Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I've been making Danishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Some solid looking danishes there!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I struggle a lot creatively and self deprecate about how I am not an artistic person at all. I don't play musical instruments, I can passably get by carrying a tune. I can't draw/paint etc. The closest I have gotten to is photography which I am approaching beginner status. I do enjoy building RC trucks and I have been pushing myself to paint the bodies better. These come clear and you paint the inside so you need to think in reverse for painting. It is weird. Typically this is done with masking tape cut, sometimes vinyl masking and just special formulated spray paint.

You can see the post where I show some of the process of painting it here.

Here is my most recent finished body. It is truly so dumb and it brings me such joy.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

:kimchi:

These are GREAT

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've been rebuilding parts of the house from 2 different water disasters in the past year or so.

I'm working in the basement and I'm reconfiguring the layout. I made this built-in bookcase / TV center from stock wood, 100% in house. First time making cabinets, making doors, etc.

Still a lot to do down there, but it's getting closer.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

While it hasn't been here in AI that long, its American Thanksgiving and that means its 100% the time to shine for Amerigoons in GWS. I hole we see some tasty treats!

Time to roll through the drive through.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 27, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hi thread! Kinda in a post-cooking-orgy coma here at the moment, but have some neat stuff that came out of today:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat son! thats some nice lookin' bread

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This thread is moving on soon, so post your culinary wonders if you got'em! So far you are being beaten by AI, if I was the sort to make such comparisons which I'm obv not

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Don't know if my entry to ICSA chili counts, but I was particularly pleased with a couple of the things I cooked, their philosophical underpinnings notwithstanding:

Roasted red pepper purée, white bean hummus, beef carpaccio, nasturtium leaf

Corn tortilla, cod loin in salsa verde, cucumber salsa

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
those spoon dishes are gorgeous. that's galaxy brain design work.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
my best hotdogs for the circus

Cheese Thief fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 3, 2020

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Goddamn everything looks amazing!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I decided to make something homemade for my family this year, so I'm giving my relatives a pair of hot sauces for Christmas...

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Here is my most recent finished body. It is truly so dumb and it brings me such joy.

this is very good and owns

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Sebmojo reminded me to post this here:

Forums poster nut pulled off a really fun and creative stunt, with the help also of forums poster sk

Basically we banned nut by reqeuest for "no nut november" during which time they continued regular-posting as an alt named pecan whose av was like a negative version of nut's av

meanwhile nut regged another account, Terry Harri, a persona who is a birdwatcher who loves nuthatches, and who made a neocities website about nuthatches, but it turned out nut was trapped inside of the website's code somehow! so BYOB posters, helped along by a shadowy character named knut hiding in the javascript, were implored to solve 16 puzzles in order to free nut from the website code, culminating in a final RPG battle full of running BYOB jokes

Here's the thread, the second post has links to all the puzzles if you feel like doing them or even just looking at them
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948371

the entire endeavor was such a fun and cool work of art

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

alnilam posted:

Sebmojo reminded me to post this here:

Forums poster nut pulled off a really fun and creative stunt, with the help also of forums poster sk

Basically we banned nut by reqeuest for "no nut november" during which time they continued regular-posting as an alt named pecan whose av was like a negative version of nut's av

meanwhile nut regged another account, Terry Harri, a persona who is a birdwatcher who loves nuthatches, and who made a neocities website about nuthatches, but it turned out nut was trapped inside of the website's code somehow! so BYOB posters, helped along by a shadowy character named knut hiding in the javascript, were implored to solve 16 puzzles in order to free nut from the website code, culminating in a final RPG battle full of running BYOB jokes

Here's the thread, the second post has links to all the puzzles if you feel like doing them or even just looking at them
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948371

the entire endeavor was such a fun and cool work of art

you sniped me!! gonna dump my post anyway, in case i can give any behind the scenes insight or answer any questions:

---

hey everyone! i'm coming to you live from byob, where we just finished up a five week ARG themed around saving byob superstar nut from a confused bird-loving canadian. we'd love to have more people see it now that everything is finished, so i'll link it here before giving anything away.

