Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I made this dadjoke. It's a toothbrush, get it? :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Holy moley that's amazing!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That coherer is cool, I've never heard of one before and it led to me reading all about them.

When the first semiconductors came on the market no one could drop coherers fast enough :haw: they were indiscriminate in the worst ways. They were used to mark morse code onto ticker tape but since they would trigger indiscriminately with RF (so any interference, static, or whatever would happily trigger them along with valid signals) reading the result tape could be like reading tea leaves.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That poo poo genuinely got me wondering if it would have been possible to implement a basic (BASIC!) kind of transmission protocol / error control using period appropriate tech.

But I need to read up on the basics more because I don't get how a latching trigger like a coherer was used to differentiate between a dot and a dash (since a dot and a dash look the same through a coherer: the circuit closes and stays closed until reset -- the duration of the triggering signal isn't a factor unless I'm misunderstanding something.)

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Really nice job on the snow, with where and how much is stuck on the bikes. Looks great!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Spinz posted:

I've been making jewelry mostly earrings for about 15 years now and a few years ago I I realized I could draw and I started putting the earrings on cards like greeting cards that I drew pictures on. So I make the jewelry and the card and the decorations on the card:

This idea is amazing, love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Digital Prophet posted:

I sort of fell in love with pixel art- something I had never made before. that got me interested in GBstudio so I started working on my own gameboy game, inspired by Shadowgate, but a zombie survival point-and-click game instead of a fantasy thing:

I just wanted to say these look amazing. The perspectives and highlights really wring a lot out of the green-tinged OG gameboy pixel art.