Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Rutibex posted:

please tell me you have been wearing this around town when doing your groceries and other errands.

They wear it at home for their wife, clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Made an (semi) Biblically Accurate Angel for a video.

Basically two shepherds in ancient Judea are sitting in the desert one of them is talking about his plans to leave the sheepherding gig for a job in his uncle's workshop that makes penis charms that are massively popular with the Romans. Then suddenly an angel appears from the sky tells them not to fear, they fear. He tries to tell them about the birth of the Messiah but they're too freaked out to listen.

Basically I bought a few metal rings of various sizes from a crafts shop. Fastened them togethers with plastic straps. Covered all of that with newspaper and tape. Painted over that with some "pale rose". Bought some wooden balls, sawed them in half and sprayed them with a glossy white base. Then I printed out some irises and made my wife cut them out because my hands are wonky and I can't cut in a straight line nevermind a circle . Glued them onto the eyeballs with mod podge and then fastened the eyeballs to the frame. Covered all of that with strips of cotton soaked in liquid latex and painted over that again doing a few passes of various drybrushes until I was satisfied.

In action
http://i.imgur.com/wPQwRsG.gifv
Blinking eyes courtesy of forums user Feedmyleg who is a cool and good dude.
still need to do some fine tuning on the motion and hiding the limitations of the lovely wings I got free off Youtube.

I considered adding a fire effect to it since the wheels within wheels are supposed to be flaming but I felt it distracted from the turgid fleshiness of the angel.

The actual humans it interacts with will be played by characters from the game The Movies (2005) with human faces awkwardly Deep Faked on top. Mostly because my friend who I usually do all my videos with is self quarantining because he's disabled and Covid would probably kill him so we can't really go out and film or really meet so we came up with the most needlessly complicated solution we could find to still do videos but in a way that is deeply uncomfortable to watch.

The angel will probably on screen for at most 40 seconds in one sketch out of 6 or 7 (if we manage to "film" everything we've written so far" but is now by far the biggest expenditure in time and money. But it's alright since I wrote the sketch specifically so I would have an excuse to make it.

This rules so loving hard. My god.

Have you considered setting the/a model on fire as part of the joke? Like maybe it flies down all fleshy and moist and then somebody says that the wheels were flaming and suddenly the “puppet” bursts into flames. It probably wouldn’t film/composite super well so it’s probably a bad idea. Playing around with a cheap royalty free flame effect would probably give you a similar feel.

Looks awesome so far tho. What are you animating it in?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
What paint works well on controllers? I’m assuming that’s not your standard Krylon Fusion

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sanford posted:

I make dice and give them to people who maybe can't afford dice. Even if you don't play it's like having a little bag of treasure. Does my heart good when I'm out walking the dog and hear some random kids shouting about dice.

Sometimes my two year old daughter helps me. These sets are called Rainbow Explode and Dance Daddy Christmas.

One of my friends has an 8-year old who started to suffer very, very badly mental health wise as a result of lockdown. Inviting him to play (simplified) D&D seemed to help, and now I spend quite a lot of my time writing notes from a made-up dwarf called Thengor. He does a group therapy thing over Zoom and his dad says he plans several days in advance what dice/note he will take on to talk about. They have to have a specific timeslot before bed to talk about D&D and dice. I'm not sure his parents will ever forgive me.

"it's like the Diceman used to say--"

holy poo poo, I wanna make this into a nonprofit and then give money to it so that you can do this for more kids

also, how often do you hear kids shouting about dice? Do they just now know you as the Dice Guy and ask you for free dice?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
it’s been fun to watch the CCircus travel across different subforums that I frequent, as I keep meaning to contribute

I think part of it is that everybody’s sharing forum-specific stuff to keep with the tone of the thread so I’m like “ah poo poo, can’t share my plants anymore gotta share my tabletop rpg poo poo...” and so on

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sanford posted:

I followed a link from elsewhere and posted my dice in the music forum without realising, and several people were nice and no-one said "this isn't loving music, you clown." Wanna see them plants.

you should’ve posted in the synthesizer thread

we would’ve asked you to sample your dice rolls to make ambient tracks with

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Thanks. I feel the same way. It's the first major corporate deal that has landed after 5 years of writing and trying really hard as my main focus.

The toys are available in France; so it's cool if I say the company. It's the Smiley Corporation, they own the trademark for the smiley face. It was supposed to have a world wide launch last year, but due to the pandemic they paused everything for a while. They did send me prototype toys that currently are battle mini He-Man figures on my desk. It's been really fun.

E here's one of their commercials for the toys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ-dIQRxfnc

this is dystopian as gently caress I love it

this is like a toy they make in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Anias posted:

That evee is enough to make me consider cross stitching one for the kiddo. (She loves pokemon atm and evee is a fav) Fabulous work.

once you do the evee you’ll have to do all its evolutions