--- SPOILERS BELOW ---

nut requested a joke ban for No Nut November and then started discussing the game with me on nov 1. we mostly split between nut being in charge of puzzle ideas and creating art assets while i focused on writing the site's HTML/CSS/JS along with a couple pieces of audio recording / animation. a lot of the "lore" that ended up attached to the game was a joint effort with the two of us just bullshitting back and forth on discord throughout. it took until nov 9, when we had already completed a few puzzles, for us to decide on the final reveals for each character's secret identity.

we were both happy to see each puzzle solved fairly quickly by a couple people who then helped to lead the rest of the forum to the answer. i only needed to drop a hint once or twice when the players were REALLY stuck--the community was always great at working together on a variety of different challenges.

as for the final battle...i was WAY too confident that my 10-15 year old flash knowledge would make it easy to animate a battle scene, but about 40 working hours later i definitely put myself in over my head. i was pretty bummed that we had to release the animation with a pretty major playback bug but byob was very kind to us when we released the finale! it turned out to be a great crash course for myself with adobe animate (a great piece of software with no problems at all), and hopefully i'll be able to make more stuff with it in the future! it was also an opportunity to animate this real weird final fantasy summon (spoiler for finale content, and possibly :nws: for tasteful snail nudity):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2FZrE5BQow

so yeah, thanks to everyone who played along live, and i hope anyone joining now enjoys the game! it was a blast to work with nut in putting this all together, and i'm hoping for sure that another project like this comes along soon!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol sorry for scooping you!

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

alnilam posted:

lol sorry for scooping you!

just another example of byob teamwork :hfive:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Decided this morning that eight months without a doughnut is too much.

Whipped up some cardamom/lemon peel/nutmeg yeasted doughnuts, then fried and glazed 'em. White glaze is spiced rum, yellow is meyer lemon and vanilla.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It's been good thread, off you go to your next destination!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Scientastic posted:

I decided to make something homemade for my family this year, so I'm giving my relatives a pair of hot sauces for Christmas...

this is extremely cool i wish i was related to you

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Scientastic posted:

I love the Santa hats on the bottles :3:

Also,

Earwicker posted:

this is extremely cool i wish i was related to you

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
BYOB that was a thing of beauty and i'll forever kick myself for missing it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Been working on a gift for a friend's soon to be child! This is a 1/4-1/8 scale 3-string guitar:

The top is made of alder and Oregon myrtlewood:

The body out of Douglas fir (still have some unsanded woodfill on there):

And the neck out of western red cedar:

All the wood was harvested and milled by me from my own property. I'm a little pumped.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

I picked up embroidery during quarantine, and I've been making little things for friends and family to keep myself entertained.

Bee balm for my mom

Blue mana for a friend who loves MTG

Cactus for a friend who has probably 30 different types of succulents

An ombre teal heart made out of approximately a billion French knots for a friend who moved out of state

A Leo constellation for my cousin's baby named Leo (who ended up being born under the star sign :3:)

E: I was rude and forgot to add that everything people have posted so far has been amazing. Especially slothrop's danishes. Goddamn.

Skutter fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 14, 2020

Crocoduck
Sep 25, 2012

Hey guys! I do bonsai! Here's one of the trees I've been working on for a while now. It was growing on a mountain side for a few centuries before someone dug it up, sold it to me, and after getting it healthy and on good bonsai soil, I've given it a structural styling!

The goal of a structural styling is just to move the branches into position. Although American junipers like this have very cool trunks, their foliage is terrible, so next year I will be grafting shimpaku juniper foliage onto it.

I keep like fifty trees or so and have started styling trees for friends and patrons, so I can share more if there is interest.

Check out the bonsai thread for more cool stuff like this!

Crocoduck fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 14, 2020

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I have made a dragon scale dice bag. I really liked how fast it knit up and may have to do another. I like knitting hats, scarves and shawls. Even my cats get in on it, too. It's also got some incredible stuff in this thread.

And I made a queen size rainbow blanket.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Some amazingly creative people in the world (and in this thread). I'm not creative, but apparently I have a lot of patience and don't value my time. Just finished posting a compressed build log of making a little wooden boat.

