Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Been working on a gift for a friend's soon to be child! This is a 1/4-1/8 scale 3-string guitar:

The top is made of alder and Oregon myrtlewood:

The body out of Douglas fir (still have some unsanded woodfill on there):

And the neck out of western red cedar:

All the wood was harvested and milled by me from my own property. I'm a little pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The Locator posted:

Some amazingly creative people in the world (and in this thread). I'm not creative, but apparently I have a lot of patience and don't value my time. Just finished posting a compressed build log of making a little wooden boat.

If you are bored and want to see the entire build process, the thread is here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944859

loving serious, goon. This is amazing. The detail is awesome. Holy crap.

But what's it's name???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Chernabog posted:

Made this a few days ago:

This is freaking awesome, goon.