, but here are three pictures I took that I'm proud of.

Paris 2018

Chicago 2016

Zion nat'l park 2016

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm in the middle of shooting lots of things but here's a thing I finished this year in Crows Nest in Queensland Australia.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Digital Prophet posted:

I sort of fell in love with pixel art- something I had never made before. that got me interested in GBstudio so I started working on my own gameboy game, inspired by Shadowgate, but a zombie survival point-and-click game instead of a fantasy thing:

I just wanted to say these look amazing. The perspectives and highlights really wring a lot out of the green-tinged OG gameboy pixel art.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
here's a random assortment from 10+ years ago and some from the last couple years in no particular order

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Twenties Superstar posted:

here's a random assortment from 10+ years ago and some from the last couple years in no particular order

Those are all dope but these two are tickling my brain just right

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

yeah, thats good poo poo twenties superstar

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

some great stuff has been posted so far

some pictures from my "travels"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I've got a bunch of photos from when I used to live around the countryside in Western Australia.

This one was taken on 40mm BW film and I developed it myself. I haven't used film in some time now, it's weird to believe I ever did it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It is complete

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
that headstone is incredible.

I'm super pleased to announce that a trio of boss goons helped me record a table read of a theatrical script i wrote: https://kiwi6.com/artists/PhizKalifa/the-nostromo-rule thanks to fleta, teenwitch, and boldfrankensteinmir! if you like sci-fi or comedy you'll like this. it's part of a longer serial work designed to be performed serially over zoom.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok post your pictures quick because the traveling circus is on its way to its next mystery destination

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hello PYF! Please Post Your Favourite cool poo poo you've done, or been involved with!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Made this a few days ago:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chernabog posted:

This is freaking awesome, goon.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Chernabog posted:

wanna know where this guy's going, i am interigued

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

biosterous posted:

wanna know where this guy's going, i am interigued

Places.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

To the main character's next destination obviously.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'll give this a few more days then move it on, pyf I believe in you, unlock your treasure cabinets

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I made a pizza peel for my parents the other... month? Who knows anymore.

(yes, I know, I have dusted since)

Walnut and maple, finished first with mineral oil and then a beeswax and walnut oil paste. It's way too heavy to be practical but I'm pretty sure my parents would only display it regardless so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I've been painting birds this past year. A reason to actually use my tablet and do something for myself.

Poor Miserable Gurgi fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 29, 2021

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Whaaat!?! Those are loving cool!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Internet Explorer posted:

Whaaat!?! Those are loving cool!

:amen:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Thanks, folks! I was pretty happy how those turned out.

Also, that's some beautiful wood on that peel.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I legit thought the first one, with the snake wrapped around it's head, was a photo for a split second. It's an amazing image.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I've been painting birds this past year. A reason to actually use my tablet and do something for myself.

these are really beautiful especially the parrots!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

These are incredible.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I just started to learn crochet. I made a thing.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

these are so good!

pls post more bird

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

sugar mouse posted:

I just started to learn crochet. I made a thing.

i fear this creature, and yet i... i hope it is safe? it cries out to me for comfort. this disquiets me.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Enfys posted:

these are so good!

pls post more bird

Thanks so much. Here's a couple more birds:

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i fear this creature, and yet i... i hope it is safe? it cries out to me for comfort. this disquiets me.

Yeah that's pretty much everyone's reaction. Can't promise too much safety, I have two cats. I'll keep an eye on him for you.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Thank you.

I was struggling for words to describe my internal conflict.

And nausea.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Thanks, folks! I was pretty happy how those turned out.

Also, that's some beautiful wood on that peel.

It really is -- I find that the less I do to the wood stock, the better the final product.

Fantastic birds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wryx
May 25, 2011

PYF! My home!

I make pixel art!! I haven't made a lot this year due to the Stress Of Things, but I did manage to finish this recently.