If you are bored and want to see the entire build process, the thread is here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944859

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

The Locator posted:

Some amazingly creative people in the world (and in this thread). I'm not creative, but apparently I have a lot of patience and don't value my time. Just finished posting a compressed build log of making a little wooden boat.

If you are bored and want to see the entire build process, the thread is here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944859

loving serious, goon. This is amazing. The detail is awesome. Holy crap.

But what's it's name???

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Several picture frames for christmas presents. Top 3 are a matching set for my sister, for pictures of her kids (hence no art in them yet), made out of cherry with maple splines. Bottom row is walnut with a maple inlay/splines, walnut with maple splines, and ash.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Literally A Person posted:

But what's her name???

I want to know this too, but would understand if you wanted to name her by thread vote :getin:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Hello. I paint alot of nature stuff in oil and watercolor. I also do alot of drawing. I mostly end up donating stuff to charity art auctions or giving stuff away as gifts. Sometimes I get a wild hair and actually update my etsy and sell some stuff.

Abolutely love seeing other goon work/passion project/art - everything. Yall kick rear end.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

But what's it's name???

It's not a model of a real ship, it's a model of a 'type', but I named her "Serenity" because I'm a nerd and loved Firefly, plus it's funny to have a ship designed for war named Serenity.

Crocoduck
Sep 25, 2012

The Locator posted:

It's not a model of a real ship, it's a model of a 'type', but I named her "Serenity" because I'm a nerd and loved Firefly, plus it's funny to have a ship designed for war named Serenity.

I said this in your thread, but that is so loving sweet. Incredible effort and work.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I made this dadjoke. It's a toothbrush, get it? :dadjoke:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
(a) You're all wonderful creators of wonderful things!

(b) I'm annoyed to have missed the thread somehow despite posting in CC myself. :cripes:

I've posted these before, but here's some of my creative output during this disaster of a year. I got into lino printmaking earlier in the year and put together a few of kaiju chilling around various landmarks in Austin, TX:

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
This thread is great, people are so talented and in so many different areas :eyepop:

I knitted a sweater from a pattern book from the 90's. The cut is really outdated and full of weird stylistic choices (dropped shoulders, over-sized arms), but when I saw it I knew I had to have it. It's the most fun I've ever had making something.

First few rows of the back piece, this is the pattern that is repeated.

Oops, I messed up the pattern here but by the time I realized it was too late

The last step was to sew everything together. Making sure each patterned row matched was tricky.

It's hard to take a photo of the whole thing because it's so big but here is almost all of the finished product. I'm really happy I challenged myself to make it.

e. vvv I love the exploding wall, that's amazing!

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 14, 2020

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Woooow this is incredible. Absolutely slack-jawed as I scrolled through y'all's paintings, furniture, renders, sculptures, baked goods, etc. Just too much to mention. Absolutely amazing. What a cool thread idea, too!

I like to click plastic bricks together. I design things in LEGO! Here's some stuff I've been up to lately:

I made this last month for the DIY Secret Santa; it's a replica of another goon's Grizzly table saw:

And this one's kind of my big magnum opus right now, a build that I'm currently trying to gain support in order to have it made into an official LEGO set through the LEGO IDEAS program. It has all kinds of cool features like an exploding wall, a wagon with steering and suspension, a locking safe, etc. Check it all out here, including animated gifs of the action features, and maybe support the project if you'd like to help me out!

One last thing, I've also started streaming the design process of making LEGO models on my Twitch channel. I typically use a digital design program called Stud.io, and the streams are super chill and conversational. See how a model gets designed, hang out and chat about my cat who loves crying in the middle of every stream. I'm told by people who didn't know anything about LEGO before that this poo poo is somewhat fascinating, so give it a shot! We go at 7PM CST every Friday, and I really appreciate any and all support - I need 10 more followers to make affiliate!

Flickr which I use largely as a portfolio
Insta run and photographed by my partner, totally different / more casual pics than my Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Holy moley that's amazing!